New Coal Product

brookvillecoal

Post by brookvillecoal » Mon. Nov. 07, 2011 1:56 am

Brookville Coal Company is currently producing Anthracite coal briquettes for home heating. We provide quality products at very good prices.

We accept orders from individual bags to full truckloads.......WE EVEN DELIVER TO YOUR DOOR!

If you would like to know more about our product or becoming a dealer, please visit our webste **Broken Link(s) Removed**

Brookville Coal Company
**Broken Link(s) Removed**
Last edited by brookvillecoal on Sat. Apr. 01, 2017 4:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: <removed dead link>

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Mon. Nov. 07, 2011 4:23 am

Wow, sometimes an idea is so old it is new.

Before WWII in Britain gas was mostly made by heating anthracite (and other coals) leaving coke behind which itself was a good heating fuel but hard to light. The industry was so large that it created a lot of dust that nobody knew what to do with until somebody came up with the idea of compressing it into brickettes where it was sold as Phurnacite. As usual the ecolunies did a job on the UK industry and it is now imported from elsewhere but the quality is very variable. Now someone has decided to make the same product from NEPA coal that could be better than phurnacite ever was. Hey could be a great idea and I wish you well. So, claimed BTU per ton and cost???????? I have a 1930 coal AGA in the barn that needs rebuilding and would LOVE that stuff.

http://www.anl.gov/PCS/acsfuel/preprint%20archive ... 3_0934.pdf
Last edited by coalnewbie on Mon. Nov. 07, 2011 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

lsayre
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW), ComfortMax 75

Post by lsayre » Mon. Nov. 07, 2011 6:55 am

Yes, cost, available sizes (grades), and compatibility with classical anthracite over a broad range of applications would be good things for this company to make known to us.

blrman07

Post by blrman07 » Mon. Nov. 07, 2011 7:10 am

What is the cost and does it vary per quantity purchased. From their product section of the website it averages around 9500 BTU per pound vrs 12,000 per pound for clean ant coal. Your losing BTU per pound so what is the advantage other than price in using this product?

lsayre

Post by lsayre » Mon. Nov. 07, 2011 7:20 am

In Linux using either the Firefox or Opera web browser none of their hyperlinks work (or even make themselves known) for me. I can only look at their home page and go no further.

MURDOC1
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark 3 Top Flue

Post by MURDOC1 » Mon. Nov. 07, 2011 7:22 am

lsayre wrote:In Linux using either the Firefox or Opera web browser none of their hyperlinks work for me. I can only look at their home page and go no further.
I had kinda the same problem until I happened to mouse just below the "Home" and "Products" buttons at which point they lit up, I clicked and wham-O!!! Maybe try that?

lsayre

Post by lsayre » Mon. Nov. 07, 2011 7:24 am

MURDOC1 wrote:
lsayre wrote:In Linux using either the Firefox or Opera web browser none of their hyperlinks work for me. I can only look at their home page and go no further.
I had kinda the same problem until I happened to mouse just below the "Home" and "Products" buttons at which point they lit up, I clicked and wham-O!!! Maybe try that?
No luck.

MURDOC1

Post by MURDOC1 » Mon. Nov. 07, 2011 7:29 am

lsayre wrote:
MURDOC1 wrote: I had kinda the same problem until I happened to mouse just below the "Home" and "Products" buttons at which point they lit up, I clicked and wham-O!!! Maybe try that?
No luck.
Here Larry, I help you out, took a screen shot of the entire "Products" page... Either way the issue needs to be fixed, but just so you can see, here goes...
Screen Shot 2011-11-07 at 7.25.47 AM.png

Larry, this is the entire products page

.PNG | 416.8KB | Screen Shot 2011-11-07 at 7.25.47 AM.png

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Mon. Nov. 07, 2011 7:54 am

Mur -- thx for that, I use Chrome and the bottom of the page was lost to me too. So the question is the same as when I go to Walmart - how much???? These days you can't sell a can of beans without cost comparisons being made my consumers. So they do themselves no favors by hiding the price. So guys in large font at the top of the webpage GIVE ME A PRICE and fire your marketing director whilst you are at it. Your product may have merit on many levels and a detailed technical analysis is good. So are retail customers just an after thought - I can understand that one.

McGiever
Stoker Coal Boiler: AXEMAN-ANDERSON 130 "1959"
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: BUCKET A DAY water heater
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning 414A
Coal Size/Type: PEA,NUT,STOVE /ANTHRACITE
Other Heating: Ground Source Heat Pump and some Solar

Post by McGiever » Mon. Nov. 07, 2011 7:59 am

Not shown at their link listed, but they do also produce a fine Lump Charcoal, under the Humphreys label, made from all hardwoods...I have a couple bags and is great for starting Anthracite fires. Some would refer to this as Cowboy Charcoal.

nortcan

Post by nortcan » Mon. Nov. 07, 2011 12:05 pm

coalnewbie wrote:Wow, sometimes an idea is so old it is new.

Before WWII in Britain gas was mostly made by heating anthracite (and other coals) leaving coke behind which itself was a good heating fuel but hard to light. The industry was so large that it created a lot of dust that nobody knew what to do with until somebody came up with the idea of compressing it into brickettes where it was sold as Phurnacite. As usual the ecolunies did a job on the UK industry and it is now imported from elsewhere but the quality is very variable. Now someone has decided to make the same product from NEPA coal that could be better than phurnacite ever was. Hey could be a great idea and I wish you well. So, claimed BTU per ton and cost???????? I have a 1930 coal AGA in the barn that needs rebuilding and would LOVE that stuff.

http://www.anl.gov/PCS/acsfuel/preprint%20archive ... 3_0934.pdf
coalnewbie, thanks for the nice description for the old times products.

Creature Comforts

Post by Creature Comforts » Mon. Nov. 07, 2011 12:17 pm

I just viewed the company's site running Windows, with Chrome and Opera. Both are dead except for the email contact button.

The company may want to add something like: "Our site is best viewed using __________", so people at least know the site is functional with a specific browser(s).

(I just bought some of that Cowboy Coal to use for starter. Now just waiting for the LL to arrive. :D )

blrman07

Post by blrman07 » Mon. Nov. 07, 2011 3:33 pm

I sent an email this morning requesting a price schedule for their product. No reply as of 3:30 this afternoon.

lsayre

Post by lsayre » Mon. Nov. 07, 2011 3:43 pm

I just tried the Chrome web browser under Linux, and it also fails to see any of the hyperlinks sans for the email address.

MURDOC1

Post by MURDOC1 » Mon. Nov. 07, 2011 3:51 pm

Using a Mac OS X Lion version 10.7.2 and Safari browser, no issues other than at first "Home" and "Products" buttons would not come to life when moused over, but have tried it again and worked the second time no problems...

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”