Lehigh Anthracite

Forum rules
ATTN Business owners: You may advertise your companies coal related products and services for free in this section of the forum. Use the "Contact Admin" link at the bottom of any page or send a private message to Richard S. to become a "Verified Business Rep" so you can start new topics here.

Also note you are encouraged to respond to topics started by other members in other forums about your business. You may also start topics in other forums about your products if they are informational. As an example if you are a manufacturer of coal boilers you may start a topic in the boiler section on how to service it.

whistlenut
Stoker Coal Boiler: AA130's,260's, AHS130&260's,EFM900,GJ & V-Wert
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Franks,Itasca 415,Jensen, NYer 130,Van Wert
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska, EFM, Keystoker, Yellow Flame
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska, Keystoker-2,Leisure Line
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Alaska, Gibraltar, Keystone,Vc Vigilant 2
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Ford, Jensen, NYer, Van Wert,
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwoods
Coal Size/Type: Barley, Buck, Rice ,Nut, Stove
Other Heating: Oil HWBB

Post by whistlenut » Sat. Jan. 05, 2013 8:59 am

Buck will be like candy for the KC10. I'd definitely go that route, you will have the smile on your face surgically removed, because you won't be able to overcome it yourself!!!!!! Slight air adjustment, that's it. :idea: :idea: :!:

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Jan. 05, 2013 9:12 am

I think it is great that a coal company as large as Lehigh listened and made arrangements to sell coal in smaller quantities. :idea: All of you that were asking for small loads need to make an appointment and follow through with some orders.

coalkirk
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1981 EFM DF520 retired
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Jotul 507 on standby
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh anthracite/rice coal

Post by coalkirk » Sat. Jan. 05, 2013 9:27 am

They list their coal as 7.5-12% ash. How does that compare to UAE? Now that we know UAE is closing, I'm looking for an alternative low ash coal. I've been spoiled by the UAE.

gaw
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice from Schuylkill County

Post by gaw » Sat. Jan. 05, 2013 9:30 am

tinmanKC10 wrote:Those of you that are burning Lehigh does anyone burn buck? I have only burned rice as of now with good results but would like to step up the buck size assuming it is ok to use in my Keystoker. Im just trying to decide what size to buy because I will be stcuk with 20+ tons of the stuff if it doesnt work, haha.. Any suggestions would be helpful Thanks
Buck will work fine in the KC-10. You will have to increase the feed rate a few turns, I would guess from 2 to 5 more turns depending… It is not that you will burn more coal but the buck does not feed as freely as the rice. Keystoker mentions this in their “manual” and I have found it to be true in my own experience.

I can’t recommend one over the other. I use rice now because my direct vent bay window requires it so it is a one size fits all situation for me.

Dennis
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: AHS/WOC55-multi-fuel/wood,oil,coal
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite/stove size

Post by Dennis » Sat. Jan. 05, 2013 9:33 am

coalkirk wrote:They list their coal as 7.5-12% ash. How does that compare to UAE? Now that we know UAE is closing, I'm looking for an alternative low ash coal. I've been spoiled by the UAE.
The ash content seems inline maybe a little higher
I wodn't worry,if UAE would close up i'm sure someone or another coal co. will take over the mine,I hope since I love UAE also.
Maybe try a small load,everyone using Lehigh seems to like it

butchs37
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska 140 dual feed

Post by butchs37 » Tue. Feb. 12, 2013 4:25 pm

I just called their number to schedule a pickup they told me they are no longer doing small orders.

Rob R.
Site Moderator

Post by Rob R. » Tue. Feb. 12, 2013 5:53 pm

I guess not enough people bought small quantities to make it worth while?

ryan20strohl
Stoker Coal Boiler: efm coal boiler
Coal Size/Type: rice
Other Heating: Bryant evolution heat pump

Post by ryan20strohl » Tue. Feb. 12, 2013 6:00 pm

i get my coal their, rice, the best coal ive burned yet, red ash low ash, great btus

Dennis
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: AHS/WOC55-multi-fuel/wood,oil,coal
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite/stove size

Post by Dennis » Tue. Feb. 12, 2013 6:05 pm

Rob R. wrote:I guess not enough people bought small quantities to make it worth while?
they didn't give it enough time,they started when everyone already had their coal for the winter.Maybe next year they shoukd start earlier,I believe they would have a market place for smaller quanitites

garyk2303

Post by garyk2303 » Wed. Feb. 13, 2013 8:31 am

Hello everyone, I called Lehigh this morning 2/13/13 and spoke with some woman. All she told me is they are no longer selling in small quantities? Not sure if its a breaker issue, or if it was just a hassle? What I do know is years ago this was the best coal you could buy period! Nothing against Lehigh, but we can sell millions of tons to the chineese, but nothing to the local people! There now I have vented! :(

Rob R.
Site Moderator

Post by Rob R. » Wed. Feb. 13, 2013 9:27 am

garyk2303 wrote:Hello everyone, I called Lehigh this morning 2/13/13 and spoke with some woman. All she told me is they are no longer selling in small quantities? Not sure if its a breaker issue, or if it was just a hassle? What I do know is years ago this was the best coal you could buy period! Nothing against Lehigh, but we can sell millions of tons to the chineese, but nothing to the local people! There now I have vented! :(
They are happy to sell local people and out of state people TT loads. Have you checked to see if any of your local dealers buy from Lehigh?

garyk2303

Post by garyk2303 » Wed. Feb. 13, 2013 1:02 pm

Well I stopped at Lehigh this morning, the guard told me that they are selling to the public on a Saturday morning at the CVS between 8:00-12:00am? I am guessing this has to do with some type of insurance issue? So I went to the old reliable once again (UAE HARMONY)! No hassle good clean coal just further to drive!

Pacowy
Stoker Coal Boiler: H.B. Smith 350 Mills boiler/EFM 85R stoker
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/anthracite

Post by Pacowy » Wed. Feb. 13, 2013 1:32 pm

My understanding is that they're trying to move a substantial volume so they want to keep their loading/weighing/etc. facilities busy on TL quantities. They're very cooperative with TL buyers, and the coal is very good.

Mike

mattcoalburner
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Reading Juniata

Post by mattcoalburner » Wed. Feb. 13, 2013 1:48 pm

Rob R. wrote:
garyk2303 wrote:Hello everyone, I called Lehigh this morning 2/13/13 and spoke with some woman. All she told me is they are no longer selling in small quantities? Not sure if its a breaker issue, or if it was just a hassle? What I do know is years ago this was the best coal you could buy period! Nothing against Lehigh, but we can sell millions of tons to the chineese, but nothing to the local people! There now I have vented! :(
They are happy to sell local people and out of state people TT loads. Have you checked to see if any of your local dealers buy from Lehigh?
I can buy any quantity of lehigh, small loads or large loads. I do pay a little more for small loads. Let me know if anyone wants small loads I can get them for you

Yanche
Stoker Coal Boiler: Alternate Heating Systems S-130
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Pea

Post by Yanche » Wed. Feb. 13, 2013 1:59 pm

garyk2303 wrote:Well I stopped at Lehigh this morning, the guard told me that they are selling to the public on a Saturday morning at the CVS between 8:00-12:00am? I am guessing this has to do with some type of insurance issue? So I went to the old reliable once again (UAE HARMONY)! No hassle good clean coal just further to drive!
Do you have a street address on the CVS? If it's the same place the was posted earlier in this thread I did a Google street view and found what looks like a retail shopping area. No evidence of a vehicle scale anywhere. How can they sell coal without a scale? Bags only? Doesn't make sense to me.

Return to “Sales Announcements & Other Information From Business's”