Trump- pro-abortion - 1 reason I never voted for him

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Thu. May. 25, 2023 1:20 am

davidmcbeth3 wrote:
Wed. May. 24, 2023 11:52 pm
He is easy confused on guns and how they work. Grade I give him: F
He has long been licensed for, and does, concealed carry in NYC. You don't get a carry permit in the NY city (much tougher to get than the rest of NYS) being "confused on guns". But some people seem to be confused about his knowledge of guns. ;)

Paul

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 354
Coal Size/Type: nut coal
Other Heating: electric, wood, oil

Post by Hoytman » Thu. May. 25, 2023 8:35 am

davidmcbeth3 wrote:
Wed. May. 24, 2023 11:52 pm
He is easy confused on guns and how they work. Grade I give him: F
Name the one person Trump listens to more than any other, besides maybe someone at NRA, when it comes to “advising” on guns. I’ll give you a hint: He’s real close to DJT.

Sunny Boy

Post by Sunny Boy » Thu. May. 25, 2023 9:11 am

Hoytman wrote:
Thu. May. 25, 2023 8:35 am
Name the one person Trump listens to more than any other, besides maybe someone at NRA, when it comes to “advising” on guns. I’ll give you a hint: He’s real close to DJT.
And hint number 2. He and his brother are well known in the "gun community" for their hunting all around the world.

Paul

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t

Post by Hoytman » Thu. May. 25, 2023 10:20 am

Sunny Boy wrote:
Thu. May. 25, 2023 9:11 am
And hint number 2. He and his brother are well known in the "gun community" for their hunting all around the world.

Paul
BINGO!

davidmcbeth3
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Thu. May. 25, 2023 11:22 am

Trump ordered the AFT to make a change to find that bump stocks on guns equal turning the guns into machine guns and ordered the ATF to ban them.

You folks seem to say that Trump is an expert with guns. Well, a bump stock is not a machine gun nor converts a gun into one. A machine gun is one that shoots multiple rounds with one action of the trigger. A bump stock does not make that change to a non-machine gun...the gun still only fires one round per one trigger action.

So Trump specifically took action to change the definition of machine gun knowing it was not correct and directed the ATF to unconstitutionally change the definition of a machine gun and to find bump stocks illegal .

So its worse than initially stated by me in the previous post, assuming that Hoytman and Sunnyboys claims of 25 may are correct.

Sunny Boy

Post by Sunny Boy » Thu. May. 25, 2023 12:19 pm

davidmcbeth3 wrote:
Thu. May. 25, 2023 11:22 am
Trump ordered the AFT to make a change to find that bump stocks on guns equal turning the guns into machine guns and ordered the ATF to ban them.

You folks seem to say that Trump is an expert with guns. Well, a bump stock is not a machine gun nor converts a gun into one. A machine gun is one that shoots multiple rounds with one action of the trigger. A bump stock does not make that change to a non-machine gun...the gun still only fires one round per one trigger action.

So Trump specifically took action to change the definition of machine gun knowing it was not correct and directed the ATF to unconstitutionally change the definition of a machine gun and to find bump stocks illegal .

So its worse than initially stated by me in the previous post, assuming that Hoytman and Sunnyboys claims of 25 may are correct.
Now your confused.
A bump stock only works by ONE CONTINUOUS PULL of the trigger, "one action of the trigger" just like a full auto version. You have to keep the trigger pulled or the rifle stops firing - same as if it was "fully automatic".

So, bump stock or full auto, both are multiple rounds fired by one trigger pull.

It is the rifle's recoil working against the forward pressure of the non-trigger hand causing the sliding action of the bump stock to reset and pull the trigger and release the sear in much the same way as flipping an M16/M4 selector switch to full auto does to the sear as long as the trigger is held back.

And it will fire at close to the same rate as the fully automatic version.

Paul

k-2
Stoker Coal Boiler: K2- Keystoker
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Stoker Stove
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by k-2 » Thu. May. 25, 2023 1:23 pm

davidmcbeth3 wrote:
Wed. May. 24, 2023 2:37 pm
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-defends-refusal- ... 55368.html

He's pro-abortion...a no-no to get my vote.
He has a very middle ground view of it as do most americans ,not "pro"abortion at all. I feel the same way as trump and i dont consider myself pro-abortion at all. But Desantis isa better candidate IMO.

davidmcbeth3

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Thu. May. 25, 2023 2:04 pm

Sunny Boy wrote:
Thu. May. 25, 2023 12:19 pm
Now your confused.
A bump stock only works by ONE CONTINUOUS PULL of the trigger, "one action of the trigger" just like a full auto version. You have to keep the trigger pulled or the rifle stops firing - same as if it was "fully automatic".

So, bump stock or full auto, both are multiple rounds fired by one trigger pull.

It is the rifle's recoil working against the forward pressure of the non-trigger hand causing the sliding action of the bump stock to reset and pull the trigger and release the sear in much the same way as flipping an M16/M4 selector switch to full auto does to the sear as long as the trigger is held back.

And it will fire at close to the same rate as the fully automatic version.

Paul
"any weapon which shoots, is
designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than
one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger." 26 U.S.C.
5845(b).

A bump stock does not change the mechanism's trigger at all. The trigger needs the action of the trigger depressed to discharge a single shot. Then the trigger re-sets when released and needs to be activated a 2nd time for a 2nd shot to be produced.

Its not a "finger pull" standard...its a trigger function. The trigger of the fire control action in a AR needs reset and re-action is needed for each bullet to be projected out.

A bump stock does not change the mechanical action of the firearm at all; its still one action of the trigger = one bullet coming out. And people have been doing what a bump stock does with rubber bands. Are rubber bands use make the gun a machine gun? No.

Hope this helps your understanding of the subject. I have changed the action of AR's to be single action fire too and may patent the changes so that folks can make a single action AR with a special 80% kit for a single action AR. As far as the action goes on a AR, I am an expert on this..I have 30 years of experience designing making changes to the AR fire control group for improvement. I made a change to allow for varying the pull force and finger movement distance needed to activate the trigger for an on-the-fly adjustments to vary the trigger pull force, that is a neat modification but I don't see any great sales of the modification so I just use it. All my variations and modifications are trade secrets.

davidmcbeth3

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Thu. May. 25, 2023 2:13 pm

removed - tech issue-clicked wrong button

Sunny Boy

Post by Sunny Boy » Thu. May. 25, 2023 3:51 pm

davidmcbeth3 wrote:
Thu. May. 25, 2023 2:04 pm
"any weapon which shoots, is
designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than
one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger." 26 U.S.C.
5845(b).

A bump stock does not change the mechanism's trigger at all. The trigger needs the action of the trigger depressed to discharge a single shot. Then the trigger re-sets when released and needs to be activated a 2nd time for a 2nd shot to be produced.

Its not a "finger pull" standard...its a trigger function. The trigger of the fire control action in a AR needs reset and re-action is needed for each bullet to be projected out.

A bump stock does not change the mechanical action of the firearm at all; its still one action of the trigger = one bullet coming out. And people have been doing what a bump stock does with rubber bands. Are rubber bands use make the gun a machine gun? No.

Hope this helps your understanding of the subject. I have changed the action of AR's to be single action fire too and may patent the changes so that folks can make a single action AR with a special 80% kit for a single action AR. As far as the action goes on a AR, I am an expert on this..I have 30 years of experience designing making changes to the AR fire control group for improvement. I made a change to allow for varying the pull force and finger movement distance needed to activate the trigger for an on-the-fly adjustments to vary the trigger pull force, that is a neat modification but I don't see any great sales of the modification so I just use it. All my variations and modifications are trade secrets.
And I've had years with a few M-16A1 - both semi and full auto. So what ?

It is understood that one pull of the trigger per shot is semi auto, verses one pull makes many shots is full auto. You can get deep into the weeds about what parts in the fire control group are doing what but the end result is, the bump stock rate of fire is equal to many machine guns and that is why it was banned.

BTW, Trump was not alone. The NRA agreed that bump stocks should be subject to regulation like full auto weapons. Are you also going to say that the NRA does not know how guns work ? :roll:

Paul

Sunny Boy

Post by Sunny Boy » Thu. May. 25, 2023 4:05 pm

k-2 wrote:
Thu. May. 25, 2023 1:23 pm
He has a very middle ground view of it as do most americans ,not "pro"abortion at all. I feel the same way as trump and i dont consider myself pro-abortion at all. But Desantis isa better candidate IMO.
Same here.

Like much of the pro-life group, I believe there are a small percentage of exceptional circumstances that abortion should be allowed. Unlike the pro-abortion side that want it mostly just for birth control but try to make the exceptions sound like the rule and use that to beat the pro-life side over the head with.

I'm waiting to find out more about what DeSantis stands are. If he gets to Washington, will he be just another critter in the swamp or not ? So far, I don't see anything that leads me to think he will make as much change as Trump did or will. It's still very early days for the 2024 election.

Paul

Hoytman

Post by Hoytman » Thu. May. 25, 2023 5:04 pm

k-2 wrote:
Thu. May. 25, 2023 1:23 pm
Just what has he promised you that you trust him to keep his promises?

Granted he’s done well in Florida and I am not anti-DeSantis…just more pro Trump at this time. Trump kept his campaign promises? He did…and that’s why the left hates his guts…that’s why they’ve unapologetically made his life a living hell. You going to bail on him now? Are you? Not me. Why? He kept his promise’s…nearly all of them.

Take abortion and bump stocks out of the equation. I’d still vote for him. Why? He’s trying to get this country back on its feet and running again with energy independence, jobs…like before pre-Covid, LEGAL immigration with good people who want to become American and assimilate into the fabric of the U.S., etc., etc.

Bumpstocks…

Ever seen a factory semi-auto pistol hang the cases in the air…all the cases? I have…and it’s done with a single pull of the trigger…one pull…and if your grip is light and right it’ll empty the magazine before the first casing hits the ground. I got one better and faster than that…

…you ever seen Bob Munden…the fastest man who ever lived (that we know of and is recorded as being faster than a rattlesnake bite)? He fired 6 rounds in a revolver faster than a semi-auto can cycle the sale 6 rounds. Proof on camera. YouTube is your friend if you didn’t get to see it when the show first aired.

Back to hanging the cases… the key is the light grip…and they’ll all go.,,somewhere…but don’t expect accuracy.

These people with their semi-auto AR style guns…you cak have them. Yep…they’re just like my semi-auto’s as far as function…but I could care less about them. It’s your right to own one…have at it. You want a bump stock…have at it…but I don’t want or need that crap. I don’t dislike them…would be fun to shoot one…but I don’t need it or want it. I do want people to have a right to guns…but to me…bump stocks are an aversion to full auto…and I’m not opposed to them either…if you’re a law abiding citizen…just don’t skirt the laws…which is cunning and caniving (spelling?)… change the laws. Bump stocks were a way to skate around the full auto-laws…plain and simple…legal…but skirting none-the-less…and attempt to get something the law didn’t want people to have.

Hoytman

Post by Hoytman » Thu. May. 25, 2023 5:39 pm

The Amish support Trump both on guns and pro-life issues. Good enough for me.

I’ve heard people say Trump is a divider. Really? Like Obama and Biden aren’t. What a cop-out.

I could really care less about DJT the man, it’s his policies that I like … and he’s a man that keeps his word…he kept his campaign promises to the American people and because of those reasons he deserves some loyalty from the people…not to mention the latest news that he’s not a communist bastard like so many painted him to be.

Funny how those that locked people down and supported censorship and free speech of common people as well as doctors & scientists who had a different opinions or views on Covid and treatment, those people who did that to others were worried about Trumps supposed Russian collusion and they are the very ones who acted the most like communists and Nazi’s…they acted like dictators forcing their rules on everyone and subverted the supreme law of our land…the U.S. Constitution.

What if DeSantis turns out to be the RINO some say he is? Then I’d say he’d do more damage to this country than RFKJr. At least Trump and RFKJr tell you where they stand…even though they oppose each other…you have no idea where a RINO stands because he’ll flip and flop when least expected…just like Romney.

Romney was wrong when he give Biden a pass in the debate with Obama, he was wrong about Jan 6th participants and saying Trump invited an insurrection, and he was wrong about Trump/Russian collusion. What a disgrace and disaster he’d have been as President because just like Biden they’re both wrong nearly all the time.

davidmcbeth3

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Thu. May. 25, 2023 8:24 pm

Sunny Boy wrote:
Thu. May. 25, 2023 3:51 pm

BTW, Trump was not alone. The NRA agreed that bump stocks should be subject to regulation like full auto weapons. Are you also going to say that the NRA does not know how guns work ? :roll:

Paul
One can buy a M16 today. Seems as if one is happy with semi-auto rifles but only ones that have a limited firing rate. lol

And the NRA is the biggest gun control organization out there- they have supported much anti-gun legislation with all that they proposed and pushed for being found unconstitutional. Only FUDDs give $ to NRA.

k-2
Stoker Coal Boiler: K2- Keystoker
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Stoker Stove
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by k-2 » Thu. May. 25, 2023 8:56 pm

Hoytman wrote:
Thu. May. 25, 2023 5:04 pm
. You going to bail on him now? Are you? Not me. Why? He kept his promise’s…nearly all of them.
Im not bailing on anyone. Im a democrat who voted for trump twice. Which is why he won PA the first time around where there are many more Democrats than Rep. So to win here you need to have a large number of Democrats vote for you and All of the GOP. The Democrats have gone too far off the rails 20 yrs ago for me to ever consider them again. Dont know why i never changed parties but if i did i would be independent. I love trumps policies but he cant seem to stop acting like 5 yr old. Im not sure he can win again. The name calling and tantrums are juvenile. Desantis is not plagued with that trait and is doing a great job in Florida. Ill support either if they are the GOP nominee.

Return to “The Coffee House”