Chubby Lay A Way Plan... Your Suggestions and Input

Forum Rules
ATTN Business owners: You may advertise your companies coal related products and services for free in this section of the forum. Use the "Contact Admin" link at the bottom of any page or send a private message to Richard S. to become a "Verified Business Rep" so you can start new topics here.

Also note you are encouraged to respond to topics started by other members in other forums about your business. You may also start topics in other forums about your products if they are informational. As an example if you are a manufacturer of coal boilers you may start a topic in the boiler section on how to service it.
User avatar
BrotherDave
Member
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed. Jan. 05, 2011 12:50 pm
Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF3000
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Godin 3727 / King KCC205
Stove/Furnace Make: King/Godin/Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: KCC205/3727/VF3000
Location: Stroudsburg, PA

Post By: BrotherDave » Fri. Apr. 10, 2015 2:04 pm

On my second month too! Can't wait to move the Godin to the garage.


User avatar
ONEDOLLAR
Verified Business Rep.
Posts: 1865
Joined: Thu. Dec. 01, 2011 6:09 pm
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 2014 Chubby Prototype
Coal Size/Type: Nut/Anthracite
Location: Sooner Country Oklahoma
Contact:

Post By: ONEDOLLAR » Mon. Apr. 13, 2015 9:01 am

FB & BD THANK YOU for choosing our "Lay A Way" plan. It has been a GREAT success and we are looking at ways to expand and continue this unique plan in the future. :D

User avatar
ONEDOLLAR
Verified Business Rep.
Posts: 1865
Joined: Thu. Dec. 01, 2011 6:09 pm
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 2014 Chubby Prototype
Coal Size/Type: Nut/Anthracite
Location: Sooner Country Oklahoma
Contact:

Post By: ONEDOLLAR » Sat. May. 09, 2015 5:04 pm

Just a follow up on the Chubby Lay A Way Plan.

We are happy to report that one of the first people to take advantage of this program has paid his new Chubby off in full and will be taking delivery of his BRAND NEW TOP VENT BLOWER Chubby next week!

If anyone is ready to make the move and put a Chubby on a 6 month Lay A Way plan now is a GREAT TIME to do it. :idea: In 6 months it will be October and the start of the Fall season. A time when many if not most start to need some heat in the house. This time frame will also allow plenty of time to plan your chimney and hearth as well. If needed of course.

Thank you again to everyone for your help and input! :D

User avatar
Rockcrusher45
Member
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed. Feb. 05, 2014 7:34 am
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Coal Stove
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Location: N. Middleboro, Ma

Post By: Rockcrusher45 » Sat. May. 23, 2015 5:49 pm

Lay away plan.."Just pay $100 and if you cancel your order you get the deposit back?
a very loose way to run your business.... I think for the sake of Chubby, allowing people a layaway option is quite honorable...but offering a deposit back if they chose not to pursue it is not in the best interest of the companies overhead..whats next..try it our for 90 days if you don't like it send it back we'll pay for the shipping and keep the ginsu as out gift..LOL

User avatar
ONEDOLLAR
Verified Business Rep.
Posts: 1865
Joined: Thu. Dec. 01, 2011 6:09 pm
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 2014 Chubby Prototype
Coal Size/Type: Nut/Anthracite
Location: Sooner Country Oklahoma
Contact:

Post By: ONEDOLLAR » Sat. May. 23, 2015 6:05 pm

Rockcrusher45 wrote:whats next..try it our for 90 days
As a matter of fact we have been working on a "Try it before you buy it" plan. As far as we know (if things pan out) it will be a FIRST for a Stove Manufacture to do. We have seen a Stove store do something similar but not a manufacture. It is a BRAVE new world out there and WE ARE EMBRACING it with open arms and open minds.

The simple issue is we "get it". LIFE HAPPENS and situations can arise in which a family will need some extra cash. This is "Old School" Lay A Way and there is nothing really Chubby Stove LLC has to lose in doing it and we have everything the gain from the success of the plan. In fact NO ONE has cancelled their Lay A Way order and more than one has paid their new Chubby off early. But if the need should arise, we will be happy to refund a Lay A Way plan participant their monies. :D

coalfan
Member
Posts: 1668
Joined: Tue. Mar. 12, 2013 3:00 pm
Hand Fed Coal Stove: handfed coal stove
Coal Size/Type: nut/ pea ant.some bit.
Stove/Furnace Model: ds circulator/1500 sl/wh.
Location: NW ohio

Post By: coalfan » Sat. May. 23, 2015 9:01 pm

amazing /trust and a kind gesture all in one /something thats very .,very hard to come by now a days ,very well done and good luck with the new thoughts !!!!

User avatar
SWPaDon
Member
Posts: 9947
Joined: Sun. Nov. 24, 2013 12:05 pm
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 1600M
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous
Other Heating: Oil furnace
Location: Southwest Pa.

Post By: SWPaDon » Sat. May. 23, 2015 9:25 pm

ONEDOLLAR wrote:
Rockcrusher45 wrote:whats next..try it our for 90 days
As a matter of fact we have been working on a "Try it before you buy it" plan. As far as we know (if things pan out) it will be a FIRST for a Stove Manufacture to do. We have seen a Stove store do something similar but not a manufacture. It is a BRAVE new world out there and WE ARE EMBRACING it with open arms and open minds.

The simple issue is we "get it". LIFE HAPPENS and situations can arise in which a family will need some extra cash. This is "Old School" Lay A Way and there is nothing really Chubby Stove LLC has to lose in doing it and we have everything the gain from the success of the plan. In fact NO ONE has cancelled their Lay A Way order and more than one has paid their new Chubby off early. But if the need should arise, we will be happy to refund a Lay A Way plan participant their monies. :D
I'm not real crazy about the 'try it before you buy it plan'. That I think could lead to too many problems for the company.

With that said, I do like your layaway plan, the only loss there is about 2 minutes of clerical time.

User avatar
Formulabruce
Member
Posts: 240
Joined: Sat. Feb. 02, 2013 8:02 pm
Hand Fed Coal Stove: CHUBBY owner!, Thanks Larry Trainer
Coal Size/Type: Nut and Stove size
Other Heating: Blower from a gas furnace if I need to move air, no heat
Location: in the "Shire" ( New Hamp -shire)

Post By: Formulabruce » Sun. May. 24, 2015 1:55 am

It was 33 here last night with 20 mph winds. ( Wind chills -- cold) Had to move my whole raised garden back into the garage ( second time this month, thankfully its all on plastic pallets)
Last "Wintah" was a memory I will NOT soon forget.
Chubby Lay away isnt like something you "might want". Heat you need.
We also need the 17% humidity, I hate that the humidity in the house went up into the 40-48% range when the Chubby was shut down. ( Live in a river valley with high water table).
So Motivation to pay off and OWN ( my second) Chubby IS High... Lay-away is for adults, who simply like Good efficient heat.
1,500 sq ft house built in 1862 and the Chubby and a summer blower switch on furnace blower did the trick.
It was a pleasure to call the nat gas company and tell them that we are OFF the "winter heat rate". Not One once was used for heat, and we have a 95% efficient furnace.
Actually looking forward to making the "Pilgrimage" down to grab the new one!!
Winter usage was 27.5 lbs a day avg , Roughly $5 bucks a day ( Blashak) vs WEAK nat gas at $ 11.00/day . That savings alone pays for a lot of Chubby!!


User avatar
davidmcbeth3
Member
Posts: 5568
Joined: Sun. Jun. 14, 2009 2:31 pm
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra
Stove/Furnace Make: Hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: 503

Post By: davidmcbeth3 » Sun. May. 24, 2015 3:13 am

Formulabruce wrote:It was 33 here last night with 20 mph winds. ( Wind chills -- cold) Had to move my whole raised garden back into the garage ( second time this month, thankfully its all on plastic pallets)
Last "Wintah" was a memory I will NOT soon forget.
Chubby Lay away isnt like something you "might want". Heat you need.
We also need the 17% humidity, I hate that the humidity in the house went up into the 40-48% range when the Chubby was shut down. ( Live in a river valley with high water table).
So Motivation to pay off and OWN ( my second) Chubby IS High... Lay-away is for adults, who simply like Good efficient heat.
1,500 sq ft house built in 1862 and the Chubby and a summer blower switch on furnace blower did the trick.
It was a pleasure to call the nat gas company and tell them that we are OFF the "winter heat rate". Not One once was used for heat, and we have a 95% efficient furnace.
Actually looking forward to making the "Pilgrimage" down to grab the new one!!
Winter usage was 27.5 lbs a day avg , Roughly $5 bucks a day ( Blashak) vs WEAK nat gas at $ 11.00/day . That savings alone pays for a lot of Chubby!!
I thought Nat gas was cheap cheap cheap nowadays....how much is your nat. gas? And not from eating pizza :)

User avatar
Formulabruce
Member
Posts: 240
Joined: Sat. Feb. 02, 2013 8:02 pm
Hand Fed Coal Stove: CHUBBY owner!, Thanks Larry Trainer
Coal Size/Type: Nut and Stove size
Other Heating: Blower from a gas furnace if I need to move air, no heat
Location: in the "Shire" ( New Hamp -shire)

Post By: Formulabruce » Sun. May. 24, 2015 1:16 pm

chilly.jpg
Back in FEB.
Here is how the Nat gas works in the "Shire" ( NH)
Power or gas company's have to "apply" for any raise in price with the Public utilities Commission. ( PUC) which then has to be approved.
Gas company here ( no competition) is Northern Utilities ( part of bay State gas, and over 150 years old) They serve 1/4 Million customers in Mass, and 25K each in NH and across the river in Maine.
Due to "age of the infastructure" they are always complaining that they cant deliver enough gas in the winter, even if they have it on hand.
1. They have a Winter ( Nov-april) Rate, AND a Winter HEATING Rate ( much more$$) They have a summer rate.
2. Due to the "Weak" nature of natural gas vs Propane, It is cheaper but its energy output is 30% Less and it requires about 10X amount what it would in propane to do the same job, and a 1/15th the pressure. This means furnaces have much longer cycles which used a lot more electricity too.
3. When Northern utilities "applies" for a rate increase, they RAISE the rates in anticipation of their request being approved, Ahead of time.
This past WINTER rates
All on one Bill> Customer charge $ 13.73
"Delivery" Charges $ .5320 /Therm ( First 50 therms) $.4739 ( after first 50 therms/Per Therm)
GAS SUPPLY Charges $ .9569 /therm ( almost 1 Dollar a Therm)
Avg $ 1.46 /therm "delivered" plus $13.73 each month.. ( average of first 50 and rest/therm used)
Heating only usage Jan-March 2014 avg per month was 254 therms
254 -260 X $1.46/therm + 13.73 = $ 384.57 - $494
Compare to coal? Hell yes!
Coal @ 329/ton = 26,000,000 ( million) BTU
Nat gas @ $ 1.90/therm ( includes del/ customer) = 260 therm =$494
$ 494 vs 329... and thats not even fair, the 95% efficient gas "warm air' furnace heat was weak
Coal efficiency in a Chubby/BTU has got to be the highest in the industry ( including base burners)
Our monthly gas for heat bill was almost 500 a month 2013-2014 winter
Coal at @4.45/day = $133.25 month ( average) ( 2014-2015 winter)
$494 vs $ 133 plus some easy work, and we were avg 10 degrees warmer, and 25% LESS humidity..
Looking at the Picture up top, the previous winter the inside temp was 59-63 and humidity at 42% ( with no wind)

User avatar
Hambden Bob
Member
Posts: 6768
Joined: Mon. Jan. 04, 2010 10:54 am
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air
Location: Hambden Twp. Geauga County,Ohio

Post By: Hambden Bob » Mon. May. 25, 2015 8:39 pm

Rockcrusher45 wrote:Lay away plan.."Just pay $100 and if you cancel your order you get the deposit back?
a very loose way to run your business.... I think for the sake of Chubby, allowing people a layaway option is quite honorable...but offering a deposit back if they chose not to pursue it is not in the best interest of the companies overhead..whats next..try it our for 90 days if you don't like it send it back we'll pay for the shipping and keep the ginsu as out gift..LOL
Damn !! :fear: Larry's giving away Ginsu Knives along with the ability to use a "Fault-Free" Layaway ? Maybe I've gotta get in on this !! :gee:

User avatar
Formulabruce
Member
Posts: 240
Joined: Sat. Feb. 02, 2013 8:02 pm
Hand Fed Coal Stove: CHUBBY owner!, Thanks Larry Trainer
Coal Size/Type: Nut and Stove size
Other Heating: Blower from a gas furnace if I need to move air, no heat
Location: in the "Shire" ( New Hamp -shire)

Post By: Formulabruce » Mon. May. 25, 2015 11:17 pm

The "Ginsu Knives " only come into play if you over heat and warp the grate and cant get poker in the slots!!
:0 :0 :) :) :) :) :)

User avatar
Rockcrusher45
Member
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed. Feb. 05, 2014 7:34 am
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Coal Stove
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Location: N. Middleboro, Ma

Post By: Rockcrusher45 » Mon. Jun. 15, 2015 8:55 am

Hey OneDollar? Does Chubby Coal Co. accept EBT card payments?...I know a guy on Lawrence that wants to buy 10...LOL

User avatar
Formulabruce
Member
Posts: 240
Joined: Sat. Feb. 02, 2013 8:02 pm
Hand Fed Coal Stove: CHUBBY owner!, Thanks Larry Trainer
Coal Size/Type: Nut and Stove size
Other Heating: Blower from a gas furnace if I need to move air, no heat
Location: in the "Shire" ( New Hamp -shire)

Post By: Formulabruce » Mon. Jun. 15, 2015 4:39 pm

would be funny if you could buy coal with one...

User avatar
ONEDOLLAR
Verified Business Rep.
Posts: 1865
Joined: Thu. Dec. 01, 2011 6:09 pm
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 2014 Chubby Prototype
Coal Size/Type: Nut/Anthracite
Location: Sooner Country Oklahoma
Contact:

Post By: ONEDOLLAR » Mon. Jun. 15, 2015 9:51 pm

Formulabruce wrote:would be funny if you could buy coal with one...
While our stoves may like to snack on coal I have yet to see a human do so. The only people who would like that would be the Dentists and Oral Surgeons. :o

Though I admit there have been rumors that Freetown Fred was sprinkling "Fines" from his coal bin on his morning bowl of Cream of Wheat. To help get is tummy back into fighting shape of course. :D Or was he wanting to produce diamonds? hmmmmmmmmmm

I am not sure if coal covered for those on "fuel assistance". It should be if it is not. :?:

Rockcrusher

I think you know the answer to the EBT question. If your "guy" in Lawrence truly wants to purchase 10 Chubby's I am sure we can make him deal. We can even get him set up on the Lay A Way Plan. Perhaps he could be a good "Try it Before you Buy It" participant as well. Maybe he would like to become a dealer? Since he is quasi local, for 10 stoves we can toss in FREE DELIVERY for him as well. But please tell him to leave the EBT card for his trips to Market Basket and Stop and Shop.


Post Reply

Return to “Sales Announcements & Other Information From Business's”