Should your children be taken from you if

ColdHouse

Post by ColdHouse » Sat. Feb. 04, 2023 6:14 pm

waytomany?s wrote:
Sat. Feb. 04, 2023 6:04 pm
Well, you just finished out the exact definition. Carry on.
Thanks! I will.

ColdHouse

Post by ColdHouse » Sat. Feb. 04, 2023 6:37 pm

waytomany?s wrote:
Sat. Feb. 04, 2023 4:37 pm
Or that you are just narcissistic.
You may be confusing Narcissism with Eccentricity.

waytomany?s
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark II
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Looking
Baseburners & Antiques: Looking
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: newmac wood/coal combo furnace

Post by waytomany?s » Sat. Feb. 04, 2023 6:39 pm

ColdHouse wrote:
Sat. Feb. 04, 2023 6:37 pm
You may be confusing Narcissism with Eccentricity.
I take it you didn't read the definition. No matter.

ColdHouse

Post by ColdHouse » Sat. Feb. 04, 2023 6:47 pm

waytomany?s wrote:
Sat. Feb. 04, 2023 6:39 pm
I take it you didn't read the definition. No matter.
Maybe make a list of how you arrived at your diagnosis. Give your definition.

waytomany?s

Post by waytomany?s » Sat. Feb. 04, 2023 7:13 pm

ColdHouse wrote:
Sat. Feb. 04, 2023 6:47 pm
Maybe make a list of how you arrived at your diagnosis. Give your definition.
No thanks.

carlherrnstein
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: combustioneer model 77B
Coal Size/Type: pea stoker/Ohio bituminous

Post by carlherrnstein » Sat. Feb. 04, 2023 10:34 pm

I say no..

waytomany?s

Post by waytomany?s » Sun. Feb. 05, 2023 8:44 am

carlherrnstein wrote:
Sat. Feb. 04, 2023 10:34 pm
I say no..
In general? Or to something particular? I do truly believe that a child would do best with parents. And I can see instances where they should be removed from a parents care. I do not believe a child should have no chance of communicating with or potentially being put back in that parents care. I do worry about instances like CH proposed where a child is removed under false pretenses. I do not have an answer to how to prevent or resolve those situations.

SMITTY
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 Highboy
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Post by SMITTY » Sun. Feb. 05, 2023 10:45 am

Once you give the government power to take your kids away from you, there's no going back from that. Soon, your kids will be taken away because you "voted wrong", and therefore, have the "wrong" ideology, and they'll say that's "dangerous" for your kids. We're already there in some places around the nation.

These are the same dolts that called Jan.6th of last year an "insurrection", when the only people armed there were the government.

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 354
Coal Size/Type: nut coal
Other Heating: electric, wood, oil

Post by Hoytman » Sun. Feb. 05, 2023 10:49 am

Yup! What he said. :lol:

waytomany?s

Post by waytomany?s » Sun. Feb. 05, 2023 10:52 am

SMITTY wrote:
Sun. Feb. 05, 2023 10:45 am
Once you give the government power to take your kids away from you, there's no going back from that. Soon, your kids will be taken away because you "voted wrong", and therefore, have the "wrong" ideology, and they'll say that's "dangerous" for your kids. We're already there in some places around the nation.

These are the same dolts that called Jan.6th of last year an "insurrection", when the only people armed there were the government.
Agreed. I think that's where the citizenry cannot go through life with blinders on. Overreach needs to be called out and fought against. Kinda like the current debt ceiling fight. Part of our founding was designed to keep each citizen involved to prevent gov't overreach.

k-2
Stoker Coal Boiler: K2- Keystoker
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Stoker Stove
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by k-2 » Sun. Feb. 05, 2023 11:27 am

ColdHouse wrote:
Sat. Feb. 04, 2023 3:42 pm
Thomas Massie
It’s not a doomsday clock or a pedometer, though it’s been confused for both.
I though we would be in default and depression long before 31T. I guess they figure we can just keep printing with more an more zeros forever ,but i think inflation will put an end to it eventually as we are seeing right now. Everyone using dollars just lost half their net worth this year. Rich and poor alike. Only those in hard assets were insulated to some extent. My real estate increased in dollar value but those devalued dollars now only buy half as much as last year.

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 354
Coal Size/Type: nut coal
Other Heating: electric, wood, oil

Post by Hoytman » Sun. Feb. 05, 2023 12:26 pm

Some (what party are the big spenders) insisted that 31T be the number rather than a much lower number. Too easy to get out of debt with the lower number. :lol:

carlherrnstein

Post by carlherrnstein » Sun. Feb. 05, 2023 1:45 pm

waytomany?s wrote:
Sun. Feb. 05, 2023 8:44 am
In general? Or to something particular? I do truly believe that a child would do best with parents. And I can see instances where they should be removed from a parents care. I do not believe a child should have no chance of communicating with or potentially being put back in that parents care. I do worry about instances like CH proposed where a child is removed under false pretenses. I do not have an answer to how to prevent or resolve those situations.
Lack of running water is not a reason to remove a child from a his/her parents. Only heating a home to 55 degrees is not a reason to remove a child from his/her parents.

The only reason I my opinion to remove a child from there parents is if there is abuse or neglect. I am well aware that it can be difficult to draw a line but, neither of those conditions are grounds.

Ever been in an Amish families home? They don't have running water and the only warm room is the kitchen. Maybe there is a stove in the "parlor" but probably not.

ColdHouse

Post by ColdHouse » Sun. Feb. 05, 2023 1:55 pm

carlherrnstein wrote:
Sun. Feb. 05, 2023 1:45 pm
Lack of running water is not a reason to remove a child from a his/her parents. Only heating a home to 55 degrees is not a reason to remove a child from his/her parents.

The only reason I my opinion to remove a child from there parents is if there is abuse or neglect. I am well aware that it can be difficult to draw a line but, neither of those conditions are grounds.

Ever been in an Amish families home? They don't have running water and the only warm room is the kitchen. Maybe there is a stove in the "parlor" but probably not.
Would an Amish family be left alone to live the life they choose if they were not in the confines of the Amish Community? So could they live their life in the city or suburban area?

carlherrnstein

Post by carlherrnstein » Sun. Feb. 05, 2023 2:56 pm

ColdHouse wrote:
Sun. Feb. 05, 2023 1:55 pm
Would an Amish family be left alone to live the life they choose if they were not in the confines of the Amish Community? So could they live their life in the city or suburban area?
Probably not, because there are a lot of busy bodies that have nothing better to do than cause trouble for other people. Ever heard of Amos Miller?

Sadly the law is a spiders web the flies get caught and the wasps go free.

The person who has an accident prone kid gets CPS called on them by a busy body because the kid broke their arm falling out of a tree or got a black eye from falling down the stairs or burned themselves on the oven window and the meth addicted hoe mother is not messed with when her daughter is raped by the boyfriend.

Law enforcement is all about money. If you have something that can be taken you will spend money on lawyers to prevent it being taken unless you have no money. If that's the case you are left alone.

Return to “The Coffee House”