Ask Matt From Lehigh Anthracite Coal

Forum rules
ATTN Business owners: You may advertise your companies coal related products and services for free in this section of the forum. Use the "Contact Admin" link at the bottom of any page or send a private message to Richard S. to become a "Verified Business Rep" so you can start new topics here.

Also note you are encouraged to respond to topics started by other members in other forums about your business. You may also start topics in other forums about your products if they are informational. As an example if you are a manufacturer of coal boilers you may start a topic in the boiler section on how to service it.
Post Reply
 
LehighanthraciteMatt
Verified Business Rep.
Posts: 714
Joined: Thu. Sep. 29, 2016 1:02 pm
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning
Coal Size/Type: Rice,Buck, and Nut

Post by LehighanthraciteMatt » Fri. Sep. 30, 2016 6:38 am

Hi, my name is Matt, I work for Lehigh Anthracite. If you ever have any questions feel free to message me here or call me at 570-621-8871


 
User avatar
SWPaDon
Member
Posts: 9857
Joined: Sun. Nov. 24, 2013 12:05 pm
Location: Southwest Pa.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 1600M
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous
Other Heating: Oil furnace

Post by SWPaDon » Fri. Sep. 30, 2016 10:02 am

Hi Matt, welcome to the forum.

Is Lehigh selling coal to Tractor Supply Company that they in turn are rebranding into TSC bags?

 
LehighanthraciteMatt
Verified Business Rep.
Posts: 714
Joined: Thu. Sep. 29, 2016 1:02 pm
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning
Coal Size/Type: Rice,Buck, and Nut

Post by LehighanthraciteMatt » Fri. Sep. 30, 2016 10:21 am

No, we did sell some coal to tractor supply in our brand bags.

And thank your for having me :D

 
User avatar
SWPaDon
Member
Posts: 9857
Joined: Sun. Nov. 24, 2013 12:05 pm
Location: Southwest Pa.
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 1600M
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous
Other Heating: Oil furnace

Post by SWPaDon » Fri. Sep. 30, 2016 10:23 am

Thank you for the answer.

 
LehighanthraciteMatt
Verified Business Rep.
Posts: 714
Joined: Thu. Sep. 29, 2016 1:02 pm
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning
Coal Size/Type: Rice,Buck, and Nut

Post by LehighanthraciteMatt » Fri. Sep. 30, 2016 10:34 am

Your welcome

 
User avatar
dtzackus
Member
Posts: 288
Joined: Tue. Jul. 08, 2008 6:36 pm
Location: Schuylkill County, PA
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Gibraltar LCC

Post by dtzackus » Fri. Sep. 30, 2016 1:02 pm

I saw your bagged coal at the Saint Clair Tractor Supply Company this morning.

Unless we flood out, I plan on coming up and getting 2 ton of the nut size coal tomorrow.

Free coffee and donuts again?

lol Dan

 
LehighanthraciteMatt
Verified Business Rep.
Posts: 714
Joined: Thu. Sep. 29, 2016 1:02 pm
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning
Coal Size/Type: Rice,Buck, and Nut

Post by LehighanthraciteMatt » Fri. Sep. 30, 2016 1:05 pm

dtzackus wrote:I saw your bagged coal at the Saint Clair Tractor Supply Company this morning.

Unless we flood out, I plan on coming up and getting 2 ton of the nut size coal tomorrow.

Free coffee and donuts again?

lol Dan
LOL I don't know, our superintendent is in Vegas and he usually handles that, but I will be working in the retail facility tomorrow, I look forward to seeing you !


 
User avatar
warminmn
Member
Posts: 6649
Joined: Tue. Feb. 08, 2011 5:59 pm
Location: Land of 11,842 lakes
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, soft
Other Heating: anything that will burn with the least work needed

Post by warminmn » Fri. Sep. 30, 2016 1:10 pm

Do you have plans to distribute your bagged coal further than the coal mine region? I ask because your bagged coal seems to be about the cheapest high quality coal that is bagged and I live 1000 miles away. TSC isnt carrying in all the stores here and im betting will be done in this region after this year now that they arent selling a name brand. Other than TSC, bagged Blaschak is available locally and thats it, $300/ton.

 
KingCoal
Member
Posts: 4605
Joined: Wed. Apr. 03, 2013 1:24 pm
Location: Elkhart county, IN.
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 1 comforter stove works all iron coal box stove, seventies.
Baseburners & Antiques: 2014 DTS C17 Base Burner, GW #6, GW 113 formerly Sir Williams, maybe others at Pauliewog’s I’ve forgotten about
Coal Size/Type: Nut Anth.
Other Heating: none

Post by KingCoal » Fri. Sep. 30, 2016 1:21 pm

warminmn wrote:Do you have plans to distribute your bagged coal further than the coal mine region? I ask because your bagged coal seems to be about the cheapest high quality coal that is bagged and I live 1000 miles away. TSC isnt carrying in all the stores here and im betting will be done in this region after this year now that they arent selling a name brand. Other than TSC, bagged Blaschak is available locally and thats it, $300/ton.
they could sell mountains of nut and stove here in northern indiana if they could set up even one dealer. I know alot of people who have been burning coal since the early 80's and sorely miss Lehigh coal

steve

 
LehighanthraciteMatt
Verified Business Rep.
Posts: 714
Joined: Thu. Sep. 29, 2016 1:02 pm
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning
Coal Size/Type: Rice,Buck, and Nut

Post by LehighanthraciteMatt » Fri. Sep. 30, 2016 1:37 pm

KingCoal wrote:
warminmn wrote:Do you have plans to distribute your bagged coal further than the coal mine region? I ask because your bagged coal seems to be about the cheapest high quality coal that is bagged and I live 1000 miles away. TSC isnt carrying in all the stores here and im betting will be done in this region after this year now that they arent selling a name brand. Other than TSC, bagged Blaschak is available locally and thats it, $300/ton.
they could sell mountains of nut and stove here in northern indiana if they could set up even one dealer. I know alot of people who have been burning coal since the early 80's and sorely miss Lehigh coal

steve
You should go to your dealers and specifically request it, that's the fastest way to get them to consider it

 
LehighanthraciteMatt
Verified Business Rep.
Posts: 714
Joined: Thu. Sep. 29, 2016 1:02 pm
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning
Coal Size/Type: Rice,Buck, and Nut

Post by LehighanthraciteMatt » Fri. Sep. 30, 2016 1:43 pm

I gave quotes to a few dealers in Indiana in the past few days, maybe we will get some out there.

 
User avatar
warminmn
Member
Posts: 6649
Joined: Tue. Feb. 08, 2011 5:59 pm
Location: Land of 11,842 lakes
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, soft
Other Heating: anything that will burn with the least work needed

Post by warminmn » Fri. Sep. 30, 2016 6:03 pm

If you get any dealers in Iowa, MN, or Wisconsin let me know please. Im in the corner by all 3 states.

 
User avatar
coal stoker
Member
Posts: 355
Joined: Tue. Feb. 17, 2015 5:07 pm
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 EFM DF520
Coal Size/Type: Rice/Anthracite
Other Heating: oil fired boiler

Post by coal stoker » Fri. Sep. 30, 2016 6:37 pm

Hey Matt,
Great to hear from you.
This will be my second year burning Lehigh Rice
This coal has given no problems, even burning all through the summer in New York we saw temps. as high as 90+.
Just got a 20 ton delivery and it looks great, and by that I will assume it as good as the 10 ton from last year.
Great coal keep up the good work
CS

 
KingCoal
Member
Posts: 4605
Joined: Wed. Apr. 03, 2013 1:24 pm
Location: Elkhart county, IN.
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 1 comforter stove works all iron coal box stove, seventies.
Baseburners & Antiques: 2014 DTS C17 Base Burner, GW #6, GW 113 formerly Sir Williams, maybe others at Pauliewog’s I’ve forgotten about
Coal Size/Type: Nut Anth.
Other Heating: none

Post by KingCoal » Fri. Sep. 30, 2016 6:58 pm

LehighanthraciteMatt wrote:I gave quotes to a few dealers in Indiana in the past few days, maybe we will get some out there.
Matt, what area would that be ? if I didn't pay the full trucking on my next 20 ton i'd be thrilled

thanks,
steve

 
LehighanthraciteMatt
Verified Business Rep.
Posts: 714
Joined: Thu. Sep. 29, 2016 1:02 pm
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning
Coal Size/Type: Rice,Buck, and Nut

Post by LehighanthraciteMatt » Sat. Oct. 01, 2016 5:34 am

KingCoal wrote:
LehighanthraciteMatt wrote:I gave quotes to a few dealers in Indiana in the past few days, maybe we will get some out there.
Matt, what area would that be ? if I didn't pay the full trucking on my next 20 ton i'd be thrilled

thanks,
steve
If I land the dealers I will let you know, but as I said before the easiest way to get dealers to carry our coal is customers request it. many carry what they carry because they think that is what the customer wants.


Post Reply

Return to “Sales Announcements & Other Information From Business's”