I think it may be time

2001Sierra
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90 Chimney vent
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Buderus Oil Boiler 3115-34

Post by 2001Sierra » Tue. May. 19, 2020 9:29 pm

Done here tomorrow just outside Albany NY. Oil is $1.59 on sandwich board down the road. Looks like I will fill up early summer. Still ordered 3 tons of rice today. Should be retired late next fall, still trying to make that decision amid this Covid nightmare.

JohnB
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
Coal Size/Type: Mostly nut, some pea

Post by JohnB » Wed. May. 20, 2020 9:41 pm

50-93 was still idling away this morning from Sunday nights hopper fill. One side was dead, other side was over 100* but the bed was getting low. House was chilly & temps outside weren't living up to the forecast so I covered the baro with foil & opened the ash pan door for awhile. Fire came back nicely so by mid afternoon I decided to throw another bucket of coal in as temps are supposed to be in the 30's tonight. If the weather liars get it right tomorrow I'll let it burn out by Friday.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Thu. May. 21, 2020 6:33 am

28* here on the hill this AM--lookin twds Aug. for shut down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

JohnB
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
Coal Size/Type: Mostly nut, some pea

Post by JohnB » Fri. May. 22, 2020 3:13 pm

I'm out. Cleaned out the stove this morning & set it up for burning wood scraps.

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Fri. May. 22, 2020 9:21 pm

Looks like a good warm spell coming so I let the range go out. It last got fed a part load of coal yesterday afternoon, Thought it would go out in the night, but and with the warm weather it was still going this afternoon even though it hit 82F here. Finally out by late afternoon.

Paul

xackley

Post by xackley » Fri. May. 22, 2020 9:54 pm

In the finger lakes I shut down 3 days ago. Open the windows in the afternoon, close them early evening. Comfortable.
Don

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 354
Coal Size/Type: nut coal
Other Heating: electric, wood, oil

Post by Hoytman » Sat. May. 23, 2020 9:38 pm

Sunny Boy wrote:
Tue. May. 19, 2020 8:03 am
We did write a "book" about ranges - with lots of pix. It's in this section of the website and up to 166 pages now. It's called the, "Cookin' With Coal" thread. ;)
Cookin' With Coal

Paul
I’ve read through those 160 plus pages before. I guess I can do it again. Just a lot of “cooking” info to sift through that will be nice to go through when the time is right.

I was talking more of a thread about cookstoves, the various models, who made them, various functions of designs, advantages and disadvantages of some models (how they were made), and how well some of them are made...like how thick castings are compared to others and if not that type of info, then simply which stoves were built well, which were not, problems some may have...that sort of info...all in one place...without some of the clutter of a normal thread. Perhaps one with lots of pictures comparing stoves, looking at them torn apart, maintenance, etc.

I re-read the first 6 pages and I’m still trying to see which model stove you had.

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”