Lehigh Anthracite

Forum rules
ATTN Business owners: You may advertise your companies coal related products and services for free in this section of the forum. Use the "Contact Admin" link at the bottom of any page or send a private message to Richard S. to become a "Verified Business Rep" so you can start new topics here.

Also note you are encouraged to respond to topics started by other members in other forums about your business. You may also start topics in other forums about your products if they are informational. As an example if you are a manufacturer of coal boilers you may start a topic in the boiler section on how to service it.

Townsend
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93 & Harman Mark I
Coal Size/Type: Pea / Nut

Post by Townsend » Tue. Oct. 09, 2012 4:57 pm

I ordered a truck load and feel it's a great deal, especially to Connecticut. I spoke with Terry and he went out of his way to help me get lined up with a trucking firm. Very nice guy. Should be around 25 tons heading this way to the Axeman very soon!

A friend in the area just had delivered 24 tons of nut from American Premium. He says it seems to burn fine. I took a look at it but it appears to have an excessive amount of fines in it. He paid 20 dollars more a ton ($170) as well. Same delivery fee of $33.

I hope it burns well.

Townsend

Post by Townsend » Tue. Oct. 16, 2012 11:51 am

Well, the coal was delivered on time and I met a great driver named Skip. He is not the owner but a driver for the company whom he said he enjoyed working for.

I did take a video but since it was still dark outside all you really see are the truck's lights.

Here is a picture of my pile and a close up of the coal.

The coal looks very consistent in sizing. I have yet to burn any. I just finished (good timing) the last of my bagged Blashack. I was paying the local rate of around $300 for a ton. It is definitely a substantial savings from getting it local.

300 X 22.4 = $6,720
183 X 22.4 = $4,100
Savings $2,620

It should also be stated that the price of $6,720 does not reflect any delivery charges had I chose to have the local coal delivered or the cost of me transporting pick up truck loads in terms of fuel/time or back muscles unloading bags. I am building a wooden chute to place in my basement window and chute it right into my basement coal bin using my tractor front loader.

I cleaned out my coal bin attached to the boiler so from here on I'll see how the Lehigh does.

I want to also say again that Lehigh was extremely professional and courteous with me. Terry really was on the ball with getting back to me and arranging delivery. Thanks Terry!

Attachments

IMG_9314.JPG
.JPG | 266.8KB | IMG_9314.JPG
IMG_9315.JPG
.JPG | 152.2KB | IMG_9315.JPG
IMG_9317.JPG
.JPG | 239KB | IMG_9317.JPG

oilman

Post by oilman » Thu. Oct. 25, 2012 9:38 pm

Back in the 90's I considered this coal the best you could get. I have been told they have the best fields in the State.

Pacowy
Stoker Coal Boiler: H.B. Smith 350 Mills boiler/EFM 85R stoker
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/anthracite

Post by Pacowy » Thu. Oct. 25, 2012 9:45 pm

I just took delivery on a triaxle load of Lehigh and am quite happy with it so far.

Mike

lsayre
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW), ComfortMax 75

Post by lsayre » Sun. Oct. 28, 2012 12:16 am

Townsend, how is the Lehigh working for you in the AA260?

Townsend

Post by Townsend » Mon. Oct. 29, 2012 5:43 pm

The Lehigh is really nice stuff, considering the limited amount of time I have had it. That said, I can already tell the ash is much less. I had bought several hundred pounds of 'Premium Coal' from a friend who had a delivery. Man!, was I ever carrying out ash tubs. But this Lehigh is like a reverse of that. Only two tubs since I fired the Lehigh. I will take a picture of the next tub.

And the heat load comes up very fast. We had a few cold days here in Connecticut early on and I was surprised how fast the TT was satisfied. Now that it is warmed up it seems to be idling fine even though I have yet to get my timer installed so the Axeman is maintaining a fire fine without calls for heat. It went off on a call for hot water but that was it. Sometimes, when I remember (which is seldom), I bump up the TT for a couple minutes to fire her but it generally manages on its own. Especially comforting after 16+ hour work days. Gotta love the Axe!!!!

I am still in the process of getting 12 ton in the basement. With Hurricane Sandy I am working double shifts and can't get stuff done. Just hope my tarps hold till it's through with blowing.
Last edited by Townsend on Mon. Oct. 29, 2012 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lsayre
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW), ComfortMax 75

Post by lsayre » Mon. Oct. 29, 2012 5:45 pm

Low ash is a good thing! Will Lehigh oil their coal to keep dust down? How is the dust in general for Lehigh pea?

Townsend

Post by Townsend » Mon. Oct. 29, 2012 5:49 pm

I can't say enough good Isayre, I mean it. It is really clean stuff without many fines at all. And the dust is low. Even after manually dumping hods of coal into my oil tank bin there is little dust. After this storm I will take more pics.

grobinson2
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 Highboy, and EFM 520 round door
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Coalbrookdale Darby, Harman Mark III, Stratford SC100, DutchWest 288 (With Coal Insert), Coalbrookdale Severn, Hitzer 50/93, Hitzer 354 Double Door, FrancoBelge La Normandie, DS Machine Anthramax
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Buck, Pea, Nut, and Stove
Other Heating: Vermont Castings Defiant 1975 FlexBurn, Fisher Grandpa Bear, Vermont Castings DutchWest 224, Vermont Castings Defiant 1945, Ravelli RV-100 Classic, Progress Hybrid, Glenwood Wood Chip Boiler

Post by grobinson2 » Sun. Nov. 04, 2012 10:31 pm

Would you guys say this coal is about the same as UAE or better?

Thanks,
Glenn

LEHIGHANTHRACITE

Post by LEHIGHANTHRACITE » Fri. Dec. 28, 2012 7:34 am

Lehigh Anthracite is proud to announce that we are now serving our customers who are looking to purchase coal in amounts LESS THAN TRUCKLOADS. Due to overwhelming demand from those of you looking to pick up coal for your homes, you can now do so from the retail site at 901 E. Broad Street in Tamaqua. The retail site will be open on Saturday, 12/29/12 from 8 am through noon. Please visit our website at http://lehighanthracite.com/ to schedule a pick up or contact us at 570.668.9060 for more information. We appreciate your continued support and we look forward to meeting all of your coal needs in the upcoming year.

Wiz
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker Ka 6
Coal Size/Type: Casey Junk Coal :(

Post by Wiz » Sun. Dec. 30, 2012 5:11 pm

Lehigh Anthracite is proud to announce that we are now serving our customers who are looking to purchase coal in amounts LESS THAN TRUCKLOADS.
:dancing: :up: Good news

buffalo bob
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 354 and a 254
Coal Size/Type: anthracite nut

Post by buffalo bob » Mon. Dec. 31, 2012 9:21 pm

great...see ya in the spring...will call first and get all the details...

tinmanKC10
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KC10
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by tinmanKC10 » Fri. Jan. 04, 2013 1:08 pm

Those of you that are burning Lehigh does anyone burn buck? I have only burned rice as of now with good results but would like to step up the buck size assuming it is ok to use in my Keystoker. Im just trying to decide what size to buy because I will be stcuk with 20+ tons of the stuff if it doesnt work, haha.. Any suggestions would be helpful Thanks

Pacowy
Stoker Coal Boiler: H.B. Smith 350 Mills boiler/EFM 85R stoker
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/anthracite

Post by Pacowy » Fri. Jan. 04, 2013 2:09 pm

I bought a TL of their buck and it has burned fine in an EFM.

Mike

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Jan. 05, 2013 8:46 am

tinmanKC10 wrote:Those of you that are burning Lehigh does anyone burn buck? I have only burned rice as of now with good results but would like to step up the buck size assuming it is ok to use in my Keystoker. Im just trying to decide what size to buy because I will be stcuk with 20+ tons of the stuff if it doesnt work, haha.. Any suggestions would be helpful Thanks
Keystokers do fine with buck. The older units had more problems with outfires when running buck in warm weather, but the newer units with a secondary fan should do fine.

Return to “Sales Announcements & Other Information From Business's”