New Boiler Temps

macdabs
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS 260
Coal Size/Type: Pea
Other Heating: Pellet,oil

Post by macdabs » Thu. Mar. 24, 2011 11:23 am

I thought they would stand behind the Samson valve and chain . They charged me $132.00 , If I wanted to try the air vent blower kit , that was another $230.00. Now on the domestic coil leaking they did tell me to crank it as hard as I could and goop it good ,wrap it with teflon also. They also said they are prone to leak when the boiler is not up to temp. and they are right. I did that twice. No fun moving a 1200lb boiler away from the wall. I added additional SS stack, purchased a digital manometer documented all readings, purchased coal three other dealers. What more can I say. I want to finish my boiler room and block up the sides for my bathroom in this new building before summer is here!
I have yet to hear any one praise the performance of the DS boiler or show me documentation of the BTU output or recovery of the unit. Heck I have not even seen a installation or operation manual . I have searched the web ,talk to people and have spent more $$$ than I paid for the boiler. I always say if you throw enough money and time on something it will work. I think I may be wrong on this one. I do not want to say the boiler may not work for someone, heck I gotta sell it. :roll:

Mac

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Thu. Mar. 24, 2011 12:08 pm

I do not want to say the boiler may not work for someone, heck I gotta sell it. :roll:
Right, but you at least need to say that it didn't work for you. Have you asked the dealer to take the boiler back? If they refuse, I would tell them you next step is a lawyer. You bought an appliance advertised to burn hard nut coal, and the dealer was unable to get it to perform as advertised.

Sting
Other Heating: OBSO Lennox Pulse "Air Scorcher" burning NG

Post by Sting » Thu. Mar. 24, 2011 12:55 pm

AS you posted above some place earlier

The Salesman said it would work

So ask him to make good on his claim

or :shock:

BTW - have I suggested in the past that some salesman are less than forthright?

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Boilers Using Anthracite”