4 posts • Page 1 of 1
- New Member
- Posts: 18
- Joined: Mon. Mar. 14, 2016 7:14 am
- Hand Fed Coal Boiler: buderus
I currently have a budrus installed. Issue is the flue collector cracked. Currently its at the shop. Guy claims in can be fixed. Someone local to me is selling a 08 harman sf-260. Is the harman better then the budrus or about the same?
- Posts: 9531
- Joined: Sun. May. 02, 2010 11:26 pm
- Location: Junction of PA-OH-WV
- Stoker Coal Boiler: AXEMAN-ANDERSON 130 "1959"
- Hand Fed Coal Boiler: BUCKET A DAY water heater
- Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning 414A
- Coal Size/Type: RICE,PEA,NUT,STOVE /ANTHRACITE and EGG / BIT
- Other Heating: Ground Source Heat Pump and some Solar
“Buderus” Cast iron boiler mfgr.
- Posts: 937
- Joined: Thu. Nov. 27, 2014 8:55 pm
- Location: Athol Massachusetts
- Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Kast Console II
- Hand Fed Coal Stove: Coal Chubby
- Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood 30 "Estate" Warm Morning 120
- Coal Size/Type: Sherman Anthracite Nut/Stove from C&T Coal
- Other Heating: Peerless Boiler with Cast Iron Baseboards
I'm no expert. Not sure what particular buderus you have. I looked at one on Marketplace. Looked like tending was a pain. Id say the Harmon unit is probably better for Anthracite.