Ask Matt From Lehigh Anthracite Coal

Forum rules
ATTN Business owners: You may advertise your companies coal related products and services for free in this section of the forum. Use the "Contact Admin" link at the bottom of any page or send a private message to Richard S. to become a "Verified Business Rep" so you can start new topics here.

Also note you are encouraged to respond to topics started by other members in other forums about your business. You may also start topics in other forums about your products if they are informational. As an example if you are a manufacturer of coal boilers you may start a topic in the boiler section on how to service it.

pyro29
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Coal Chubby w/Blower
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Stove / Nut

Post by pyro29 » Thu. Oct. 06, 2016 10:58 am

LehighanthraciteMatt wrote:
joeq wrote:BTE in CT is one of my suppliers, mostly Santa coal. Wonder if I can coax them into some Lehigh "stove" coal?
Call him, im sure he would get it for you...
I just called, they said ther were only doing rice, pea, and nut, no chance for stove... :(

McGiever
Stoker Coal Boiler: AXEMAN-ANDERSON 130 "1959"
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: BUCKET A DAY water heater
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning 414A
Coal Size/Type: PEA,NUT,STOVE /ANTHRACITE
Other Heating: Ground Source Heat Pump and some Solar

Post by McGiever » Thu. Oct. 06, 2016 12:22 pm

LehighanthraciteMatt wrote:
joeq wrote:BTE in CT is one of my suppliers, mostly Santa coal. Wonder if I can coax them into some Lehigh "stove" coal?
Call him, im sure he would get it for you...
Hi joeq,
Matt is saying that your local guy would/could get you some pallets of Stove Coal in with his order to Lehigh. You may need to make the necessary early arrangements and even prepay sometime before his order is being placed to Lehigh...but do not expect him to guess if he may or maybe not want to carry some amount of Stove Coal for a customer or two that happened to ask about it...he wants no risk of being stuck with Stove Coal without a buyer. :)

pyro29
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Coal Chubby w/Blower
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #8
Coal Size/Type: Stove / Nut

Post by pyro29 » Thu. Oct. 06, 2016 1:12 pm

I did ask this same dealer about stove coal last year too. You're right, in that there us a risk in ordering it in without knowing if it will sell, however, I would have taken I found and offered to get some if they were going to place another order.

McGiever
Stoker Coal Boiler: AXEMAN-ANDERSON 130 "1959"
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: BUCKET A DAY water heater
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning 414A
Coal Size/Type: PEA,NUT,STOVE /ANTHRACITE
Other Heating: Ground Source Heat Pump and some Solar

Post by McGiever » Thu. Oct. 06, 2016 1:18 pm

Prepay before dealer puts in his order = No Risk for the dealer. ;)

scalabro
Baseburners & Antiques: Crawford 40, PP Stewart No. 14, Abendroth Bros "Record 40"
Coal Size/Type: Stove / Anthracite.
Other Heating: Oil fired, forced hot air.

Post by scalabro » Thu. Oct. 06, 2016 1:36 pm

I've tried for three years to get L.A. Bagged stove size locally.
It's IMPOSSIBLE.
The ONLY way I can get it is to buy a TT load of it through Coopersburg Bagging.
That does not look good either as I can't get people to agree on logistics.
I've also begged all the local "Santa Claus" retailers to buy some bagged direct from L.A.
They won't switch, period.
I've even gone so far as to offer to pay more to ALL the local suppliers for it, just so I could try it for a season.
IMHO L. A. Is missing out on the home heating market by not aggressively going after the bagged market.

LehighanthraciteMatt
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning
Coal Size/Type: Rice,Buck, and Nut

Post by LehighanthraciteMatt » Thu. Oct. 06, 2016 2:49 pm

scalabro wrote:I've tried for three years to get L.A. Bagged stove size locally.
It's IMPOSSIBLE.
The ONLY way I can get it is to buy a TT load of it through Coopersburg Bagging.
That does not look good either as I can't get people to agree on logistics.
I've also begged all the local "Santa Claus" retailers to buy some bagged direct from L.A.
They won't switch, period.
I've even gone so far as to offer to pay more to ALL the local suppliers for it, just so I could try it for a season.
IMHO L. A. Is missing out on the home heating market by not aggressively going after the bagged market.
We are going aggressively after the bagged market, its just going to take time for the dealers to put their trust in us if they have been with someone a long time...

LehighanthraciteMatt
Verified Business Rep.

Post by LehighanthraciteMatt » Thu. Oct. 06, 2016 2:52 pm

LehighanthraciteMatt wrote:Places who have taken shipment of our bagged coal to sell retail to date:
Marzens Hardware, Lehighton, Pa
Horseheads Do It Best, Horseheads, NY
Shawn Stokley, Ilion, NY
Dutile and Sons Laconia, NH
Dutchman stoves, Fort Plain, Ny
Ray Forker, Montour Falls, NY
Roger Gable, Middleton, MI
Fegley Oil Company, Tamaqua, PA
New Milford Hardware, New Milford, PA
Burn Time Enterprises in Bristol CT will take a load of rice and a load of nut next week
New Dealer:
General Property Maintenance in Clinton, NY will be taking an order of bagged rice from us tomorrow

joeq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: G111, Southard Robertson

Post by joeq » Thu. Oct. 06, 2016 4:17 pm

McGiever wrote:Prepay before dealer puts in his order = No Risk for the dealer. ;)
Makes sense to me. I tried all day to get a hold of BTE, but their phone was "busy?" all day. (4 tries, at different times.)
But Scott says he's been trying for some time, to no avail. I know BTE specifically carries Santa coal, but if enuff of us called requesting Lehigh, maybe they'll take a hint. I'll try again tomorrow to get a hold of an agent, and present it to them. I wonder if they have a stipulation in their contract with Blaschac that prevent them from selling competitors products? I do know a few years ago, I was able to purchase some "Contractors" coal, (bagged), from Burn Time and I liked it. but they only had it that 1 season.

LehighanthraciteMatt
Verified Business Rep.

Post by LehighanthraciteMatt » Thu. Oct. 06, 2016 7:57 pm

joeq wrote:
McGiever wrote:Prepay before dealer puts in his order = No Risk for the dealer. ;)
Makes sense to me. I tried all day to get a hold of BTE, but their phone was "busy?" all day. (4 tries, at different times.)
But Scott says he's been trying for some time, to no avail. I know BTE specifically carries Santa coal, but if enuff of us called requesting Lehigh, maybe they'll take a hint. I'll try again tomorrow to get a hold of an agent, and present it to them. I wonder if they have a stipulation in their contract with Blaschac that prevent them from selling competitors products? I do know a few years ago, I was able to purchase some "Contractors" coal, (bagged), from Burn Time and I liked it. but they only had it that 1 season.
Burn Time is getting Lehigh, they took a load of Rice today, and a load of Nut will be delivered Monday.......

scalabro
Baseburners & Antiques: Crawford 40, PP Stewart No. 14, Abendroth Bros "Record 40"
Coal Size/Type: Stove / Anthracite.
Other Heating: Oil fired, forced hot air.

Post by scalabro » Thu. Oct. 06, 2016 8:15 pm

Do us antique guys a favor then and ask them to stock stove size or better yet
ask them to be receptive to folks who want to order pallets of stove size.

LehighanthraciteMatt
Verified Business Rep.

Post by LehighanthraciteMatt » Thu. Oct. 06, 2016 8:45 pm

scalabro wrote:Do us antique guys a favor then and ask them to stock stove size or better yet
ask them to be receptive to folks who want to order pallets of stove size.
There was a good suggestion above, you should call them and tell them how many pallets you want. They can order them with one of their other orders, I don't think they will do it without prepayment as I am sure they do not want to be stuck with it...

joeq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: G111, Southard Robertson

Post by joeq » Thu. Oct. 06, 2016 11:13 pm

I tried calling all day Matt, and couldn't get through. so I Emailed them earlier, and asked that exact question. "how many pre-paid customers will it take, to "also" deliver stove, along with their rice and pea order". In the past, I've emailed them with other questions, and they have responded. We'll see what they say tomorrow. I'll try calling again.

cArNaGe

Post by cArNaGe » Fri. Oct. 07, 2016 2:31 am

LehighanthraciteMatt wrote:Hi, my name is Matt, I work for Lehigh Anthracite. If you ever have any questions feel free to message me here or call me at 570-621-8871
Mmmm Lehigh

Attachments

image.jpeg
.JPEG | 205.2KB | image.jpeg

LehighanthraciteMatt
Verified Business Rep.

Post by LehighanthraciteMatt » Fri. Oct. 07, 2016 3:21 am

Very NIce!

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Fri. Oct. 07, 2016 6:06 am

I got my first TT load of Lehigh in 2008. 4 more loads since then, no complaints.

Return to “Sales Announcements & Other Information From Business's”