Ask Matt From Lehigh Anthracite Coal

Forum rules
ATTN Business owners: You may advertise your companies coal related products and services for free in this section of the forum. Use the "Contact Admin" link at the bottom of any page or send a private message to Richard S. to become a "Verified Business Rep" so you can start new topics here.

Also note you are encouraged to respond to topics started by other members in other forums about your business. You may also start topics in other forums about your products if they are informational. As an example if you are a manufacturer of coal boilers you may start a topic in the boiler section on how to service it.

waytomany?s
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark II
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Looking
Baseburners & Antiques: Looking
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: newmac wood/coal combo furnace

Post by waytomany?s » Sun. Jun. 19, 2022 11:28 am

Lightning wrote:
Sun. Jun. 19, 2022 9:46 am
Point made.. I'll rescind my prior post. But I'm still upset that it seems like our country has become a hollow shell of what it used to be manufacturing wise...
and now we're sending our natural resources out at the expense of us by driving up prices.

But this probably isn't the proper thread to vent, so sorry about that.. carry on ;)
Joking right? You can't seriously believe that statement. Do you really believe Lehigh is just in business to sell us coal? They made an investment to make money. There's not enough demand here for coal for heating,etc to keep them alive. They have been exporting it forever. Do they have larger orders now, certainly. Why would they not ship to anyone who orders it? The price was going up no matter who buys it or where it's delivered. We have the choice where to purchase it, they have the right to set the price and sell where they wish. You want to bitch about the price? Have at it. Don't blame them for trying to survive in a world where governments are trying to destroy their people with foolish policies and wars.

Lightning
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Modified AA 130
Coal Size/Type: Pea Size - Anthracite

Post by Lightning » Sun. Jun. 19, 2022 6:19 pm

waytomany?s wrote:
Sun. Jun. 19, 2022 11:28 am
Joking right? You can't seriously believe that statement.
Well I don't know.. Is it just an uncanny coincidence that there's an energy crisis on the other side of the world and coal goes up to $450? Where's the protection for our domestic markets? I guess that's the government's fault. You probably know more about it than I do, since I don't know very much. Hense I stressed my "narrow perspective" of things. I'm here to learn, so please do tell.

waytomany?s

Post by waytomany?s » Sun. Jun. 19, 2022 9:25 pm

The entire world is in an energy crisis. Bought diesel or gas lately? I would say this administration is greatly to blame. For our energy crisis. Why do we need protection for a domestic market? Is Lehigh the only coal supplier stateside? Is the market decimated? No one has said they can't get coal. You yourself have said you found it at a reasonable price. My point is they can set the price at whatever point the like. If it is to high and no one buys it, they will lower it to survive. Or tread water.

Lightning
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Modified AA 130
Coal Size/Type: Pea Size - Anthracite

Post by Lightning » Sun. Jun. 19, 2022 9:49 pm

Well I guess time will tell when we see how availability is this fall.

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Mon. Jun. 20, 2022 6:15 am

Gentlemen,in the end,I just love being a small fish in a huge barrel! Governmental Constraints and Worldwide Market Forces have been shaping this Local Small Fish Mess for some time. We Work Like Hell To Help Each Other Out Here. That Will Never Change. Courtesy of this,the Mayor's "Tiny Town" as I've referred to it in Da' Past,We have a place to put Our Collective Heads Together to make a Difference. We help Our Older Guys and those Less Fortunate by Financial Circumstance Survive! Hell,We're All Survivors and Independent Souls Here! As Our Resident Good Friend And Coffee House Proprietor Freddy Always Says:"Forward We Go" Well,With That Said,Let's "Ram It Home,Together"!! It's truly what We Do Best!

LehighanthraciteMatt
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning
Coal Size/Type: Rice,Buck, and Nut

Post by LehighanthraciteMatt » Tue. Jun. 21, 2022 6:37 pm

The Old Company Lehigh went bankrupt, we owe it to our owners who made a huge investment to reopen that mine not to allow it to happen to them.

russocw75
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Russo CW 75
Other Heating: Oil Hot Water

Post by russocw75 » Wed. Jun. 22, 2022 6:01 am

LehighanthraciteMatt wrote:
Tue. Jun. 21, 2022 6:37 pm
The Old Company Lehigh went bankrupt, we owe it to our owners who made a huge investment to reopen that mine not to allow it to happen to them.
Re-opening also required you would offer coal to the local retail community and not simply extract and sell coal to large commercial customers, to include exporting. What better way to eliminate retail than to raise the price to a level no one is willing to buy it? Why should we suffer for the bad decisions made by the rest of the world?

LehighanthraciteMatt
Verified Business Rep.

Post by LehighanthraciteMatt » Wed. Jun. 22, 2022 6:18 am

russocw75 wrote:
Wed. Jun. 22, 2022 6:01 am
Re-opening also required you would offer coal to the local retail community and not simply extract and sell coal to large commercial customers, to include exporting. What better way to eliminate retail than to raise the price to a level no one is willing to buy it? Why should we suffer for the bad decisions made by the rest of the world?
We are not required to sell at a loss to the local community. We are still offering our product to the local community. We have exported coal and sold coal to large commercial customers since the company was founded and even before the new company EVERY year of existence. Home heating simply does not purchase near the amount coal any Anthracite company produces.

waytomany?s

Post by waytomany?s » Wed. Jun. 22, 2022 9:47 am

LehighanthraciteMatt wrote:
Wed. Jun. 22, 2022 6:18 am
We are not required to sell at a loss to the local community. We are still offering our product to the local community. We have exported coal and sold coal to large commercial customers since the company was founded and even before the new company EVERY year of existence. Home heating simply does not purchase near the amount coal any Anthracite company produces.
It is the way business works. It is also an unfortunate price increase at a bad time.

McGiever
Stoker Coal Boiler: AXEMAN-ANDERSON 130 "1959"
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: BUCKET A DAY water heater
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning 414A
Coal Size/Type: PEA,NUT,STOVE /ANTHRACITE
Other Heating: Ground Source Heat Pump and some Solar

Post by McGiever » Wed. Jun. 22, 2022 10:02 pm

Unfortunate to still be the best priced fuel out there…we might just be too used to a good thing!?!?
Nobody is supposed to be fine with price increase but most other energy users don’t have a forum to come to and whine and find somewhere to lay blame about it.

waytomany?s

Post by waytomany?s » Thu. Jun. 23, 2022 7:00 am

McGiever wrote:
Wed. Jun. 22, 2022 10:02 pm
Unfortunate to still be the best priced fuel out there…we might just be too used to a good thing!?!?
Nobody is supposed to be fine with price increase but most other energy users don’t have a forum to come to and whine and find somewhere to lay blame about it.
Exactly.

anthony7812
Stoker Coal Boiler: VanWert VA 400
Coal Size/Type: Buck/Anthracite

Post by anthony7812 » Thu. Jun. 23, 2022 9:04 am

My largest concern with this price increase is why aren’t all suppliers making this large of an increase ? I’m in oil and gas so I get the blame game but end of day it’s a commodity and you have expenses. We made sure along time ago at least our expenses are covered and the commodity index drives the profit. Sometimes no profit but we don’t lose. This seems like a huge gouge of a price hike. Jeddo I was told was about 200 a ton less, blaschak was maybe upper 200’s. Lehigh your at the 400$ mark! Seems a bit much. But it’s your business and my freedom to choose.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Thu. Jun. 23, 2022 9:08 am

INDEED A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LehighanthraciteMatt
Verified Business Rep.

Post by LehighanthraciteMatt » Thu. Jun. 23, 2022 9:55 am

anthony7812 wrote:
Thu. Jun. 23, 2022 9:04 am
My largest concern with this price increase is why aren’t all suppliers making this large of an increase ? I’m in oil and gas so I get the blame game but end of day it’s a commodity and you have expenses. We made sure along time ago at least our expenses are covered and the commodity index drives the profit. Sometimes no profit but we don’t lose. This seems like a huge gouge of a price hike. Jeddo I was told was about 200 a ton less, blaschak was maybe upper 200’s. Lehigh your at the 400$ mark! Seems a bit much. But it’s your business and my freedom to choose.
Not everyone in the industry has the same cost structure. Some companies don’t even have mining costs. Others may have locked in materials they use at lower cost. There are many other factors that affect cost of goods sold. I will say if we didn’t raise price and closed the doors there would be one less choice and even bigger supply shortage in the industry. Use the provided calculator on this site, even at $450 per ton it’s a bargain to other heat sources.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Thu. Jun. 23, 2022 10:04 am

M, did ya ever hear of a "gradual increase"??????????? I just picked up 2 ton of BLASCHAK bulk for $305.00 per ton

Return to “Sales Announcements & Other Information From Business's”