Steam Locomotive Coal

BlackBetty06
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
Coal Size/Type: Stockton Nut
Other Heating: Jotul 118b woodstove, dual fuel heat pump/condensing propane furnace

Post by BlackBetty06 » Mon. Mar. 23, 2020 7:45 pm

Oh and we flew over lobster lake and saw some moose around the edge. So I’ve probably flown over said trains and never knew about it.

NoSmoke
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: New Yoker WC90
Baseburners & Antiques: Woods and Bishop Antique Pot Bellied Stove
Coal Size/Type: Stove/Nut/Pea Anthracite
Other Heating: Munchkin LP Boiler/Englander Pellet Stove/Perkins 4.108 Cogeneration diesel

Post by NoSmoke » Tue. Mar. 24, 2020 5:36 am

You should have seen it, the trains are out in the open, and the State of Maine now maintains the site with mowing of grass, (and further away, maintaining a parking area, a bathroom, ext). It is meager at best, but it is VERY isolated too, and more than what they did do.

I never fully explored the Tramway. I started following the cable/tracks through the woods, but we had a 6 year old with us, with VERY short legs, so just hiking in and out was tiring for her. Hiking to the tramway site was not something she could do.

Berlin

Post by Berlin » Mon. Sep. 14, 2020 11:43 pm

Use Valier coal, sized well, cheap, low ash, already supplies a few railroads. listed as a supplier on this site. Also, people have used thompson bros ohio egg coal with success, but, much more ash and shale.

ashlandohcoal
Verified Business Rep.
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Crown Royal RS7400 & DS Aqua-Gem
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: COAL-EZ & Ashland Heater
Coal Size/Type: KY Lump, Ohio Egg & Bagged Anthracite

Post by ashlandohcoal » Mon. Oct. 19, 2020 6:38 pm

Rick, feel free to reach out to me. I work with other tourist railroads and hobby groups. I guarantee I can find the perfect product for your application.

Return to “Bituminous Coal Heating General Topics”