Can Anyone Identify This MorsØ Stove?

Ashokin
Hand Fed Coal Stove: D.S. Machine Circulator 1500, Warm Morning 617-A, Morsø Universal 3227, U.S. Army Space Heater #1/Locke 120, 3-Chubby's
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Hitzer 82FA
Coal Size/Type: Nut, Stove, Pea, mostly Reading and Lehigh
Other Heating: Wood occasionally, Humphrey Radiantfire #31 parlor heater, Radiare Gas Bathroom Heater

Post by Ashokin » Wed. Feb. 20, 2013 10:12 pm

franco b wrote:I think the only way to get satisfactory ash clearing in that stove is to somehow provide a slot at grate level so you can slide a flat poker in there to break up the ash and get it to fall. That little 4 inch shaker wont do the job.
Yes, that's what I'm doing now. Here's a shot of the ash door open. And perhaps I am making something out of nothing, as I have never burned a stove this size nor this shape before. I am just used to stoves that don't require so much poking and prodding. Now that you said that, I would assume that the stove is designed for the operator to have to break up the ash to some degree based on the fact that it has the slots above the ash pan...

Attachments

IMAG0048.jpg
.JPG | 39.3KB | IMAG0048.jpg

dcrane
Verified Business Rep.
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404

Post by dcrane » Thu. Feb. 21, 2013 4:56 am

what in the heck are those open slots at the top of the ashpan door for? This is kinda interesting because another poster having trouble with bridging had this same design in his wood/coal combo unit (i forget the make now). I suspect this was made as a dual fuel unit, but I don't like those openings in the sides of the firebox :cry: Its just not what coal likes! If you ever loose your fire clean it out and take some pics inside and around that stove and we will write a user manual for you ;)

franco b
Site Moderator
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Post by franco b » Thu. Feb. 21, 2013 10:10 am

You have to get under that front grill, not through the slots. the poker has to go just over the grate. That design seems common to European stoves where primary air is allowed to also go through that front grate. Probably helps to burn higher volatile coal and briquets.

Ashokin
Hand Fed Coal Stove: D.S. Machine Circulator 1500, Warm Morning 617-A, Morsø Universal 3227, U.S. Army Space Heater #1/Locke 120, 3-Chubby's
Other Heating: Wood occasionally, Humphrey Radiantfire #31 parlor heater, Radiare Gas Bathroom Heater

Post by Ashokin » Fri. Feb. 22, 2013 6:40 am

[quote="franco b"]You have to get under that front grill, not through the slots. the poker has to go just over the grate.

Hmmm, perhaps that could be part of my problem. I've been poking through the slots, so I'm a bit higher in the fire.

ONEDOLLAR
Verified Business Rep.
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 2014 Chubby Prototype
Coal Size/Type: Nut/Anthracite

Post by ONEDOLLAR » Fri. Feb. 22, 2013 9:13 am

My little Morso Squirrel had the same type of grate in the font and possible the same bottom grate as yours as well.

Though I tried to burn coal in that stove a couple of times I was never very successful. Knowing what I know now I am sure I could do it. Point being? Like Franco said POKE from the bottom. I am willing to bet you will see a big difference in how the stove reacts.

I have also been looking around and I can't find much info on this stove. Though I will keep looking...

franco b
Site Moderator
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Post by franco b » Fri. Feb. 22, 2013 10:09 am

Ashokin wrote:
franco b wrote:You have to get under that front grill, not through the slots. the poker has to go just over the grate.

Hmmm, perhaps that could be part of my problem. I've been poking through the slots, so I'm a bit higher in the fire.
Also the fire will behave badly until you get the bed built up above that front grill.

chubbycoalboy

Post by chubbycoalboy » Fri. Feb. 22, 2013 7:59 pm

Yes it is a morso. I looked it up and found a few up for sale in europe. Sop call or email morso in denmark and they will help you out.

johnfranciskeating
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Morso Universal 3227, Penn Coal Stove, VC Vigilant II
Coal Size/Type: Nuy

Post by johnfranciskeating » Sat. Apr. 05, 2014 10:06 pm

morso universal 3227.jpeg
.JPEG | 117.8KB | morso universal 3227.jpeg
Hi all Here is the picture of the tag missing on the back of your stove

Ashokin

Post by Ashokin » Sun. Apr. 06, 2014 5:23 pm

Wow. Thanks much. I never was able to find out any more info on the stove. Do you have one like it?

northernmainecoal
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 30-95
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald Baseheater #6
Coal Size/Type: Rice/Nut/Stove

Post by northernmainecoal » Mon. Apr. 07, 2014 6:41 am

I did some asking around about the stove and here's what I got for a response

That’s an interesting appliance, It was originally manufactured in 1979 and ceased production 6 years later in 1985.
It was sold as a small cooker, utilising a hotplate under the top cover, and was very popular in Japan. Unfortunately there is no longer a part breakdown or instruction available.

johnfranciskeating
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Morso Universal 3227, Penn Coal Stove, VC Vigilant II
Coal Size/Type: Nuy

Post by johnfranciskeating » Wed. Apr. 09, 2014 5:37 am

Yes... just picked one up its in perfect shape I believe it was used for one season. I also sent the pictures to the Morso rep and they don't know much Denmark sent me back to the us dealer. thanks for your info I am waiting to get that odd metric pipe so hopefully I can fire her up before its 70 degrees around here!!! lol Its my first entry into coal. I am so excited!!!! :D

macattack

Post by macattack » Sat. Mar. 13, 2021 11:53 am

I just picked this stove up and also need help. this is only thing on this stove anywere on the internet. what is this stove really worth. unisersal 3227 model morso 155.Is this that rare?please help

macattack

Post by macattack » Sat. Mar. 13, 2021 12:01 pm

reading this says universal wood or coal. This true?

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Mar. 13, 2021 2:42 pm

Pix M---we need pix! :)

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”