AHS Boiler Poll

Forum rules
ATTN Business owners: You may advertise your companies coal related products and services for free in this section of the forum. Use the "Contact Admin" link at the bottom of any page or send a private message to Richard S. to become a "Verified Business Rep" so you can start new topics here.

Also note you are encouraged to respond to topics started by other members in other forums about your business. You may also start topics in other forums about your products if they are informational. As an example if you are a manufacturer of coal boilers you may start a topic in the boiler section on how to service it.

How pleased are you with your AHS boiler?

Very Pleased
56%
Pleased
31%
Indifferent
No votes
Displeased
6%
Very Displeased
6%

Total votes: 16

PatrickAHS

Post by PatrickAHS » Thu. Feb. 05, 2009 3:10 pm

How satisfied are you with your AHS boiler?

Please leave boiler type, age, and why you voted the way you did.

Note: This poll is regarding the boiler itself, not AHS as a company. That will be a different poll.

steamup
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman-Anderson AA-130, Keystoker K-6
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: HS Tarm 502 Wood/Coal/Oil
Coal Size/Type: pea, buck, rice

Post by steamup » Fri. Feb. 06, 2009 8:16 am

I voted for my Dad who has a e180 wood burner made from stainless. He has had that unit for 6 years now. He had a plain steel unit for 17 years before that and only replaced it to ensure reliability late into his retirement. Solid unit, great performer. He burns about 35 face cord a year heating his 3500 sq ft house.

Yanche
Stoker Coal Boiler: Alternate Heating Systems S-130
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Pea

Post by Yanche » Fri. Feb. 06, 2009 8:56 am

I bought my AHS S-130 in May of 2004. I found the AHS company via an Internet search for coal boilers. I visited AHS with my wife prior to purchase to actually see what a "coal gun" was. Jeff the owner, gave us a tour and showed us the cut-away boiler. I have to admit I didn't really understand how it burn coal but could see it was well made. My second trip was to pickup my boiler. I self installed the boiler with no problems. It's a good product and I highly recommend it.

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Fri. Feb. 06, 2009 12:05 pm

I voted for my friend. He's happy as a clam at high tide with his AHS130. More than once he has expressed to me how he's surprised at how little attention it takes to keep it running. Other than adding a bags of coal as needed and emptying the ashes every couple of days, he hasn't touched it since day one.

Paulie

Post by Paulie » Fri. Feb. 06, 2009 3:19 pm

Wrong thread

Pa papa
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS-130
Coal Size/Type: Pea; anthracite
Other Heating: oil fired boiler; LP insert

Post by Pa papa » Thu. Dec. 09, 2010 8:47 pm

A co-worker who had been burning anthracite for years in a hand fired stove sparked my interest the first year I dished out $2400 for fuel oil a few winters ago. He told me some day he wanted to install an anthracite boiler to heat the whole house and said it will be an AHS-130. No other choices.He gave me an endless amount of reasons why he thought it was the Cadillac of boilers.l I played 50 questions with him for months. Finally I convinced mom that we needed to go look at this AHS coal boiler, but C-O-A-L was a four letter word to my wife and she tried her best short of divorcing me to avoid the "go ahead". :mad: I think she just got tired of me bringing up the subject 24/7 that broke her down.
We made the 100 mile trip for a first look together and in the spring I was hauling a new AHS-130 up the road to Clarion. :D
I spent all summer plumbing her in and every time the wife look out at me, she just shut the door and shake her head.
Well let me tell you tonight it's -1 degree outside and 73 inside and we've got never ending hot water! She now preaches to EVERYONE. This house has never been so cozy as it is running this AHS-130. I'm not sure now who likes it more, me or her. It is even better than I expected actually. We both just love it.

Return to “Sales Announcements & Other Information From Business's”