Insulating Boiler

Robby

Post by Robby » Sat. Jan. 17, 2009 10:12 pm

I built a small building to house Harman SF360 outside my home. Keeps the mess out of house. The question: can anyone think of a reason that I cannot insulate with fiberglass between boiler and outside sheet metal.

Robby

coalmeister

Post by coalmeister » Sun. Jan. 18, 2009 8:32 am

I insulated my Harman boiler, I put the yellow stuff on the inside and bubble wrap on the outside

coaledsweat
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by coaledsweat » Sun. Jan. 18, 2009 10:06 am

Robby wrote:I built a small building to house Harman SF360 outside my home. Keeps the mess out of house. The question: can anyone think of a reason that I cannot insulate with fiberglass between boiler and outside sheet metal.
Fiberglass is what is used commercially, I would shy away from bubble wrap though.

Robby

Post by Robby » Sun. Jan. 18, 2009 9:30 pm

Thanks, I will give it a whirl. I want to mount two pumps, 1 for boiler to storage tank and 1 for soalr panels mounted on top of building boiler is in. Both of the pumps call for ambiant temp of no more than 120F. Now, if boiler running hard, it does get to that kind of temperatures in building. I have a thermostatic shutter, but keeping the heat in the boiler also seems a good plan.

Thanks,

Robby

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Boilers Using Anthracite”