Lehigh Anthracite

Forum rules
ATTN Business owners: You may advertise your companies coal related products and services for free in this section of the forum. Use the "Contact Admin" link at the bottom of any page or send a private message to Richard S. to become a "Verified Business Rep" so you can start new topics here.

Also note you are encouraged to respond to topics started by other members in other forums about your business. You may also start topics in other forums about your products if they are informational. As an example if you are a manufacturer of coal boilers you may start a topic in the boiler section on how to service it.

Phil May
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 700
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Liesure Line
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by Phil May » Wed. Feb. 13, 2013 3:37 pm

Do they have bagged available in big orders.

garyk2303

Post by garyk2303 » Wed. Feb. 13, 2013 4:26 pm

All the security guard said was the CVS by the NAPA auto parts store? I am guessing they load you with a Bobcat or something similar where they know what the bucket holds? My only concern with Lehigh is I was told that they have alot of bank coal they are selling? A friend of mine has a brother that works at Lehigh and he tells him when they are in the Mammoth vein and they can each buy 5 ton. If you get coal out of the Mammoth vein I have been told it is the best coal you can get. I had some Lehigh a few years ago before the last owner stripped the breaker and it was alright. One thing I will say is the big sign out front is freshly painted and looks good! I am very happy that the owners are working to revive a legend coal mine operation and hopefully we can all buy this coal in the near future!

Bud63
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Surdiac 715
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by Bud63 » Thu. Feb. 14, 2013 12:42 am

The (now closed-I think) CVS by the NAPA parts store is on route 209/East Broad Street at the very east end of Tamaqua. For many years the present Lehigh Anthracite operations area was known as the Greewood Breaker.

rrtaylor

Post by rrtaylor » Thu. Feb. 14, 2013 7:55 am

Lehigh Anthracite supplied some coal to a local retail yard here in Tamaqua and sold coal on Saturday mornings. Sales were increasing every Saturday as the word spread. Unfortunately the bureau of weights and measures showed up and said without certified scales you cannot sell coal because it is a commodity. Sales have ceased. A decision on installing certiifed scales is pending.

Cyber36
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Marathon/Logwood

Post by Cyber36 » Thu. Feb. 14, 2013 1:56 pm

I believe the joint where I buy My bulk coal sells without a certified scale also.......... :o

mattcoalburner
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Reading Juniata

Post by mattcoalburner » Thu. Feb. 14, 2013 3:13 pm

Phil May wrote:Do they have bagged available in big orders.
I offer bagged coal of theres in any size coal, large or small orders
I personally prefer Gale Mining coal, but can get you whatever you need

Wiz
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker Ka 6
Coal Size/Type: Casey Junk Coal :(

Post by Wiz » Wed. Feb. 20, 2013 6:26 pm

Anyone getting Lehigh coal and who is delivering it for you? Like to get several tons of Lehigh

Penn507
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by Penn507 » Wed. Mar. 13, 2013 9:40 pm

Pacowy wrote:I bought a TL of their buck and it has burned fine in an EFM.

Mike
Is their buck cheaper than rice ? Is it worth the risk ? I am going to purchase a truck load (23-26 ton) ,but don't want to be stuck with something that gives me problems.

Pacowy
Stoker Coal Boiler: H.B. Smith 350 Mills boiler/EFM 85R stoker
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/anthracite

Post by Pacowy » Wed. Mar. 13, 2013 11:05 pm

I should clarify that I'm burning their buck in a stoker with a much bigger feed tube than is on a 520. The manual advises against burning buck in a 520, but many people do with no problems. Lehigh's buck isn't real big, so I wouldn't expect it to be a problem. Before buying a TL, though, you might want to get a sample to test. Terry at Lehigh is very cooperative - you might want to talk with him about that (I think there is contact info for him earlier in this thread).

I'm not aware of Lehigh having a different price for rice vs. buck. I've taken 2 TL's and have a neighbor who has taken one, and I'm not aware of any problems with their current product.

Mike

K6Burner
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker K-6
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman SF-250

Post by K6Burner » Mon. Jun. 10, 2013 8:22 pm

About to order a tt load from Lehigh are there any concerns on the quality of coal that they are running at this time? Thanks

grobinson2
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 Highboy, and EFM 520 round door
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Coalbrookdale Darby, Harman Mark III, Stratford SC100, DutchWest 288 (With Coal Insert), Coalbrookdale Severn, Hitzer 50/93, Hitzer 354 Double Door, FrancoBelge La Normandie, DS Machine Anthramax
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Buck, Pea, Nut, and Stove
Other Heating: Vermont Castings Defiant 1975 FlexBurn, Fisher Grandpa Bear, Vermont Castings DutchWest 224, Vermont Castings Defiant 1945, Ravelli RV-100 Classic, Progress Hybrid, Glenwood Wood Chip Boiler

Post by grobinson2 » Mon. Jun. 17, 2013 9:12 pm

I would really like to buy a ton or ton and a half of rice of there coal. I already have 20 tons of UAE for this coming winter but for the summer I was hoping to try some Lehigh so that I could start deciding what I want to order for next year. I am from the Lancaster area and of course don't have a problem driving around if someone would want to sell me some.

Thanks again,
Glenn

grobinson2
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Coalbrookdale Darby, Harman Mark III, Stratford SC100, DutchWest 288 (With Coal Insert), Coalbrookdale Severn, Hitzer 50/93, Hitzer 354 Double Door, FrancoBelge La Normandie, DS Machine Anthramax
Other Heating: Vermont Castings Defiant 1975 FlexBurn, Fisher Grandpa Bear, Vermont Castings DutchWest 224, Vermont Castings Defiant 1945, Ravelli RV-100 Classic, Progress Hybrid, Glenwood Wood Chip Boiler

Post by grobinson2 » Sat. Jun. 22, 2013 9:06 am

No one??? :(

Scottscoaled
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520, 700, Van Wert 800 GJ 61,53
Baseburners & Antiques: Magic Stewart 16, times 2!
Coal Size/Type: Lots of buck
Other Heating: Slant Fin electric boiler backup

Post by Scottscoaled » Sat. Jun. 22, 2013 5:53 pm

The guy four or five posts earlier than yours, Mattcoalburner, will get you what you need in bulk or bagged. He comes recommended. :)

grobinson2

Post by grobinson2 » Sat. Jun. 22, 2013 5:59 pm

Damn. Not sure how I missed that post. Thank you for pointing it out. I am sending him a PM now.

Thanks again,
Glenn

Return to “Sales Announcements & Other Information From Business's”