Freddy's Coffee House 14May2022

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. May. 14, 2022 6:20 am

Good Saturday Morning,Coalers! What a week of warm,dry weather We've had in Da' Northeast Ohio! Got alot of weather delayed work accomplished at Da' Ranch! Hope You were able to smash out some chores where You are! Oh,by the way,Coffee's on,and so is Breakfast! I'm sending this from Camp,as I've finally made it up to open! Thank God!! Make it Your Way today,and be sure to do "Da' Freddy Thing"!!😂

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. May. 14, 2022 6:54 am

Mornin'
With this beautiful weather, I think I'll have my coffee on the deck at Freddy's Coffee House!!!!!.......Thank you, HB!!!
Summer chores(yardwork) are on the menu.....have a great week-end, guys/gals.
Cheers

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. May. 14, 2022 7:04 am

Mornin all--thanx HB--move over D--plenty of room on the deck!!! :) Beautiful weather indeed--lotsa outside stuff gettin done!! Enjoy people!! :)

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. May. 14, 2022 8:10 am

I have a story to share on this sunny morning. Yesterday my mom got up at 5:30 am and went into the kitchen to make coffee and was shocked to find a stranger in their house. She yelled at him to get out of the house and yelled for my dad to bring the shotgun. The guy took off and ran into the woods. Mom called the police, and dad called the local farm to put a call out over the radio to the guys in the trucks & tractors to keep an eye out for this guy. Within 20 minutes they had him spotted and directed the police to pick him up. He had the spare key for my parents house in his pocket, along with debit cards from other people. Turns out he had gone through everything in their garage and found the spare key for the house (not easy to find) and let himself him. No idea what he was after, but dad said this guy looks like a poster child for drug addiction. Thankfully everyone is okay, but it certainly shattered any since of security that mom and dad had by living a mile from any neighbors and 700' off the road. This would not have happened if their 100lb Airdale was still on duty, but sadly he passed away last year. I expect they will be looking for another dog pretty soon.

On a brighter note, we are at the end of the warmest week I can remember in mid May. Supposed to see 85F this afternoon. It is opening day of Little League, so I will be at the baseball field all afternoon getting cooked and eaten by black flies. I considered putting some diesel fuel on my hat for bug repellent but can't afford it. We will see how my faded can of "Deep Woods Off" does.

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Sat. May. 14, 2022 8:30 am

Thats quite the story Rob! Ive seen enough crazy things in remote areas to know we arent safe anywhere. Glad they caught him.

I had two 90+ degree days this week, both setting records for the date here. Real windy but its been windy for 6 months. After the long cold winter I'll take it.

Farmers are finally getting seeds in the ground to feed us and critters. Its getting late for that. Its been too wet here in much of the midwest and west.

Although Im ill prepared I have to go fishing for northern for a couple hours in the local mine pits today, twist my arm! The ponds will turn green within a couple weeks so I have to catch them quick.

Have fun today everyone!

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sat. May. 14, 2022 8:48 am

Morning All!

Wow, that's a pretty crazy story there Rob! I guess that guy didn't have a good exit plan. Hard to believe someone would walk out into a remote area to rob a house. :annoyed:

No nice weather down here, it's still pretty soggy warm and very humid. :no1:
I managed to get some mowing done yesterday but it's still to wet to get out on the steep part of the hill. Probably be working on the 944+V8 project today.

Have a good weekend everyone!
-Don

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Sat. May. 14, 2022 9:25 am

Good morning friends, thanks for the bay made coffee HB👍.
That’s crazy Rob glad he ran out of the house could have been a lot worse if hr didn’t.
No camping this weekend due to work😞 but I only have 3 more weekends to work this year, getting ready for a graduation party early next month for our daughter, can’t believe she is finished with school already.
Have a great weekend people and stay safe.

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. May. 14, 2022 9:59 pm

Wow... Rob.... I'm glad no one was hurt. Geepers!

Today was how I like my coffee....HOT!.... the 14 days of May have brought us 13 clear & sunny days. The last week, hotter & hotter. We broke a couple records.

Stay safe.... hope you all have a good weekend.

Toddburn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 983/ Hitzer 55
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite/pea
Other Heating: Heat pump/forced air

Post by Toddburn » Tue. May. 17, 2022 6:29 am

Good Tuesday morning fellows, reload on the sock if anyone wants a cup! Crazy stuff Rob glad everyone was ok. I know what you mean Barry I have a son graduating also. Busy around here getting things done outside,garden ready for planting if it dries out today or tomorrow potatoes are going in. Grabbed a few days of work so that always a good thing. Take care guys!!! Fresh eggs and sausage patties if anyone wants a bite!!!

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Tue. May. 17, 2022 7:13 am

Nice T, good choicer!!---Had 2 ton of bagged BLASCHAK NUT delivered yesterday--just stock pilin at last yrs price--we'll see what my bulk price is come Fall!!

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Tue. May. 17, 2022 8:42 am

Wow! Rob,What had to be going through Your poor Mom's head!! Beyond a Shocker! Pop's got a sudden rude awakening as well..!! How are they doing now? A violation of Your Sacred Space can be fairly brutal. Barry,welcome to the World of "Parents With Real Adult Children"!! Wow Again!!👍

Return to “The Coffee House”