AHS Customer Experience Poll (EVEN IF YOU DON"T OWN ONE)

Forum rules
ATTN Business owners: You may advertise your companies coal related products and services for free in this section of the forum. Use the "Contact Admin" link at the bottom of any page or send a private message to Richard S. to become a "Verified Business Rep" so you can start new topics here.

Also note you are encouraged to respond to topics started by other members in other forums about your business. You may also start topics in other forums about your products if they are informational. As an example if you are a manufacturer of coal boilers you may start a topic in the boiler section on how to service it.

How would you rate your experience with AHS?

Loved it!!
42%
Liked it
38%
Just another company
11%
Bad Experience
2%
Would advise others to stay away!
7%

Total votes: 45

PatrickAHS

Post by PatrickAHS » Thu. Feb. 05, 2009 3:16 pm

How would you rate your overall experience dealing with AHS? Any dealings with AHS.

This is for all dealings with AHS. Whether or not you own one of our units.

Please note if you do own a unit and what type it is if you do.

Also note why you voted the way you did.

PatrickAHS

Post by PatrickAHS » Thu. Feb. 05, 2009 7:44 pm

Explanation of choice? Or is the competition in here as well?

brckwlt

Post by brckwlt » Thu. Feb. 05, 2009 9:54 pm

Dealing with ahs has been a pleasure. very understanding and fast to respond to emails. cant wait to purchase a boiler from your co.

AdkCoal

Post by AdkCoal » Fri. Feb. 06, 2009 9:58 am

Many years ago, my family purchased an Eshland Wood Gun. The boiler rotted through in about 5 years and the welder we hired to repair it stated that the materials used to manufacture it were sub-standard.

Having said that, I hear nothing but praise for your current stuff.
Last edited by AdkCoal on Fri. Feb. 06, 2009 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Fri. Feb. 06, 2009 12:02 pm

I talked with AHS a couple of times on the phone. They were honest, knowledgeable, and pleasant. My friend bought an AHS, they gave him a delivery date & were actually a week or so early.

Matthaus

Post by Matthaus » Fri. Feb. 06, 2009 9:05 pm

Now what yellow bellied SOB is posting negative votes without the courage to fess up to why!? :P

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. Feb. 07, 2009 7:22 am

Matthaus wrote:Now what yellow bellied SOB is posting negative votes without the courage to fess up to why!? :P
It wasn't really negative, it was "Advise others to keep away" You see, maybe it's in the hope that he(she) can get theirs faster. :) If they could have expanded on it, it would have said "Advise others to keep away until I get mine". :)

Matthaus

Post by Matthaus » Sat. Feb. 07, 2009 8:10 am

Freddy wrote:snip.... it would have said "Advise others to keep away until I get mine". :)
Still a YB SOB! :lol:

whistlenut
Stoker Coal Boiler: AA130's,260's, AHS130&260's,EFM900,GJ & V-Wert
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Franks,Itasca 415,Jensen, NYer 130,Van Wert
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska, EFM, Keystoker, Yellow Flame
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska, Keystoker-2,Leisure Line
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Alaska, Gibraltar, Keystone,Vc Vigilant 2
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Ford, Jensen, NYer, Van Wert,
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwoods
Coal Size/Type: Barley, Buck, Rice ,Nut, Stove
Other Heating: Oil HWBB

Post by whistlenut » Sat. Feb. 07, 2009 8:15 am

I concur with the YB SOB. Either you have 'a pair' or not. Cheap shot. It is your absolute right to have an opinion, but we all have heard: "Opinions are like A**holes, everyone got one."

George
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Cast Consol 3 w/ coaltrol

Post by George » Tue. Feb. 10, 2009 8:45 am

A few years ago my wife and I took a ride out to look at a coal gun. I like the design of the boiler and the units are built like a tank. I think they are an efficient unit, and I like the fact there is only a five inch stack connection. Can't remember who I talked with, but he gave me the tour of the shop fabricating area and answered all of my questions. When talking about maintenance of the boiler, he even pointed out the most common problem areas which would not be a concern for a long time in the life of the unit. AHS takes pride in their workmanship.
The only reason that I did not buy it then was I have never used coal before and I was concerned about finding coal locally and mostly disposal of ash where I live. Found out that the ash disposal is no problem, a can get coal 20 miles from where I work. The Bride is happy with the stoker stove we purchased, but I would be happier with a boiler that would take care of my DHW also. Maybe some day.
George :)

rlh48

Post by rlh48 » Tue. Feb. 10, 2009 11:08 am

My experience with AHS when I picked up my boiler was great. I was lost in the hills down there and called them and was soon on the right road. ( they do need a bigger sign). Very helpful showing how it works and very helpful when loading it. But to all who might order one and pick it up(AHS 130), it comes all together and weights 900 lbs. Glad I have a drive in cellar!!
I love the boiler, can not believe how easy it is to take care of. And heats the house and DHW with no problem.

Rich. :lol:

efo141

Post by efo141 » Tue. Feb. 10, 2009 12:54 pm

I have heard good things about the AHS-130 and the AA-130 but it would not work for me because it was too big. Have you thought of building a 90k-100k stoker unit?
Ed

PatrickAHS

Post by PatrickAHS » Tue. Feb. 10, 2009 3:23 pm

rlh48 wrote:My experience with AHS when I picked up my boiler was great. I was lost in the hills down there and called them and was soon on the right road. ( they do need a bigger sign). Very helpful showing how it works and very helpful when loading it. But to all who might order one and pick it up(AHS 130), it comes all together and weights 900 lbs. Glad I have a drive in cellar!!
I love the boiler, can not believe how easy it is to take care of. And heats the house and DHW with no problem.

Rich. :lol:
It can be shipped in two pieces

PatrickAHS

Post by PatrickAHS » Tue. Feb. 10, 2009 3:24 pm

efo141 wrote:I have heard good things about the AHS-130 and the AA-130 but it would not work for me because it was too big. Have you thought of building a 90k-100k stoker unit?
Ed
Indeed we have and I would say maybe one day.

jhish

Post by jhish » Sat. Feb. 14, 2009 3:33 pm

Just like to say that AHS was great. I bought my S-130 two years ago. The owner was traveling in my direction for other interests and actually delivered it to my house personally. His wife and children were with him as well. They were a wonderful family and Jeff was very professional. Since it's installation, Jeff has helped me with minor tweeking and building my own feed auger. The boiler runs great and I'm gald I bought AHS.

Return to “Sales Announcements & Other Information From Business's”