Chubby Lay A Way Plan... Your Suggestions and Input

Forum rules
ATTN Business owners: You may advertise your companies coal related products and services for free in this section of the forum. Use the "Contact Admin" link at the bottom of any page or send a private message to Richard S. to become a "Verified Business Rep" so you can start new topics here.

Also note you are encouraged to respond to topics started by other members in other forums about your business. You may also start topics in other forums about your products if they are informational. As an example if you are a manufacturer of coal boilers you may start a topic in the boiler section on how to service it.

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sun. Mar. 01, 2015 8:53 pm

Dear Diary:....Day 2,096 Of Winter 2014-2015...Was On The NEPA Coal Board And Experienced A Break-Through/Epiphany Combo-Shot Today ! I Read where Larry Trainer And His Mad Scientist/Associate And Colleague,Namely ONEDOLLAR,decided to Kick-It "Old School" and come up with the Notion of Allowing Customers to Purchase A Nuclear Grade Chubby Brand New By Using The Age-Old Method Of Lay-A-Way ! Wow ! A Brand New Black Rock Burner shipped after Payment In Full and the Maintenance Trail starts with the New Day One Owner ! ...Multi-Wow ! I've got to Remember to also advise Them that a little Insulation against Daffy's and Anglin' Scheisters trying to take advantage of Their Honorable Business Nature wouldn't be a Bad Idea,Either ! Well,that's all for now......... :gee: :up: :dancing:

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Sun. Mar. 01, 2015 10:19 pm

Thanks for the laugh Bob!

I think I'd want a 3rd party involved too, even if you had to charge a fee to cover it. Probably some automatic payment plan thru a debit or credit card, with a large down payment. If the buyer has, and Im pulling a number out of air, $500 down as the first payment, the rest of the payments may not seem so bad. Plus they are more committed. If it started as a $200 down and 200 every month they may have some bill come along, or their car quits, dog dies and needs to be cremated, etc., etc., and they will back out. Take the larger down amount and get the monthly payments lower and they will keep paying.

Irregardless, its a wonderful idea and I hope it works out. Old school and I like it!

ONEDOLLAR
Verified Business Rep.
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 2014 Chubby Prototype
Coal Size/Type: Nut/Anthracite

Post by ONEDOLLAR » Mon. Mar. 02, 2015 5:42 am

We can and do offer 3rd Party Financing for those that prefer that option. :D

The difference when using the Chubby Layaway Plan is the stove of course must be paid for in full before delivery will take place.

Of course there will be a minimum amount down needed for the first payment. Depending on which option the customer chooses, the remaining payments can then be spread over a 6 or 12 month period. The customer is always welcome to put down a larger down payment and increase the monthly payment too. The faster the stove is paid for the faster the stove will be delivered. With no interest or fees all payments are applied to the cost of the stove.

We understand and are well aware that issues can come up that can effect the ability of someone making a scheduled payment. Life can throw a curveball at any of us at anytime. If at all possible we will work with them. Or if the customer wishes for a refund, for whatever reason, all monies paid will be returned. There is literally no risk for either party.

By introducing a "Layaway Plan" that is straightforward and simple we hope it will allow many people to start saving money and be warmer by burning coal. We see it as a "WIN/WIN" for the customer and for Chubby Stoves.

As HB says it is "old school".

waldo lemieux

Post by waldo lemieux » Mon. Mar. 02, 2015 6:03 am

Id like to reverse my statement here and say that if you already have financing available the the ADDITION of a layaway plan is a great idea. I mistakenly thought you were offering the layaway to drum up business . :oops: Remember " ya cant beat a Chubby " :woot:

waldo

ONEDOLLAR
Verified Business Rep.

Post by ONEDOLLAR » Tue. Mar. 03, 2015 9:48 am

Lightning wrote: Another option is buy it and a few tons of coal with yer tax refund..
Funny you mention this as another idea we are working on is including a ton of coal with the purchase of a new Chubby. It is only in the panning stages now.

michaelanthony
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vigilant 2310, gold marc box stove
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Gold Marc Independence
Baseburners & Antiques: Home Sparkle 12
Coal Size/Type: 'nut
Other Heating: Fujitsu mini split, FHA oil furnace

Post by michaelanthony » Tue. Mar. 03, 2015 2:15 pm

ONEDOLLAR wrote:
Lightning wrote: Another option is buy it and a few tons of coal with yer tax refund..
Funny you mention this as another idea we are working on is including a ton of coal with the purchase of a new Chubby. It is only in the panning stages now.

...any thought of free shipping with a disclaimer, example: "stoves paid in full by September 1 of said year" just a thought...

coalfan
Hand Fed Coal Stove: ds circultor1500 \chubby coal stove
Coal Size/Type: nut/ pea ant.some bit.
Other Heating: kerosene\cold nat. gas

Post by coalfan » Tue. Mar. 03, 2015 2:28 pm

maybe a voucher to your nearest dealer to or something along that line /just a thought .

ONEDOLLAR
Verified Business Rep.

Post by ONEDOLLAR » Tue. Mar. 03, 2015 2:38 pm

We have lots of marketing ideas floating around the ole World Headquarters of Chubby Stoves. 8-)

BrotherDave
Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF3000
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Godin 3727 / King KCC205

Post by BrotherDave » Tue. Mar. 03, 2015 2:39 pm

Any idea when the lay-a-way plan will be officially started?

windyhill4.2
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1960 EFM520 installed in truck box
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404 with variable blower
Coal Size/Type: 404-nut, 520 rice ,anthracite for both

Post by windyhill4.2 » Tue. Mar. 03, 2015 3:01 pm

I think the plan sounds like a winner for customer & company. If a buyer sends the down payment & starts the monthly payments,then has some unforeseen expense pop up,will this plan allow them to just restart payments when able & the stove would ship when payed for, just at a later date than was planned earlier ? This is a bit different then buying a car,taking immediate possession of it,driving it ,fall behind with payments. With the lay-away plan , the company has nothing to lose if a customer is late with payment/s , the customer would be responsible for delaying their possession of the stove & meantime the company has a constant cash flow. These are just my questions & thoughts on this option,can't say that I have ever studied all the nitty,gritty of a lay-away plan so I might be way off base.

ONEDOLLAR
Verified Business Rep.

Post by ONEDOLLAR » Tue. Mar. 03, 2015 3:34 pm

Windy

If someone runs into an issue and can't make the payment we will of course work with them if they would like or we would be happy to refund them back 100% of the money they paid towards the stove. We get it... LIFE HAPPENS. This is "old school" layaway". The way it was in the 30's, 40's and 50's. The plan is simple. No interest and No fees. We think it is a "WIN/WIN" for everyone involved.

We sincerely hope that those who decide to use this method will benefit from not only NOT PAYING any interest or fees but also in return, have more money in the long run by heating with coal. Most people, even supplementing their heat with coal can save some serious money vs paying for, pellets, gas, oil or "propain". And be warmer as well. Not to mention freeing themselves from (as you know) being a slave to the wood stove and wood pile.

coalfan
Hand Fed Coal Stove: ds circultor1500 \chubby coal stove
Coal Size/Type: nut/ pea ant.some bit.
Other Heating: kerosene\cold nat. gas

Post by coalfan » Tue. Mar. 03, 2015 3:56 pm

i commend you or the fact of wanting to do it ole school its a thing of the past and dam good to see it come back !!!!!!and it also will be helping many folks and the company as you said WIN WIN FOR ALL VERY GOOD JOB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ironminer

Post by Ironminer » Wed. Mar. 04, 2015 1:27 am

Hi... I'm brand new to this forum; yes a noob.. I think this is an excellent idea. I have been interested in burning coal for some time... Just can't find anyone in these parts using it.

I think I'm well on my way. I really like the look of the Chubby. Would consider a layaway plan... Will be getting educated... Have got a lot of research & reading to do... Nice looking stove... Beautiful work!

ONEDOLLAR
Verified Business Rep.

Post by ONEDOLLAR » Wed. Mar. 04, 2015 6:28 am

Ironminer wrote: Just can't find anyone in these parts using it.
WELCOME!!! Please let us know what area you are in. You very well may be surprised that someone may be pretty close to you that burns coal. :D

ONEDOLLAR
Verified Business Rep.

Post by ONEDOLLAR » Wed. Mar. 04, 2015 7:14 am

BrotherDave wrote:Any idea when the lay-a-way plan will be officially started?
Dave.. All I can say is SOON. We want to roll this out so those who opt for the 6 month plan can be installed and ready to go for the next heating season.

Return to “Sales Announcements & Other Information From Business's”