If you are in need of a more conventional heating solution that requires no power look no further. Unlike an automated stoker boiler these units do not require power to generate heat. They can be set up wiith pumps like a typical boiler or a gravity fed sytem insuring heat during power failures. Models include many New Yorker coal boilers, EFM WCB-24 and others. Some of these units can also burn wood.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Verified Business Rep.
- Posts: 2063
- Joined: Mon. Nov. 19, 2007 9:33 pm
- Hand Fed Coal Boiler: 1981 efm wcb-24 in use 365 days a year
- Coal Size/Type: Anthracite/Chestnut
- Other Heating: Hearthstone wood stove
- Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
There is a good possibility that the hand-fired wood/coal boiler, not produced for many years, which is what I use to keep my house at 75* all winter, will be re-made, re-designed and available by late Summer.
- Posts: 2597
- Joined: Tue. Jan. 08, 2008 9:51 pm
- Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520, 700, Van Wert 800 GJ 61,53
- Baseburners & Antiques: Magic Stewart 16, times 2!
- Coal Size/Type: Lots of buck
- Other Heating: Slant Fin electric boiler backup
- Location: Malta N.Y.
What's the anticipated cost? Scott
I think a man does what he can, untill his destiny is revealed. Right now that is trying to sell my EFM plate boilers in 520 and 700 sizes.