Mask Wearing Poll

Mask Wearing Poll

Poll ended at Tue. Aug. 04, 2020 6:16 pm

1. I will go to jail before I wear a mask.
3%
2. I won't wear a mask unless legally required or store requires them.
63%
3. I always wear a mask in any store, business, indoor gathering whether required by law, by the business, or not.
34%
4. I like my mask so much I wear it to bed and gave it a pet name.
No votes

Total votes: 38

titleist1

Post by titleist1 » Fri. Jul. 31, 2020 2:16 pm

#3 for me at this point. Although it is mandatory in MD and DE stores now, even if it was optional I'd wear one for now. I have two 90+'ers living with us now and will put up with the inconvenience of the mask no matter how ineffective it is supposed to be to help from bringing home anything to infect them. I also wipe down my hands with lysol wipes I keep in the truck when i leave the store.

On the plus side...People in stores don't recognize me when i am wearing the mask and a hat. Quite a few times I have seen people i know and think geez i hope they don't start talking to me and then i remember they cant tell who i am behind the mask!!!

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 354
Coal Size/Type: nut coal
Other Heating: electric, wood, oil

Post by Hoytman » Fri. Jul. 31, 2020 2:29 pm

In my opinion there are not enough options to the poll. Sorry!

I'm in at three for now (if you must know where I stand, but I won't vote)...but when they make citizens in Ohio wear them with threat of fines, that's when I buck the system. Same with a federal mandate. You can't just over night say your going to take people's freedoms away.

If our government wants to be able to implement unconstitutional mandates, then amend the constitution to fit a pandemic such as this so that people know what they're up against...and make it a federal law...all the same for every state, or let each state pass their own laws for pandemics. As of now, that amendment is not in place and in my mind the government is over stepping bounds with regard to freedoms our soldiers fought and died for. You want to change that? Then pass a law and I will comply. Anything less is turning law abiding citizens into criminals on a whim and with the stroke of a pen and not a single vote from the people.

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Fri. Jul. 31, 2020 2:46 pm

titleist1 wrote:
Fri. Jul. 31, 2020 2:16 pm
#3 for me at this point. Although it is mandatory in MD and DE stores now, even if it was optional I'd wear one for now. I have two 90+'ers living with us now and will put up with the inconvenience of the mask no matter how ineffective it is supposed to be to help from bringing home anything to infect them. I also wipe down my hands with lysol wipes I keep in the truck when i leave the store.

On the plus side...People in stores don't recognize me when i am wearing the mask and a hat. Quite a few times I have seen people i know and think geez i hope they don't start talking to me and then i remember they cant tell who i am behind the mask!!!
That was my choice too, and pretty much for the same reasons. It is mandatory here now anyway as it likely will be in most places at some point. Im not into fining people or forcing them to wear them but I do wear one and I would anyway. I have to care of my elderly father some. He would kick my butt if I didnt wear one anyway, lol. I use 80% alcohol sanitizer I got from a local brewery for my hands, but Menards sells the stuff real cheap too.

That works fine for me Hoytman but I dont really want to add any options after people voted. Its just to kinda see where people stand on it, especially those that arent vocal about their views as they can vote anonymously. You might be closest to #1 after your state makes it mandatory.

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 354
Coal Size/Type: nut coal
Other Heating: electric, wood, oil

Post by Hoytman » Fri. Jul. 31, 2020 3:19 pm

Nope...not going to jail over a mask. I'd come closer to going to jail over defending someone's right not to wear one when they make it illegal...all while I'm wearing mine. At the same time, I'm not the type of person to go out and protest anything. Sounds odd, I know. Give them an inch and they'll take a mile. And only then if I happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time and would have to defend some person who can't wear them...and people of all ages have breathing issues and need to tend to their needs at stores. Otherwise, we've been keeping our distance from the towns...more than we really want or like to. No one is responsible for my well being but me, and I'm responsible for my family.

People just need to learn to be more empathetic and patient with each other, that's all. It's as simple as that. It's not my place to be the mask police/enforcer.

lsayre
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW), ComfortMax 75

Post by lsayre » Fri. Jul. 31, 2020 3:22 pm

#4 is for CPAP wearers.

johnjoseph
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Other Heating: pellet stove, oil boiler

Post by johnjoseph » Fri. Jul. 31, 2020 3:30 pm

30666426-0-image-a-15_1594532281118.jpg
.JPG | 196.2KB | 30666426-0-image-a-15_1594532281118.jpg

coaledsweat
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by coaledsweat » Fri. Jul. 31, 2020 4:25 pm

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Fri. Jul. 31, 2020 4:31 pm

Another one for option #2.
We were at the Stepson's in Bennington, Vermont, today. Like NYS stores, over there it was all, "No mask, No service". We drove Melissa's car so all we had were some of the KN95 "duck bill" type and some of the "surgical" type masks they hand out at her Nursing Home.

Whatever the KN95 was made of after about 10 minutes I felt like I was being smothered. Once I got outside and took the mask off, it took me a few minutes to catch my breath. Later, The stepson and I went into Home Depot. I switched to wearing the surgical type and whatever it's made out of the fibers on the inside were constantly tickling my nose. No wonder so many people are complaining about masks.

When I mentioned what I'd just experienced, Melissa just gave me a non-sympathetic look and said, try wearing those for an 8 hour work day. :o

From now on, I'll stick with my 3M N95 OSHA versions - no feeling smothered and no tickles.

Paul

warminmn

Post by warminmn » Fri. Jul. 31, 2020 4:51 pm

I agree SB. I bought some KN95's and do not like them at all. Besides what you said they leak air like a screen. I feel every exhale go past my eyes. The 3 N95's I have I put new straps on them and alternate them... it helps that I usually only go shopping once a week. But I can get a tight fit with them and I dont feel smothered as long as I dont walk real fast. I hang them outside a day to dry.

warminmn

Post by warminmn » Fri. Jul. 31, 2020 4:52 pm

coaledsweat wrote:
Fri. Jul. 31, 2020 4:25 pm
FUNNY! :clap:

Keepaeyeonit
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Nut & stove
Other Heating: 49 year old oil furnace, and finally a new heat pump

Post by Keepaeyeonit » Fri. Jul. 31, 2020 4:57 pm

I’m in the #2 spot also, i wear a bandanna so i can breathe easier because it’s opened at the bottom, just goes to show you how good all this *censored* is supposedly keeping everyone safe!! :lol:
I found it funny how different states were taking to this crap, Tennessee not more then a handful wearing masks but in Delaware i saw single bicycle riders wearing them :what: we were suppose to have them on when out In public but we never had them on unless we went into a store or restaurant.

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Fri. Jul. 31, 2020 5:19 pm

Keepaeyeonit wrote:
Fri. Jul. 31, 2020 4:57 pm
I’m in the #2 spot also, i wear a bandanna so i can breathe easier because it’s opened at the bottom, just goes to show you how good all this *censored* is supposedly keeping everyone safe!! :lol:
I found it funny how different states were taking to this crap, Tennessee not more then a handful wearing masks but in Delaware i saw single bicycle riders wearing them :what: we were suppose to have them on when out In public but we never had them on unless we went into a store or restaurant.
Was good weather, and we saw many Vermonters out walking, enjoying the good weather,....... with masks on. :o

Southern Vermont, the California of the East Coast. :lol:

Paul

cabinover
Stoker Coal Boiler: Hybrid Axeman Anderson 130
Baseburners & Antiques: Sparkle #12
Coal Size/Type: Pea, Buckwheat, Nut
Other Heating: LP Hot air. WA TX for coal use.

Post by cabinover » Fri. Jul. 31, 2020 5:39 pm

Sunny Boy wrote:
Fri. Jul. 31, 2020 5:19 pm
Was good weather, and we saw many Vermonters out walking, enjoying the good weather,....... with masks on. :o

Southern Vermont, the California of the East Coast. :lol:

Paul
Thank you for clarifying that Paul :lol: Actually I see them daily up here in their car, windows rolled up with a mask on. Pretty sure it's to keep them from licking the windows myself.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Fri. Jul. 31, 2020 7:44 pm

Covers (pun intended) it REAL well though!! :)

grumpy

Post by grumpy » Fri. Jul. 31, 2020 8:52 pm

Let me ask you all a question,

When and who educated you on what kind of mask to wear?

When and who educated you on how to properly fit and wear a mask ?

When and who educated you on how to properly handle, store or dispose of a mask that would be considered contaminated after being in public ?

When and who educated you on the do's and do not of wearing a mask ?

If the experts are telling us to wear a mask don't you think THEY would think we all should be educated on the above ?

Because if you do it wrong it could kill you. Yet we have not been educated by any of them.

So, is it really about the virus/mask or something else, like , lets say fear......

Return to “Health”