Chubby Lay A Way Plan... Your Suggestions and Input

Forum rules
ATTN Business owners: You may advertise your companies coal related products and services for free in this section of the forum. Use the "Contact Admin" link at the bottom of any page or send a private message to Richard S. to become a "Verified Business Rep" so you can start new topics here.

Also note you are encouraged to respond to topics started by other members in other forums about your business. You may also start topics in other forums about your products if they are informational. As an example if you are a manufacturer of coal boilers you may start a topic in the boiler section on how to service it.

ONEDOLLAR
Verified Business Rep.
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 2014 Chubby Prototype
Coal Size/Type: Nut/Anthracite

Post by ONEDOLLAR » Sun. Mar. 01, 2015 12:55 pm

Chubby Coal Stove Lay Away Plan

To our faithful team players and fellow NEPA members! We need your thoughts! As consumers of all things anthracite do you think a "Lay A Way" plan for the purchase of a new Coal Stove Chubby... would help get a stove into people’s hands for next season?

For purposes of discussion here are the ideas so far. Please feel free to make comments and suggestions. :D

1) Payments would be for a period of 6 or 12 months.

2) Flat rate shipping cost of 100.00 for plans of 6 months or less. This would be paid with first equal payment. Payments amount depends on stove model and options. A stove picked up would have no shipping payment required. 12 months plans would pay regular shipping rates. Normally under $300

3) There is NO INTEREST or FEES charged for the use of Lay A Way Plan.

4) Cancel at any time and be refunded 100%.

5) Lay A Way plans good for NEW Chubby Stoves only.

coalfan
Hand Fed Coal Stove: ds circultor1500 \chubby coal stove
Coal Size/Type: nut/ pea ant.some bit.
Other Heating: kerosene\cold nat. gas

Post by coalfan » Sun. Mar. 01, 2015 1:19 pm

i think the layaway plan is a very good idea as many folks just cant toss up the funds rite away and that would also allow some time for planning there hearth set up if neede and not short change them all at once and also help sale and more interest in the fine little stoves just my thoughts /good idea !!!!!

ONEDOLLAR
Verified Business Rep.

Post by ONEDOLLAR » Sun. Mar. 01, 2015 1:38 pm

coalfan

Thank you for your imput. The "Layaway Plan" is something we are actively looking at doing and rolling out in the very near future. In fact it wouldn't surprise me to see it up and running in just a few days. Once all the "i's and t's" have been dottted and crossed. Of course comments and suggestions are always welcome and appreicated from ALL NEPA members. :D

SWPaDon
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 1600M
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous
Other Heating: Oil furnace

Post by SWPaDon » Sun. Mar. 01, 2015 1:39 pm

I think your layaway plan is a great idea. Especially the reduced shipping on the 6 month plan.

Lightning
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Modified AA 130
Coal Size/Type: Pea Size - Anthracite

Post by Lightning » Sun. Mar. 01, 2015 2:12 pm

I like your layaway plan!

Another option is buy it and a few tons of coal with yer tax refund.. :) or if that's not an option use part of your refund as a down payment. I can't think of a better way to spend money that Uncle Sam gives back to me.. :lol:

BrotherDave
Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF3000
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Godin 3727 / King KCC205

Post by BrotherDave » Sun. Mar. 01, 2015 2:17 pm

I am in for a new Chubby if a lay-a-way deal can be had. I am looking to buy a new Chubby but now that my daughter, boyfriend and two are now living with us, my tax refund is being diverted to supporting them. A lay-a-way deal would be perfect for me.

Dave

BrotherDave
Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF3000
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Godin 3727 / King KCC205

Post by BrotherDave » Sun. Mar. 01, 2015 2:26 pm

I would be in for the 6 month plan.

coalfan

Post by coalfan » Sun. Mar. 01, 2015 2:42 pm

this will open the doors and oppurtunity for many people and familys to have a nice stove without putting a big dent into the house hold or just plain out not be able to get one ! very good idea ,!

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sun. Mar. 01, 2015 2:48 pm

As long as any other stove manufactures willing to the same can get a spot here on the FORUM.

ONEDOLLAR
Verified Business Rep.

Post by ONEDOLLAR » Sun. Mar. 01, 2015 3:07 pm

freetown fred wrote:As long as any other stove manufactures willing to the same can get a spot here on the FORUM.
Just to be clear. If this Lay A Way plan is introduced it is intended to be for ANYONE and EVERYONE who would desire to purchase a new Chubby. NEPA and non Nepa members alike. Though we certianly hope those who would purchase a Chubby through this method will also join and take part in this awesome forum known as NEPACROSSROADS.COM.

The purpose of this posting is to get some feedback on this idea. And who better to get good feedback from than from fellow NEPA members. :D

SWPaDon
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 1600M
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous
Other Heating: Oil furnace

Post by SWPaDon » Sun. Mar. 01, 2015 3:22 pm

ONEDOLLAR wrote: Just to be clear. If this Lay A Way plan is introduced it is intended to be for ANYONE and EVERYONE who would desire to purchase a new Chubby. NEPA and non Nepa members alike. Though we certianly hope those who would purchase a Chubby through this method will also join and take part in this awesome forum known as NEPACROSSROADS.COM.

The purpose of this posting is to get some feedback on this idea. And who better to get good feedback from than from fellow NEPA members. :D
Hopefully there is a flyer added to the Chubby manual directing purchasers to this site should they need help.

coalfan

Post by coalfan » Sun. Mar. 01, 2015 3:51 pm

very good idea sd !!!

ONEDOLLAR
Verified Business Rep.

Post by ONEDOLLAR » Sun. Mar. 01, 2015 5:02 pm

Coalfan, SWP

I can tell you this. Everyone who buys a Chubby is told about this site. We also have this site listed on the Chubby website. When new manuals are printed you can bet coalpail.com will be in it. :D

waldo lemieux

Post by waldo lemieux » Sun. Mar. 01, 2015 5:15 pm

OD,

I would consult a banker or creditcard co and see if you can get them to offer a 12 mos interest free offer for your stoves. There are offers like that out there for all kinds of stuff, and you don't end up being the bank , dealing with the messed up finances of your customers. I know a layaway is some different but your in the business of manufacturing and selling stoves.Are you just trying to sell more stoves or trying to help people who don't have financing available? Hey how about going on shark tank?

You might want to reach out to Flyer5 for marketing ideas :idea:

michaelanthony
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vigilant 2310, gold marc box stove
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Gold Marc Independence
Baseburners & Antiques: Home Sparkle 12
Coal Size/Type: 'nut
Other Heating: Fujitsu mini split, FHA oil furnace

Post by michaelanthony » Sun. Mar. 01, 2015 8:04 pm

I second wl and here is why: you don't want to be peoples bank and let them off the hook free and clear. I believe folks should pay a penalty if they cancel for time and energy related and I would expect that. I am all for a 3rd party taking care of that and Larry can keep making his stoves without distraction.

Return to “Sales Announcements & Other Information From Business's”