Stock up Early for Next Season,Avoid Agony

Forum rules
ATTN Business owners: You may advertise your companies coal related products and services for free in this section of the forum. Use the "Contact Admin" link at the bottom of any page or send a private message to Richard S. to become a "Verified Business Rep" so you can start new topics here.

Also note you are encouraged to respond to topics started by other members in other forums about your business. You may also start topics in other forums about your products if they are informational. As an example if you are a manufacturer of coal boilers you may start a topic in the boiler section on how to service it.

Darren L
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Leisure Line
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by Darren L » Sun. Mar. 30, 2014 9:48 am

how is the Direnzo burning for you?
tsb wrote:I got six tons of Direnzo two weeks ago. Ground was frozen. No problems.

lsayre
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW), ComfortMax 75

Post by lsayre » Sun. Mar. 30, 2014 10:05 am

I will burn up to 1.2 more tons this year than I burned the first two years with my boiler. 6.75 projected tons vs. 5.6 actual in the past. My first two years just happened to be mild winters and this year represents a serious winter. Fortunately for me, going into the year I had 5 tons in the bin (which I calculate will hold 6-1/3 tons) and I also had on hand 1 full and one half full super-sack full of coal going into October (with a full super-sack holding one full ton). I project that I will run out by about the end of July.

What this year has taught me is to always have at least 7 tons of coal on hand if it is intended to last for a full year. I'll buy in May and take it in two deliveries totaling 7 tons. I hope my supplier is OK with my purchasing 7 tons, but taking 4 in May or June and 3 more in August. I don't know if he can hold at one price for that. He can only deliver up to a maximum of 5 tons at a time, so it will have to come in two deliveries.

DennisH
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon-Eagle Klondike IV
Other Heating: Propane

Post by DennisH » Wed. Apr. 02, 2014 7:38 pm

I'll be buying 3 x 2400# skids from my dealer. Should be in by June. I burned four skids this winter, but I have 8 skids outside, so when I move these three plus two others, I should be good for next year (as long as it's not as brutal as this winter) and perhaps the following year. :D

Return to “Sales Announcements & Other Information From Business's”