WTF Is Going on Here?? 3rd Credit Card Hack This Year!

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Fri. Sep. 12, 2014 3:52 pm

Ive got a credit card thru cabelas as I earn free guns from points built up over years. They have refused to pay for purchases a couple times until they talked to me on my phone to confirm the purchase. Thats fine with me. I havent been hacked yet. I think the gas pumps are becoming unsafe for these things. Better its a credit card then a debit card if they are gonna hack you.

SMITTY
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 Highboy
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Post by SMITTY » Fri. Sep. 12, 2014 3:54 pm

I have the same card - just FYI. ;)

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Fri. Sep. 12, 2014 8:40 pm

Now Im worried, lol. but we can both get free guns :D I can never wait until I have enough points but when it will pay for half I get one. So they are half free.

SMITTY
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 Highboy
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Post by SMITTY » Fri. Sep. 12, 2014 10:30 pm

I've got a stockpile of points myself. Mostly because it's so inconvenient to spend them!

What sucks is, Cabelas will NOT ship anything to MA regarding firearms - even parts of ammunition ... which are basically inanimate objects. It's illegal to buy ammo, or even parts of ammo online in MA - all has to be done at the gun shop. The MA state legislature somehow, moronically, thinks this will prevent gun violence in our urban cesspits ..... but I digress ..... :sick:

My next Cabela's run will be a truck load of fun! :lol:

whistlenut
Stoker Coal Boiler: AA130's,260's, AHS130&260's,EFM900,GJ & V-Wert
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Franks,Itasca 415,Jensen, NYer 130,Van Wert
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska, EFM, Keystoker, Yellow Flame
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska, Keystoker-2,Leisure Line
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Alaska, Gibraltar, Keystone,Vc Vigilant 2
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Ford, Jensen, NYer, Van Wert,
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwoods
Coal Size/Type: Barley, Buck, Rice ,Nut, Stove
Other Heating: Oil HWBB

Post by whistlenut » Sat. Sep. 13, 2014 8:57 am

Smitty, you need a 'little cubby hole' across the border, where men are men, and those light in the loafers don't make all the rules. Joan Rivers said it best.....when 3 people were NOT allowed to attend her funeral. Check it out. Her right to free speech, and she exercised it beyond the grave. She had more 'bag' than all of Washington, DC. lol

whistlenut
Stoker Coal Boiler: AA130's,260's, AHS130&260's,EFM900,GJ & V-Wert
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Franks,Itasca 415,Jensen, NYer 130,Van Wert
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska, EFM, Keystoker, Yellow Flame
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska, Keystoker-2,Leisure Line
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Alaska, Gibraltar, Keystone,Vc Vigilant 2
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Ford, Jensen, NYer, Van Wert,
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwoods
Coal Size/Type: Barley, Buck, Rice ,Nut, Stove
Other Heating: Oil HWBB

Post by whistlenut » Sat. Sep. 13, 2014 8:59 am

Hey, did you eat at Chinese restaurants a lot? That has been infamous in Hanover, NH for years........The REAL tip could cost you tens of thousands.......

hank2
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1400 WH ciculator; 1880's small cannon in reserve
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: small New Yorker oil fired boiler; mostly used for domestic HW

Post by hank2 » Fri. Oct. 31, 2014 1:29 am

Sunny Boy wrote:
cabinover wrote:We've been hit once with CapitalOne and the new card deal. What I want to know is why Capital One wants to update our income for future credit increases. Got an email yesterday saying due to Federal rues it has to be updated. Sounds to me like Big Brother wants to make sure I'm not screwing him over on my income.

Dumbasses, do you really think I'd tell you that I make more money when I pay my card off monthly? You guys (Feds) are more gullible than I thought. :D
I've got a few cards from different banks and credit companies. I have never gotten any request stating there are Fed regs about updating your info. Beware, I think that's a phishing scam mimicking the real Capital One. Or the real Capital One is just BS'ing you.

Paul
I don't doubt that there are phishing emails using Capital One, like every other financial company. However, a few months ago I got a blocking message several times after logging on to my Capital One account. That was exactly what they were attempting to have me do. Update income for a "possible credit limit increase". I had no desire for an increase, so I was able to bypass the message some how. I may have logged off and on again? I also received one email, supposedly from Capital One requesting the same info.
I've been skinned a couple of times. Both where almost certainly from online purchases. No feedback from the bank on where or how. One was likely a bike club's website that was hacked . Another from another state's website when buying non-resident fishing licenses before vacation. One of them I actually got a call from the bank on my cell phone at my job at the time. I don't think I ever had given them that number. They wanted to know if I had just purchased 4 one way airline tickets to Turkey. When I told them I definitely did not do that, they hardly seemed to believe me! All was good and I wasn't obligated for the purchases.
I've gotten two emails some time ago ( phishing) asking me to review my Paypal bank accounts.
They had the look down pretty well. I forwarded both of them to Paypal's spoof department. Got the generic form mail back with promises to leave me know if they were fraudulent. ( they had to be). Never heard from Paypal.
Be safe, hank2

Return to “Money & Finance”