Alternate Heating Systems Online Parts Store Is Now UP!

Forum rules
ATTN Business owners: You may advertise your companies coal related products and services for free in this section of the forum. Use the "Contact Admin" link at the bottom of any page or send a private message to Richard S. to become a "Verified Business Rep" so you can start new topics here.

Also note you are encouraged to respond to topics started by other members in other forums about your business. You may also start topics in other forums about your products if they are informational. As an example if you are a manufacturer of coal boilers you may start a topic in the boiler section on how to service it.

greenftechn
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: Coal Gun S130
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Alaska Kodiak
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: Wood Gun

Post by greenftechn » Wed. Sep. 10, 2014 11:57 am

In between sales and support calls, I have been busy this summer working on moving our main website to Rackspace and a new CMS, launching http://www.legacystoves.com and setting up our online parts store. Customers with AHS boilers can now order the most commonly ordered replacement parts online, 24x7, at:

https://store.alternateheatingsystems.com

Your suggestions and (hopefully tactful) comments are welcome!

lsayre
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW), ComfortMax 75

Post by lsayre » Wed. Sep. 10, 2014 12:06 pm

The great news fro AHS just keeps on coming. Thanks much!!!

coalkirk
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1981 EFM DF520 retired
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Jotul 507 on standby
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh anthracite/rice coal

Post by coalkirk » Sat. Oct. 04, 2014 8:28 pm

greenftechn wrote:In between sales and support calls, I have been busy this summer working on moving our main website to Rackspace and a new CMS, launching http://www.legacystoves.com and setting up our online parts store. Customers with AHS boilers can now order the most commonly ordered replacement parts online, 24x7, at:

It was nice to meet you at the Meet N Greet last weekend. I know you have your hands full with the Legacy stoves integration. I was wondering will you eventually have online parts for Legacy and older Harman stoves like the mag stoker? Thank you!

Seagrave1963
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman TLC2000
Coal Size/Type: nut
Other Heating: electric heat pumps, propane fireplace

Post by Seagrave1963 » Sun. Oct. 05, 2014 9:08 am

coalkirk wrote:
greenftechn wrote:In between sales and support calls, I have been busy this summer working on moving our main website to Rackspace and a new CMS, launching http://www.legacystoves.com and setting up our online parts store. Customers with AHS boilers can now order the most commonly ordered replacement parts online, 24x7, at:

It was nice to meet you at the Meet N Greet last weekend. I know you have your hands full with the Legacy stoves integration. I was wondering will you eventually have online parts for Legacy and older Harman stoves like the mag stoker? Thank you!
As a new TLC-2000 owner, I too am interested in parts/support after the acquisition of the coal line. Thanks.

McGiever
Stoker Coal Boiler: AXEMAN-ANDERSON 130 "1959"
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: BUCKET A DAY water heater
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning 414A
Coal Size/Type: PEA,NUT,STOVE /ANTHRACITE
Other Heating: Ground Source Heat Pump and some Solar

Post by McGiever » Sun. Oct. 05, 2014 9:37 am

Has not the acquisition also included access to the existing dealership network?

If not, there sure would be a huge loss of show room floor exposure for this product line.

Dealers usually don't want the distributor/mfgr. competing against them in the lucrative parts sales side of the business. :idea:

coalkirk

Post by coalkirk » Sun. Oct. 05, 2014 12:13 pm

I understand that but waiting 2-3 weeks to get a part from Harman dealer is absurd in 2014. I can get a part from the left coast in 2-4 days. I would hope once AHS has had a chance to get their arms around this whole thing that parts service would improve. Coal burning devices have been treated like the bastard stepchild by HHT so I don't think the dealers should complain. I could be wrong but I think parts distribution to dealers was by harmans trucks and not shipped UPS. That at least needs to change.

greenftechn
Verified Business Rep.

Post by greenftechn » Mon. Oct. 06, 2014 7:38 am

We plan to continue offering parts through the dealer network. There are no plans to upset this apple cart. The purchase of the Harman coal lines included a decent inventory of parts.

coalkirk

Post by coalkirk » Sat. Nov. 22, 2014 7:51 am

Called a Harman dealer yesterday to get a price on a new hopper for a mag stoker and order it. They knew the coal line has been purchased by "someone" but they didn't have any prices. They took my name and number and told me they would have to get back to me. Growing pains I guess. I'm curious how dealers are supposed to be able to access part pricing? Online or have they been sent a list?

coalkirk

Post by coalkirk » Wed. Nov. 02, 2016 11:46 am

So I just ordered and received a pair of new grates for a Harman mag stoker I was refurbishing. You still have to go through a Harman dealer. I do wish we could just order them online like AHS parts but I must say it was the quickest turnaround I've ever experienced buying parts through a Harman dealer. In the past it would take weeks. I had my grates in 1 week. Well done AHS!

greenftechn
Verified Business Rep.

Post by greenftechn » Wed. Nov. 02, 2016 12:12 pm

Glad to hear of the good experience. Enjoy your Super Magnum Stoker!

Return to “Sales Announcements & Other Information From Business's”