Where Should I Take the Roadshow?

Forum rules
ATTN Business owners: You may advertise your companies coal related products and services for free in this section of the forum. Use the "Contact Admin" link at the bottom of any page or send a private message to Richard S. to become a "Verified Business Rep" so you can start new topics here.

Also note you are encouraged to respond to topics started by other members in other forums about your business. You may also start topics in other forums about your products if they are informational. As an example if you are a manufacturer of coal boilers you may start a topic in the boiler section on how to service it.

PatrickAHS

Post by PatrickAHS » Wed. Jan. 07, 2009 10:30 pm

I am trying to decide where I should be going to show our products. Would like your input on shows you know of, or any place that folks would be interested in seeing the solid fuel options that are out there.

cArNaGe

Post by cArNaGe » Wed. Jan. 07, 2009 11:34 pm

Set up right beside those outdoorwood boilers at county fairs. Definatly the Bloomsburg Fair. Luzerne County, Wyoming County and Harford fairs.

coal berner
Location: Pottsville PA. Schuylkill County PA. The Hart Of Anthracite Coal Country.
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF

Post by coal berner » Wed. Jan. 07, 2009 11:41 pm

cArNaGe wrote:Set up right beside those outdoorwood boilers at county fairs. Definatly the Bloomsburg Fair. Luzerne County, Wyoming County and Harford fairs.
Don't forget York fair Hershey and the Harrisburg Farmshow Beside those outdoor smoke houses I mean woodboiler would be a perfect local .

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Thu. Jan. 08, 2009 5:47 am

If you feel like a drive to Maine, In late Sept is the "Common Ground Fair" in Unity. They thrive on alternate energy and self sustaining life. All the pellet stove people are there.

http://www.mofga.org/TheFair/tabid/135/Default.aspx Look under “energy & shelter”, they even mention coal. They do say they prefer Maine made things, but out of staters welcome if Maine does not supply the product. I know some of the people that go are real tree huggers and will scoff at coal, but others, well, when it comes to heating, price is king!

Hollyfeld

Post by Hollyfeld » Thu. Jan. 08, 2009 6:16 am

I recommend coming to Sussex County this year to the state fair. **Broken Link(s) Removed**

Last year there was a few alternate energy/heat source vendors there - Geothermal, Solar, and some woodburning stoves, etc. I don't recall one about coal, but I was walking around grinning knowing that I had a coal boiler on order.
Last edited by Hollyfeld on Sat. Apr. 01, 2017 1:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: <removed dead link>

crazy4coal

Post by crazy4coal » Thu. Jan. 08, 2009 6:30 am

The New Jersey state fair just outside Branchville N.J draws around 18,000 people and runs for a week.( New Jersey State Fair .com) or just over the river outside of Bangor Pa. there is a steam engine club that runs a small fair (Jacktown.com) The wood boiler guys set up at both, but with the talk of banning them in towns and townships around here folks are going to look for something else to keep warm

Patch
Coal Size/Type: 2.5 ton of rice with no stove
Other Heating: Wood Pellet

Post by Patch » Thu. Jan. 08, 2009 8:19 am

Ag Progress Days at Penn State
http://apd.psu.edu/

August, outside, lots of equipment. Last year there was a Garn and Eko gasifiers. No coal burners.

John

shapps1313

Post by shapps1313 » Thu. Jan. 08, 2009 6:24 pm

Also check out the Nittany Antique Mach. Assoc. shows at Penns Cave. Lots of antique mach. there and a huge flea market with all kinds of vendors. Check out their website ,www.nittanyantique.org for more info. There is also the Centre County Grange Fair and Encampment. Huge vendor area,I have no other info on this one.
Bill

jpen1
Stoker Coal Boiler: LL110
Coal Size/Type: Rice/ Buck

Post by jpen1 » Thu. Jan. 08, 2009 7:04 pm

Definitely the Bloomsburg fair and the York fair they are the two largest fairs in PA. The builders show at the farmshow complex in Harrisburg. I think that is usually in March. At the Bloomsburg fair all the other brands except for AHS and AA are represented plus about 4 or 5 different wood boiler outfits.

billw

Post by billw » Thu. Jan. 08, 2009 8:15 pm

They have a PA Home and Garden show in Wilkes-Barre at the Wachovia Arena. That might be a good place to show your wares. People in this area are accustomed to coal heat. We all grew up with it. I can't tell you how many times I've been asked how my new heating system runs.

**Broken Link(s) Removed**

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Thu. Jan. 08, 2009 8:54 pm

cArNaGe wrote:Wyoming County.
I don't know how it compares to the others but there is a tremendous amount of people within a 50 mile radius of this one that already burn coal. The costs for delivery are not that great and there is plenty of dealers that provide service in that area because they are quite close to the Wyoming Valley. This is a more of a "country" fair that attracts a lot of people that would be in the demographic that would interested in coal burning appliances.

U235a4

Post by U235a4 » Thu. Jan. 08, 2009 10:33 pm

Shippensburg fair in Shippensburg PA around july timeframe
and the franklin county fair....I forget the time frame

danzig

Post by danzig » Fri. Jan. 09, 2009 3:43 pm

Indiana County, Westmoreland County, and Fayette County fairs. These areas will be a good area to display your multi-fuel line.

Flyer5
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Post by Flyer5 » Fri. Jan. 09, 2009 6:21 pm

Definitly the Hartford fair in Hartford PA . Bloomsburg Fair , and possibly Wyoming Co. Fair.

mr1precision
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman-Anderson AA-130

Post by mr1precision » Fri. Jan. 09, 2009 10:39 pm

Check out the Big E in Springfield Massatwosheetts. Thats a good one for that sort of thing.
Good luck!!!

Return to “Sales Announcements & Other Information From Business's”