When You Hear AHS? (Please Explain Your Choice)

Forum rules
ATTN Business owners: You may advertise your companies coal related products and services for free in this section of the forum. Use the "Contact Admin" link at the bottom of any page or send a private message to Richard S. to become a "Verified Business Rep" so you can start new topics here.

Also note you are encouraged to respond to topics started by other members in other forums about your business. You may also start topics in other forums about your products if they are informational. As an example if you are a manufacturer of coal boilers you may start a topic in the boiler section on how to service it.

When you hear AHS what do you think?

Would Love to own one of their units, they are a solid company
73%
I hear good things but they aren't for me
18%
Wouldn't take one as a gift
9%

Total votes: 45

PatrickAHS

Post by PatrickAHS » Thu. Feb. 05, 2009 4:35 pm

What do you think? Why?

PLEASE EXPLAIN YOUR VOTE

This can be based on experience or simply what you have heard.

PatrickAHS

Post by PatrickAHS » Thu. Feb. 05, 2009 5:42 pm

So no one has heard of AHS?

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Thu. Feb. 05, 2009 5:49 pm

not until I started burning coal and hanging out here.... :)

PatrickAHS

Post by PatrickAHS » Thu. Feb. 05, 2009 6:20 pm

So based on that, what is your opinion? (I guess my question wasn't worded well enough.

cArNaGe

Post by cArNaGe » Thu. Feb. 05, 2009 7:00 pm

Solid preforming coal boiler taken from eshland boilers which have been around for years. I've also heard good things via the net of your wood glasification boilers and multi fuel units.

PatrickAHS

Post by PatrickAHS » Thu. Feb. 05, 2009 7:20 pm

cArNaGe wrote:Solid preforming coal boiler taken from eshland boilers which have been around for years. I've also heard good things via the net of your wood glasification boilers and multi fuel units.
Technically not "taken". Same guys different name. Pretty Much

SuperBeetle
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark II
Coal Size/Type: Pea, Nut, & Stove Anthracite

Post by SuperBeetle » Thu. Feb. 05, 2009 7:22 pm

I think of boilers. Don't know too much about AHS because I have no need for a boiler in my home.

PatrickAHS

Post by PatrickAHS » Thu. Feb. 05, 2009 7:30 pm

SuperBeetle wrote:I think of boilers. Don't know too much about AHS because I have no need for a boiler in my home.
Good answer. haha. That will change.

MINO

Post by MINO » Thu. Feb. 05, 2009 7:32 pm

i didnt know about them until a trip to the forum! I would buy yes! my area is primarly an efm and keystoker area and the amout of gentlemen janitors in my town is amazing??? never heard of any instllers in the past though(dealers my dad could remember) did get to see one up close and personal at marks supply in shenanadoah!!

PatrickAHS

Post by PatrickAHS » Thu. Feb. 05, 2009 7:43 pm

How about an explanation? Or is our competition lurking in the shadows?

whistlenut
Stoker Coal Boiler: AA130's,260's, AHS130&260's,EFM900,GJ & V-Wert
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Franks,Itasca 415,Jensen, NYer 130,Van Wert
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska, EFM, Keystoker, Yellow Flame
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska, Keystoker-2,Leisure Line
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Alaska, Gibraltar, Keystone,Vc Vigilant 2
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Ford, Jensen, NYer, Van Wert,
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwoods
Coal Size/Type: Barley, Buck, Rice ,Nut, Stove
Other Heating: Oil HWBB

Post by whistlenut » Thu. Feb. 05, 2009 8:06 pm

Found out about Eshland back in the early 80's with a ES 250 Gassification boiler in a mountaintop location in NH. The beast heated 7000sq ft easily and NO creosote. I knew nothing of gassification at that time, but later saw an ES 180 gasification boiler in the 10,000 sq ft Nichols Hardware Bldg in Lyme, NH. It is still there, hooked up, used when needed.
By the way, Nichol's is Tarm USA and one of the oldest wood, coal, gas stove and boiler distributors in the East. They now have a Tarm Pellet boiler heating the building, not because anything is wrong with the 180, just a new demo product.

Anyway, from there I looked over the multifuel AHS boiler and was favorably impressed again. Then I looked at an AHS 130 and a 260 and liked what I saw. I called AHS directly just to ask a few questions and was greeted by the President of the company who was extremely helpful and invited me to visit when in the area. Can you teach an 'old dawg' new tricks? Yup.

I think AHS could use the motto: "Change occurs when someone sees the next step." They saw it, did something about it and run their business 'straight up'. What you see is what you get, no BS, no hog-tails, no phony delivery dates and they update their products without notice, not to make it cheaper, but to make it better. Would I buy one? I just did two weeks ago.

PatrickAHS

Post by PatrickAHS » Thu. Feb. 05, 2009 8:29 pm

Wow, that about says it all.

We are just glad to be able to see folks educated about us and satisfied with their unit.

whistlenut
Stoker Coal Boiler: AA130's,260's, AHS130&260's,EFM900,GJ & V-Wert
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Franks,Itasca 415,Jensen, NYer 130,Van Wert
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska, EFM, Keystoker, Yellow Flame
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska, Keystoker-2,Leisure Line
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Alaska, Gibraltar, Keystone,Vc Vigilant 2
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Ford, Jensen, NYer, Van Wert,
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwoods
Coal Size/Type: Barley, Buck, Rice ,Nut, Stove
Other Heating: Oil HWBB

Post by whistlenut » Thu. Feb. 05, 2009 8:47 pm

Patrick: I have heard of many Waste Oil boilers made by AHS paying back the entire investment in less that 2 years. Here's a NEWS FLASH: It can't get any better than that unless it were FREE! 10 year old units working flawlessly....now that is something to put your name on! Two years ago I went on the search for a Waste Oil Boiler that was dependable and long lasting. The search didn't start at AHS; I got all the glitzy literature, demo CD's, talked to owners of other products, talked to service people....then ended up at AHS.
When owners of other products told me they wouldn't recommend XYZ company to an ex-wife, I really got nervous.
Anyway, my friend has been enjoying his 'free heat' burning the used oil from his construction equipment,cars and trucks.

Kenbod

Post by Kenbod » Thu. Feb. 05, 2009 8:50 pm

AHS?

Prior to finding the forum, never heard of AHS. My dealer has been selling several hundred units a year for the last several years- Keystoker, Alaska, Hitzer, etc. They even have an open house with reps every year. Never saw AHS or even heard of 'em. If AHS is a good company, it deserves better marketing.

brckwlt

Post by brckwlt » Thu. Feb. 05, 2009 9:24 pm

I have never herd of ahs till I found the forums. I wouldn't of found the forums if I hadn't bought a 3,000 sq ft house in central pa. we got our first heating bill for 22 unoccupied days with the heat set at 50 - 55. the avg daily temp 24 degrees. we use natural gas. the bill was 483 dollars. :mad: My father in law and my grandfather in law both burn coal. they have stoves not boilers as I am interested in. when I am at their houses the heat is always above 75 and they say it doesn't cost them much money at all to do so. so I quickly looked up coal boilers on the internet and ahs was one of the first links I found. Needless to say I was impressed with what I saw from the start. I checked out other companies who sell boilers but ahs has always seemed to me to be of the best quality. Also their reps are very patient and quick to respond via email and the forums. I do not own an ahs boiler yet but I will be purchasing one spring/summer of 09. there is no way I will continue to pay outrageous natural gas prices. that is a joke. freeze my ass off or keep the house hot for half the price. that isnt to hard of a decision. bottom line is any member Ive spoke with has had only good things to say about the ahs-130 and their reps. what more could you want. Thank you all for the very insightful forum.

Return to “Sales Announcements & Other Information From Business's”