YES MY JENSON LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE YOURS I APPRECIATE ANY PICE YOU COULD SEND
THANKS

JAMESPOY

Post by JAMESPOY » Wed. Dec. 31, 2008 11:18 am

HI MY E-MAIL ADRESS IS [email protected]
THANKS AGAIN

compass will

Post by compass will » Sun. Jan. 18, 2009 11:46 am

USStove has some parts. Last year my neighbor bought new grates for his 24, he ordered me a complete set of replacement fire brick. (I had a couple that were cracked). Blower and electronic parts can be found in Granger or places like that.

I have had mine running 14 years with no problem accept a couple cracked bricks. I have mine hooked up with an "A" coil of an AC/Heat pump mounted on top of it.
Then I have a separate oil burner for backup.
I use a honeywell Vision pro thermostat with external temp pickup to run everything.
If I am on heatpump or AC, the Jenson blower runs for the air flow.
When it drops below 20 deg (this can be set on the Honeywell), the system switches over to oil. Once the temps come back up to 25, it switches back to heat pump.
If I want to run the Jenson with wood or coal, I just switch the Honeywell to emergency heat and the airbox feed blower on the jenson is controlled by the Honeywell.

The reason I bought the honeywell vision pro is the directions say "if your running on emergency heat, and the inside temps drop, the thermostat will switch over to what ever is on the Aux ports (oil heat). But this feature don't work. I went around and around with the Honeywell engineers, until I finally got them to try it in the lap. They agreed "your right, it don't work" but never offered to fix it.

So I just put a cheep thermostat as a backup in a closet for the oil heater. I set it at 62. If the Jenson wood/coal fire goes out and temps hit 62, the cheep thermostat turns on the oil heat. (plus it's a good backup in case something happens to the Honeywell.)

I also wired a relay into the Jenson so if the air blower on the jenson is running, the backup thermostat line to the oil burner is opened. This helps to limit the amount of time both blowers can run at the same time. When they do both run there is a lot of air coming out of the ducts! I fear that the jenson has more air flow then the oil burner and if the oil kept burning while jenson is blowing air the oil heater might get to hot. This interlock takes care of that problem.

Mjheil67

Post by Mjheil67 » Thu. Oct. 08, 2009 9:42 am

It's nice to find other people that have Jenson wood/coal boilers. Mine looks like the pictures in this forum. I also just started messing with coal. I use anthrasite nut coal. I have the barametric damper installed but I don't use the blower in the back of the stove. I like to keep my water around 140F and it circulates in my finished basement then when the thermastats call for heat up stairs the water flows to those rooms. My blower does not have a flap to shut the air off when the blower is off and I think it would draft to much so I have the blower off and a rag shoved in the fins of the blower to restrict air flow. Is this wrong, should I find a way to use the blower. Maybe if I had all zones off and some how put the dump zone in my garage. Could you share how you have yours zoned

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Boilers Using Anthracite”