SF Harmon Wood/Coal Boiler

wilder11354
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Harman SF260 Boiler
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
Coal Size/Type: nut or pea, anthracite
Other Heating: crown oil boiler, backup.if needed

Post by wilder11354 » Sun. Dec. 30, 2012 9:03 am

clayhunter wrote:your boiler looks just like mine except When my father in law (before he his alzheimer's disease worsened) installed it, he decided for what ever reason to not install the Aquastat controls, or the barometric draft in the flue pipe, I did find some of the parts in a box, and plan on buying the barometric draft, like I said I knew it need something. By the way, I am a she not a he, lol, and with all the help that everyone is giving me I think I can get this done.
hopefully the box has the 3 JC relay/control boxes, aquastat well, aquastat bulb, mount rails for JC parts,draft control servo motor and mount bracket for it. you will need a 120V powe line to power up the controller setup. I have my power line with a switch in it, so it can be turned off during non heating season.
to be a bit more help full will need to know what controls water flow to zone(s) in house. zone valves? circultor pumps with back flow valves? etc. pictures of plumbing where of controls would help.theres DEFINITELY one item thats need to be wired in, A DUMP ZONE in case boiler ever over fires, gets excessively to hot. theres 2 ways to do it, either a 24v circuit using exsisting zonevalve, circulator relay, or 120V to a circullator thats dedicated to a radiant heat output thats not normally used. 24v is easiest to wire and setup, plus costs less.

clayhunter

Post by clayhunter » Mon. Dec. 31, 2012 2:32 pm

these are the parts that I have found so far

Attachments

furnace1.JPG
.JPG | 122KB | furnace1.JPG

wilder11354

Post by wilder11354 » Mon. Dec. 31, 2012 4:08 pm

looks like your missing the A350 contoller box. It will have a little knob on top half of front face with temp range markings(90*>250*) around it. And I don't see aquastat bulb for the brass well that you have. Stainless steel Bulb will have a gray covering with 2 white wires within it, coming out of one end the bulb . Gray lead wire will be about 10" long.

Do you have or have you downloaded the intallation/owners manual from Harmans website yet? This will help you a whole lot to install these parts.

If you need to you can email me at [email protected], send phone# and I can call and explain some what you need to do and a few things that you need to note, before you start drilling holles in side cover to mount controller mount rail.

ok?
Last edited by wilder11354 on Mon. Dec. 31, 2012 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dennis
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: AHS/WOC55-multi-fuel/wood,oil,coal
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite/stove size

Post by Dennis » Mon. Dec. 31, 2012 5:01 pm

wilder11354 wrote:Do you have or have you downloaded the intallation/owners manual from Harmans website yet? This will help you a whole lot to install these parts.
I posted it earlier,but here it is again http://hearthnhome.com/downloads/installManuals/S ... _SF360.pdf

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Mon. Dec. 31, 2012 7:25 pm

Strange, why would it be missing the temp control? They look like new.

Kevin

wilder11354

Post by wilder11354 » Mon. Dec. 31, 2012 7:49 pm

KLook wrote:Strange, why would it be missing the temp control? They look like new.

Kevin
good question... hopefully its just misplaced. If not there available for around $100 new, give or take a few.

clayhunter

Post by clayhunter » Mon. Dec. 31, 2012 8:22 pm

this is what was in the box of things I found in the basement I will keep looking and see if I can find more yes I did download the manual and thank you

wilder11354

Post by wilder11354 » Wed. Jan. 09, 2013 8:16 pm

Really curious how your doing with the boiler? anything at all being done?

Jaeger

Post by Jaeger » Fri. Jan. 25, 2013 4:59 pm

Great advice from all on here. I really thank my lucky stars you can turn to guys to help figure the coal "learning curve" out.

Once you get the auto draft and baro damper in you should be good to go.

Keep us updated.

Jaeger

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Boilers Using Anthracite”