Welcome All

Forum rules
ATTN Business owners: You may advertise your companies coal related products and services for free in this section of the forum. Use the "Contact Admin" link at the bottom of any page or send a private message to Richard S. to become a "Verified Business Rep" so you can start new topics here.

Also note you are encouraged to respond to topics started by other members in other forums about your business. You may also start topics in other forums about your products if they are informational. As an example if you are a manufacturer of coal boilers you may start a topic in the boiler section on how to service it.

Larry T.
Verified Business Rep.
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hand Fed Coal Stove Chubby
Coal Size/Type: Nut coal

Post by Larry T. » Sat. Jan. 17, 2015 5:32 pm

Thanks Tom!,
Nice to hear from a seasoned customer. You've been a coal burner for a while now so its nice to hear a report from you. Your stove looks great as always. It really got a pampering recently. You did a nice looking job. Maybe you can post a picture sometime of when you had it all laid out and painted on the ground. That was pretty cool..
Thanks again for stopping in!

LT

Rockcrusher45
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Coal Stove
Coal Size/Type: Nut

Post by Rockcrusher45 » Wed. Feb. 04, 2015 2:32 pm

Larry what does the "NEW SECRET PROTOTYPE" Have that our 20 yr olders dont? besides of course Bottom access to the pot?
Andrew;)

Larry T.
Verified Business Rep.
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hand Fed Coal Stove Chubby
Coal Size/Type: Nut coal

Post by Larry T. » Wed. Feb. 04, 2015 3:26 pm

Hi Andrew,
On my phone but in short its mostly in the new production methods. Everything is laser cut today and some things such as the door hinges, stove bottom, mid ring are all thicker and now cast iron. Because of these updated processes everything fits better and the thicker cast parts radiate better. Not to mention the cast parts are replaceable in your home, unlike a steel part that needs to be cut and or welded. However, we love our originals and still sell & service them.

Rockcrusher45
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Coal Stove
Coal Size/Type: Nut

Post by Rockcrusher45 » Thu. Feb. 05, 2015 11:40 am

Larry,
Do you have a remedy for a sagging top feed door on my Chubby?? would you recommend re drilling and placing beefier pins in? 8-) 8-)
Andrew;)

ONEDOLLAR
Verified Business Rep.
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 2014 Chubby Prototype
Coal Size/Type: Nut/Anthracite

Post by ONEDOLLAR » Thu. Feb. 05, 2015 3:01 pm

Andrew

Andrew

Larry just called me and asked me to pass this info on to you as a remedy. A 30 plus year old unit may start to have some play in the door but if you replace the gasket it will most likely still fit tight. Instead of re-drilling and trying to place pins it would be better to fabricate a new hinge and tack it below the existing one

mark

Formulabruce
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark 1 Goldenfire
Coal Size/Type: BLASHAK Nut and Stove size
Other Heating: Blower from a gas furnace if I need to move air, no heat

Post by Formulabruce » Sat. Feb. 07, 2015 11:34 pm

Just checked in here and saw Coal Chubby Finally made it! Grats!
I am thankful for all of Larrys help on the phone, and my Chubby , of course! I am amazed that, if I want to, I can get it to burn as little as 1.5 scoops a day in the middle of the pot if I want , surrounded by ash, on warmer days. Its been 12 or more Below Zero here with 35 mph winds, and the Chubby has kept us warm and cozy in our drafty old House built when Lincoln was President.
Yes, that's MY Chubby over on the RIGHT!!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> :) :) :)

Return to “Sales Announcements & Other Information From Business's”