Coffee: 12-14-2019

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Sat. Dec. 14, 2019 7:11 am

Mornin'
Raining outside, but the coffee pot is brewin'. Good day to work inside, and enjoy the coffee. Have a good week-end, everyone.
Cheers

Toddburn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 983/ Hitzer 55
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite/pea
Other Heating: Heat pump/forced air

Post by Toddburn » Sat. Dec. 14, 2019 7:27 am

Thanks for starting us off Dfrost. Monsoon here also today. I’m going to do a bit of Christmas shopping today it’s coming fast. Hope everyone has a safe weekend. Here’s a pic of the Hitzer 55 I got hooked up this week.

BostonBob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman DVC500,Alaska Gnome 40
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by BostonBob » Sat. Dec. 14, 2019 7:34 am

Good Morning everyone, been working too much lately so haven’t been on. Rain to snow today, ready for it !!! Gotta clean the stove, and few other projects to do. Enjoy the weekend

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Dec. 14, 2019 8:10 am

Mornin all--thanx D!! WET here on the hill----------Hmmmmm, Christmas shoppin?????????? Now there's a thought!! LOL Enjoy the week-end people. :)

CapeCoaler
Stoker Coal Boiler: want AA130
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine BS#4, Harman MKII, Hitzer 503,...
Coal Size/Type: Pea/Nut/Stove

Post by CapeCoaler » Sat. Dec. 14, 2019 8:26 am

Rain 2-3 inches and 45-50 mph winds forecast today...
Pumps are ready, pea coal is in the hopper and the house is comfy...
Early Christmas present coming for the wife's car...
A full set of winter tires...
Nokia Happa R3...
New job over the Bridge so more miles per day...
Found a sweet deal on the 'net...
People were crazy this week...
Full moon and a Friday the 13th...
10 days before Christmas...

StokerDon
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Gentleman Janitor GJ-5, Van Wert VA-600, Axeman Anderson130 X3.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Harman SF3500 reduced down to 3 grates connected to its own plenum
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut and whatever will fit through the door on the Harman
Other Heating: Noth'in but COAL! Well, Maybe a little tiny bit of wood

Post by StokerDon » Sat. Dec. 14, 2019 8:30 am

Morning all!

Wet, foggy and warm down here today. 45* now, the temperature rose through the night rather than falling. Chores and a little bit of work to do on the 4x4 truck today.

Have a good weekend!

-Don

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Sat. Dec. 14, 2019 9:19 am

Morning people, damp but low chances of rain way down here. Big day at the National Cemetery downtown as The Worcester wreath truck(s) is in town for Wreaths Across America....amazing how that little event has grown. My brother told me the convoy is 6.5 miles long to Arlington.
Enjoy the day,

Kevin

buffalo bob
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 354 and a 254
Coal Size/Type: anthracite nut

Post by buffalo bob » Sat. Dec. 14, 2019 9:58 am

m orning all well wet here and cold ice still in the driveway...354 doing the job well.. gotta soon go tend it 10/10 am/pm...using about a pail and a half day (24 hr) not bad...got new siding on house steel with insulation in back trulog .com looks like a log cabin now, western cedar..can feel the differance..well gotta go time to tend the wonderful 354...army navy game 3 pm cbs go army...B.B.

the snowman
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Jotul 507
Coal Size/Type: Nut, Stove coal, Egg coal

Post by the snowman » Sat. Dec. 14, 2019 9:58 am

Morning all,

Cape Coaler, you have chosen a great winter tire. The Nokian line of winter tires are great performers. I run them on my car and truck. Let us know how they perform for you.

Its amazing, it has stopped raining for a few minutes. More rain on the way which is suppose to turn to snow by Sunday afternoon. Taking it easy today, I do have work to be done in the shop, however, it can wait until tomorrow.

I hope everyone has a safe and productive weekend.

The Snowman.

titleist1

Post by titleist1 » Sat. Dec. 14, 2019 10:04 am

Good Morning....slept in today....two very looong days doing radio / water tank antenna work....and in the rain yesterday too.....i am getting too old for this chit. Raining but high 40's. Some simple chores and fun projects to wrap up inside and in the shop today. I checked the shop stoker this morning and its 75 in there just running on idle timers...i'll have to open up the plastic door to the garage to do a heat dump! :o :lol:

Have a great day!

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Dec. 14, 2019 10:18 am

Wow! It sure has turned into a Total Barfer outside in the N.E.OH.! Good Morning,Coal-Infested Enthusiasts! I keep trudging on,how 'bout You??? Keep it going,all the way to Christmas,Gang!! Yo Yo Yo And Ho Ho Ho!!!

samhill
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage

Post by samhill » Sat. Dec. 14, 2019 10:55 am

Good morning all, your right HB, a little over an hour ago it was 44 & raining & now about a 1/2" of the white stuff. Might just go down & finish getting the coal furnace ready just in case. Didn't think I would be able to handle it this year but starting to feel a bit better now. Hope all are safe & warm.

CoalJockey
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: Several EFM 520 refurbs...one 900, one 1300 mega-stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: (2) Warm Morning Stoves

Post by CoalJockey » Sat. Dec. 14, 2019 12:12 pm

Thanks D-Frost for the coffee!

What a yucky day, just pouring the rain here. Dad hauled in a load of soft coal from near the New York line. My brother and I did a home delivery and I hope aside from loading a few pickup trucks that we are done. This one of those days I think I could curl up on the couch under a blanket and stay.

Somehow this week we managed to spread almost 70 ton of lime on frozen ground... likely more divine providence than good management. Several hundred ton on order to go.

Dad seems to be doing much better, he is back on the road. Thank you all for your nice comments and concerns.

I will leave you with a photo of our two boys, Dolan and Silas in front of our Christmas tree... probably the largest indoors in the Southern Cove. When your ceilings are 11+ feet high, you make use of every inch at Christmas. These two sure are excited!

Attachments

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. Dec. 14, 2019 3:06 pm

D-Frost, thanks for the Jo! I'm here a night, there a night. There's no Internet "there", so I may be late for coffee now & then. Thanks for keeping the pot hot!

Off to a Company Christmas party to night. All expense paid at the new and most expensive place in Bangor... "Timber" by the new civic center. Ought to be fun!

Take care, be safe, hug your loved ones.

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sun. Dec. 15, 2019 6:36 am

Good morning. We are in day #2 of roaring wind, and the forecast is not looking much better. Supposed to keep blowing all week, and be zero by Wednesday morning. No snow here, so at least I won't have to deal with the drifts...but the old EFM is going to have to start doing more than just idling.

Snowman - We recently bought a set of Toyo G3 Ice tires - so far I can't say enough good things about them. The price was more reasonable than the others I checked, and they are much quieter than some of the other snow tires I have run.

285/45R22 - not a lot of options in that size, so I was glad to find something that did not cost an arm and a leg.

Attachments

IMG_20191101_165244360.jpg
.JPG | 390.5KB | IMG_20191101_165244360.jpg
IMG_20191101_165303220.jpg
.JPG | 471.1KB | IMG_20191101_165303220.jpg

Return to “The Coffee House”