AHS Purchases Coal Stove Lineup From Harman!

Forum rules
ATTN Business owners: You may advertise your companies coal related products and services for free in this section of the forum. Use the "Contact Admin" link at the bottom of any page or send a private message to Richard S. to become a "Verified Business Rep" so you can start new topics here.

Also note you are encouraged to respond to topics started by other members in other forums about your business. You may also start topics in other forums about your products if they are informational. As an example if you are a manufacturer of coal boilers you may start a topic in the boiler section on how to service it.

greenftechn
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: Coal Gun S130
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Alaska Kodiak
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: Wood Gun

Post by greenftechn » Mon. Aug. 04, 2014 12:38 pm

Alternate Heating Systems has purchased the coal stove lines formerly developed and sold under the Harman brand from Hearth and Home Technologies. We will be manufacturing these models at our Harrisonville, PA location, and continuing sales through new and established dealers. These products include the Mark I, Mark III, TLC-2000 and Magnum Coal Stoker coal stoves. Other products will include coal fired hot air furnaces and boilers as well. Alternate Heating Systems branding of these lines will be under the name "Legacy Stoves by Harman". New products are being planned for the 2015/2016 season. Your suggestions on this and other matters are hereby solicited. New dealer inquiries are welcome. Email can be sent to:

[email protected]
[email protected]

http://legacystoves.com

titleist1

Post by titleist1 » Mon. Aug. 04, 2014 3:02 pm

I think this is very good news! I didn't get the impression they were committed to the Harman coal line for the last few years.

First suggestion I would make is to get a solution in place that allows the ash pan to cover the entire grate area on the hand fed stoves!! Or at least direct the ash on the edge of the grates into the pan. :) A minor annoyance I know but I always shook my head when I had to use the flat ash shovel to get what misses the pan.

lsayre
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW), ComfortMax 75

Post by lsayre » Mon. Aug. 04, 2014 3:15 pm

Great news!

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Mon. Aug. 04, 2014 3:15 pm

Congratulations, a little birdy told me they were selling but didn't know who.

lsayre

Post by lsayre » Mon. Aug. 04, 2014 3:20 pm

Please give us a hint if any of the new products to come will be hand fired stoves with hoppers. :)

franco b
Site Moderator
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Post by franco b » Mon. Aug. 04, 2014 3:51 pm

lsayre wrote:Please give us a hint if any of the new products to come will be hand fired stoves with hoppers. :)
And thermostat.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Mon. Aug. 04, 2014 4:12 pm

AND, that customer service will be of the utmost priority with some of these established dealers. Ya got a not so great track record there:( BUT on the other hand--CONGRATS & do well.
Last edited by freetown fred on Tue. Aug. 05, 2014 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

EarthWindandFire
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Leisure Line Lil' Heater.
Other Heating: Oil Furnace and Kerosene Heaters.

Post by EarthWindandFire » Mon. Aug. 04, 2014 4:26 pm

This is just great news!

What involvement if any will Dane Harman have?

lsayre

Post by lsayre » Mon. Aug. 04, 2014 5:44 pm

freetown fred wrote:AND, that customer service will me of the utmost priority with some of these established dealers. Ya got a not so great track record there:( BUT on the other hand--CONGRATS & do well.
Fred, these are the new owners who almost immediately solved the problem that the previous owners let fester into a roughly 40 page diatribe on this forum.

2001Sierra
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90 Chimney vent
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Buderus Oil Boiler 3115-34

Post by 2001Sierra » Mon. Aug. 04, 2014 11:19 pm

I hope the dealers wake up as well. 5 years ago when fuel hit the roof, I decided to buy a Harman. Well I was the only one thinking of buying, both dealers near me had a different idea. One said we don't sell coal stoves, and where not interested in giving me a cash and carry price. The other never returned my request for a quote even though I visited the store, once again cash and carry, I already new what I wanted no sales experience required. I really hope AHS can carry the torch "lit" this time. I ended up with a Keystoker, you can call the factory anytime and get quality answers.
Best wishes AHS. I look forward to positive results on this forum, from what I have seen from websites involved.

anthony7812
Stoker Coal Boiler: VanWert VA 400
Coal Size/Type: Buck/Anthracite

Post by anthony7812 » Tue. Aug. 05, 2014 4:08 am

Great news!

michaelanthony
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vigilant 2310, gold marc box stove
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Gold Marc Independence
Baseburners & Antiques: Home Sparkle 12
Coal Size/Type: 'nut
Other Heating: Fujitsu mini split, FHA oil furnace

Post by michaelanthony » Tue. Aug. 05, 2014 6:18 am

Does anyone besides myself want to play devil's advocate and try to understand why Harman would let the coal line up go? :gee: ...Am I reading something that's not there, well coalnewbie where are you?

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Tue. Aug. 05, 2014 6:42 am

Congrats & best of luck! From all I've read Harman always made a good product. I've heard the place they lacked was support after the sale. If you can cure that issue you may well have an unstoppable force!

titleist1

Post by titleist1 » Tue. Aug. 05, 2014 6:50 am

@ma.....
Most likely because HNI, Hearth & Home's parent company didn't like the year to year sales growth percentage (past and predicted) of the Harman coal stove line. The sale of that part of the company means more $ short term than keeping it and makes the Hearth & Home division look better to HNI. That is what it comes down to for companies run by boards and stockholders, make sure your growth percentage is in a range that gets an A+ rating and keeps the stock price high.

Pellet Stoves are where they see the growth and also the spare parts business making them money. Those proprietary circuit boards aren't cheap to replace for the consumer, but are cheap to source for the company.

ONEDOLLAR
Verified Business Rep.
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 2014 Chubby Prototype
Coal Size/Type: Nut/Anthracite

Post by ONEDOLLAR » Tue. Aug. 05, 2014 7:25 am

Has anyone thought of letting DCRANE in on this tidbit of info? I shudder to think what his response might be :shock:

Doug hasn't been seen around this parts for well over a month.

CONGRATS AHS on the purchase!

Return to “Sales Announcements & Other Information From Business's”