HS Tarm Part Needed.

bds

Post by bds » Wed. Jan. 21, 2009 1:35 pm

My 502 series is in need of a shaker handle shaft. It is the shaft that rotates when the shacker handle is moved...the other end of the shaft is
what engages the first shaker grate to make it move.

I called Bio Heat USA (HS Tarm) and they said they are out-of-stock. They wont have ANY for 6-8 weeks since they come from Denmark and they WILL not put in a small order.... they wait until they have a large order before they plce it. I asked for them to have one shipped and I would pay all charges....Well that didn't work.

SO, does anyone have a source for HS Tarm parts other than Bio Heat USA?

In the mean time, I am going to try to weld on a new "ear" and reinforce the end of it so maybe it wont happen again.
I know it is cast so I am aware of needs to be done in order to weld to it...I just hope it works or I will be burning ALOT of my precious oil.

Thanks,
Brent.

coal berner
Location: Pottsville PA. Schuylkill County PA. The Hart Of Anthracite Coal Country.
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF

Post by coal berner » Wed. Jan. 21, 2009 2:05 pm

bds wrote:My 502 series is in need of a shaker handle shaft. It is the shaft that rotates when the shacker handle is moved...the other end of the shaft is
what engages the first shaker grate to make it move.

I called Bio Heat USA (HS Tarm) and they said they are out-of-stock. They wont have ANY for 6-8 weeks since they come from Denmark and they WILL not put in a small order.... they wait until they have a large order before they plce it. I asked for them to have one shipped and I would pay all charges....Well that didn't work.

SO, does anyone have a source for HS Tarm parts other than Bio Heat USA?

In the mean time, I am going to try to weld on a new "ear" and reinforce the end of it so maybe it wont happen again.
I know it is cast so I am aware of needs to be done in order to weld to it...I just hope it works or I will be burning ALOT of my precious oil.

Thanks,
Brent.
Don't know if any of these Places have what your looking for.
But you can call and ask if you do not see what your looking for good luck.

http://www.woodmanspartsplus.com/68/catalogs/Wood ... rence.html

http://www.hearthstove.com/catalog.html

coaledsweat
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by coaledsweat » Wed. Jan. 21, 2009 7:27 pm

bds wrote:SO, does anyone have a source for HS Tarm parts other than Bio Heat USA?
If you are looking for coal parts for a TARM, I think you will be out of luck with stocking dealers but you can try the Preston Trading Post in CT.
It should be very easy to fabricate a replacement shaft. I think your biggest problem would be if it's diameter is metric you would need to turn some larger stock down in a lathe.

If yours has an oil gun, check the baffle the oil gun shoots at. They are known to disappear and one fix is a refractory target in front of the baffle.

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Boilers Using Anthracite”