Chubby Lay A Way Plan... Your Suggestions and Input

Forum rules
ATTN Business owners: You may advertise your companies coal related products and services for free in this section of the forum. Use the "Contact Admin" link at the bottom of any page or send a private message to Richard S. to become a "Verified Business Rep" so you can start new topics here.

Also note you are encouraged to respond to topics started by other members in other forums about your business. You may also start topics in other forums about your products if they are informational. As an example if you are a manufacturer of coal boilers you may start a topic in the boiler section on how to service it.

Ironminer

Post by Ironminer » Wed. Mar. 04, 2015 8:52 am

ONEDOLLAR wrote:
Ironminer wrote: Just can't find anyone in these parts using it.
WELCOME!!! Please let us know what area you are in. You very well may be surprised that someone may be pretty close to you that burns coal. :D
Michigan's U.P. Ya, I'm a Yooper.

SWPaDon
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 1600M
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous
Other Heating: Oil furnace

Post by SWPaDon » Wed. Mar. 04, 2015 9:03 am

Ironminer wrote:Michigan's U.P. Ya, I'm a Yooper.
If you could add that to your profile, maybe even the name of a town close to you, others in here will be able to help you a lot.

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Wed. Mar. 04, 2015 9:25 am

Do a search for town names near you and you may get lucky. They would have had to mention the town in a post though. I know there are several members here from MI. I remember seeing Escanaba in a posters profile.

ONEDOLLAR
Verified Business Rep.
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 2014 Chubby Prototype
Coal Size/Type: Nut/Anthracite

Post by ONEDOLLAR » Wed. Mar. 04, 2015 9:54 am

warminmn wrote:I remember seeing Escanaba in a posters profile.
I think that is NEPA member DennisH and he lives in the U.P.

SWPaDon
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 1600M
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous
Other Heating: Oil furnace

Post by SWPaDon » Wed. Mar. 04, 2015 11:37 am

Ironminer, there are two places selling anthracite in this thread: Michigan Nut and Rice Coal

Maybe you can get that Chubby stove after all.

Ironminer

Post by Ironminer » Wed. Mar. 04, 2015 2:22 pm

SWPaDon wrote:Ironminer, there are two places selling anthracite in this thread: Michigan Nut and Rice Coal

Maybe you can get that Chubby stove after all.
Thanks... Our own Chubby.....

However, that is southern Michigan.... Long trip. I did not see Wisconsin on the forum... That would be closer. I will definitely check it out though. Road trips can be a hoot...

Ironminer

Post by Ironminer » Wed. Mar. 04, 2015 2:32 pm

SWPaDon wrote:
Ironminer wrote:Michigan's U.P. Ya, I'm a Yooper.
If you could add that to your profile, maybe even the name of a town close to you, others in here will be able to help you a lot.
I will have to try that... My profile.... Hmmm.... I'll have ya know I'm ripped under this layer of fat!

BrotherDave
Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF3000
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Godin 3727 / King KCC205

Post by BrotherDave » Wed. Mar. 04, 2015 5:39 pm

ONEDOLLAR wrote:
BrotherDave wrote:Any idea when the lay-a-way plan will be officially started?
Dave.. All I can say is SOON. We want to roll this out so those who opt for the 6 month plan can be installed and ready to go for the next heating season.
Thanks OD. I will be one of the first on the list to sign up!

windyhill4.2
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1960 EFM520 installed in truck box
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404 with variable blower
Coal Size/Type: 404-nut, 520 rice ,anthracite for both

Post by windyhill4.2 » Wed. Mar. 04, 2015 6:47 pm

Location in your profile is right there >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Larry T.
Verified Business Rep.
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hand Fed Coal Stove Chubby
Coal Size/Type: Nut coal

Post by Larry T. » Thu. Mar. 05, 2015 10:30 am

TO All POSTERS! & to ONEDOLLAR:
Thank you all for your input. I appreciate your thoughts, advice and comments. These days its hard to navigate through the myriads of available marketing options. It is great to have NEPA where I can go for advice from knowledgeable anthracite burners.

Just trying to find an easy way to help those who want a Coal Stove Chubby, get a Coal Stove Chubby. When you are in business the idea is to sell your products. Again, I appreciate your help in keeping me between the guard rails. Your comments have been mixed into the plan where possible. :idea:

Plan to be announced by tomorrow afternoon! Maybe not a perfect (I know) plan but its simple and truly free!
LT

EarthWindandFire
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Leisure Line Lil' Heater.
Other Heating: Oil Furnace and Kerosene Heaters.

Post by EarthWindandFire » Thu. Mar. 05, 2015 11:01 am

This is a great idea!

We need more innovative thinking like this, especially to grow a business and expand coal-burning to the general public.

ONEDOLLAR
Verified Business Rep.
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 2014 Chubby Prototype
Coal Size/Type: Nut/Anthracite

Post by ONEDOLLAR » Fri. Mar. 06, 2015 9:15 am

HI!

We are VERY EXCITED to announce that the Chubby Coal Stove "Layaway" plan is now LIVE! :D :dancing:

For those that are interested in the plan or in Chubby Coal Stoves in general please visit the website at http://www.Chubbystove.com. There is a link on the front page to request further information.

You can also email Larry at: [email protected] and Larry will send you all the details.

We deeply appreciate all the feedback and suggestions from everyone here on NEPA and we look forward to seeing how this program works out. As Larry mentioned yesterday this "Layaway" plan may not be perfect but it is simple and FREE to the consumer of any "interest" or "fees" and we hope it will allow many people to start saving money and be warmer by burning coal. We see it as a "WIN/WIN" for the customer and for Chubby Stove inc.

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Fri. Mar. 06, 2015 8:53 pm

Yay ! :up: ........No Dawdling,Foolin' Around Nor Prancing About ! Nice Job,Guys ! From the start of this Thread to Today,The Coal Chubby Lay-A-Way Plan Has Cleared The Launch Pad !!! Good Show !!! :dancing:

Ironminer

Post by Ironminer » Fri. Mar. 06, 2015 9:08 pm

Beautiful work!

Formulabruce
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark 1 Goldenfire
Coal Size/Type: BLASHAK Nut and Stove size
Other Heating: Blower from a gas furnace if I need to move air, no heat

Post by Formulabruce » Tue. Apr. 07, 2015 2:08 pm

I am ON this Lay-Away plan, Month 2 !! This allows me to buy a "TOP DOG Chubby" AND fund my Coal supply during the summer.
Working on a flickering LED system for inside the one I have for summer night ambiance!!
A friend asked me if my Stove was an antique. I thought for a second and remember Larry Pointing out the tag said 1979, so I said YES its an antique!!
THis may get hard to believe with a brandy new Chubby that looks similar!!
I will have to defend its NOT a reproduction!! :) :)
Having looked at about 5 other coal stove options, I a still convinced that this is the most efficient stove I could own. It may not clean out as easily or as much as some others, BUT a tiny bit more hokey pokey and I save big on coal. It was below zero for around 30 days this winter ( at some point during that day) with wind chills down to -50 a couple times and just a cold nasty winter, and I never went above 38 ( est) lbs a day, stove at 390-420 on the coldest days. My house was built in 1862 so its not sealed up tight. My house was at around 78-80 all "Wintah" hehe :)
I used ZERO Natural gas ( the more you use, the MORE it costs) for heating this winter. Last winter the gas bill for heat was over 330 a month, starting in November. Coal cost me about 145-150 a month..
I will have burned 4,900 lbs Tons this winter ( 1500 sq ft) around 165 days its going to have been on , its avg about 30 lbs..+/- Thats 6 bucks a day for BONE warming Heat!!, Free humidifier, and cook top !!

Return to “Sales Announcements & Other Information From Business's”