Coal for Sale

Forum rules
ATTN Business owners: You may advertise your companies coal related products and services for free in this section of the forum. Use the "Contact Admin" link at the bottom of any page or send a private message to Richard S. to become a "Verified Business Rep" so you can start new topics here.

Also note you are encouraged to respond to topics started by other members in other forums about your business. You may also start topics in other forums about your products if they are informational. As an example if you are a manufacturer of coal boilers you may start a topic in the boiler section on how to service it.

Newport Aggregate

Post by Newport Aggregate » Sat. Aug. 25, 2012 2:04 pm

Since everyone burns their coal differently, some people have found it perfect for their furnaces and some have found it better mixing it with Hudson or Blashchak or Superior or Sherman, ect or ect. ( just trying to plug some of our buyers). But with the price we offer it is a great product! You might have to tinker, but it's a great product which at the end of the day, whatever way you use our coal, you will save $$$$$$.
JO

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Aug. 25, 2012 4:40 pm

Gotcha. Thanx for the come back John.

tight-group

Post by tight-group » Sat. Aug. 25, 2012 6:53 pm

Newport Aggregate wrote:Since everyone burns their coal differently, some people have found it perfect for their furnaces and some have found it better mixing it with Hudson or Blashchak or Superior or Sherman, ect or ect. ( just trying to plug some of our buyers). But with the price we offer it is a great product! You might have to tinker, but it's a great product which at the end of the day, whatever way you use our coal, you will save $$$$$$.
JO

John, I couldn't agree with you more, With many people trying to save anyway you can, there are fewer and fewer
"Deal's" to be found so I just wanted to thank you personaly for showing some integrety and helping out the little
guy, the check went out friday I'll call your office monday with the tracking # Thanks again from Central Maine.

Newport Aggregate

Post by Newport Aggregate » Sat. Aug. 25, 2012 9:45 pm

You have a good company hauling for you. ( Latona Trucking) We use them a lot for our rock DELS.

jpen1
Stoker Coal Boiler: LL110
Coal Size/Type: Rice/ Buck

Post by jpen1 » Sun. Aug. 26, 2012 4:02 pm

John no problem about not being there. You hit the nail on the head. It is like most different coal sources I have tried over the years. They burn best when mixed with another source. The coal I have been burning is from 3 different vanes and it burns really well. The Newport coal clinker'd to about baseball to softball size by itself in my boiler. So I tried mixing it 50/50 with my other coal and that problem totally went away. Now the Newport coal I picked up was basically rice sized. I saw what I call pea, nut and barley however I didn't see any true buckwheat coal. The slightly larger size of the buckwheat would help with the clinkering problem in my boiler, as even UAE will clinker some if I don't atleast mix their rice with buck. Overall it seems to put off a good amout of heat and if you don't mind tinkering with it, it is a very good value. I also think if you mix it with a coal with a higher ash fusion temp. that will also eliminate the clinkering problem. As for the dust that can be controlled by oiling it as it is put into the bin.

sharkman8810
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 82 ul
Coal Size/Type: nut

Post by sharkman8810 » Wed. Aug. 29, 2012 9:44 am

I havent burned this coal yet, however I did have a thought to share. If lack of ash is a problem try superior, the last time I burned them they had a high ash content and it was a red ash, or try blaschak if the sizing is to large, because there stuff seemed sized to small. Personally i'd like to try it, but I can't store more than 2 tons at a time. I'd be confident my hitzer 82 wouldnt have any problems.

watkinsdr
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S260 Boiler

Post by watkinsdr » Wed. Aug. 29, 2012 9:04 pm

Anyone out there have AHS/AA burn results with this coal? I'm considering a run to NEPA to pick up about 4 tons of pea for my S260.

mozz
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 1982 AA-130 Steam

Post by mozz » Wed. Aug. 29, 2012 9:30 pm

I'm burning it right now in my AA130. It is getting mixed with the 6 ton of other coal I have in my bin. It's really hard to say anything but if you burn in the summer you know a AA will have unburnt coal in the ash, that's just how it is. I leave the anthrastat at 140 year round. It's going into the 40's a few nights here so maybe it will actually kick on besides the timer. It is oversized for pea. Like was said before, you may want to mix this with your usual supply although in a AA I can not see this causing any outfires by itself. There is some stone in the ash, not shale but stone. If you had a handfired this might cause problems getting jammed in the grates. I dump my ashes mostly in my driveway and the rain washes it away slowly, so if there is a lot of stone I will be able to tell.

ruger1980
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Hyfire II

Post by ruger1980 » Thu. Aug. 30, 2012 10:14 pm

I sent an email but never got a reply :shock:

Newport Aggregate

Post by Newport Aggregate » Thu. Aug. 30, 2012 10:35 pm

Sorry Ruger, I must have missed it. What can I do for you?
JO

lsayre
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW), ComfortMax 75

Post by lsayre » Sat. Sep. 08, 2012 9:23 am

Is this coal still available at $100/ton? Any new or updated reports of its burning characteristics and performance?

steamup
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman-Anderson AA-130, Keystoker K-6
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: HS Tarm 502 Wood/Coal/Oil
Coal Size/Type: pea, buck, rice

Post by steamup » Sat. Sep. 08, 2012 9:48 am

Went on a mini vacation this weekend.

I stopped at Newport Aggregate, the main reason for the trip. Impressive operation. It is a large stone quarry.

I picked up 900 lbs of nut, 200 lbs of pea and 2500 lbs of rice on 9/4. I got the nut for a friend who was willing to give his impressions of the coal quality. I got the rice to mix with buck I already have, but will test burn some straight in the keystoker K-6 before mixing. I will test burn the pea in the AA130 before using my normal coal. It won't be until cold weather before testing occurs and I have results.

Note, They were almost out of rice. I was lucky to get some. Call to check stock before going.

First impressions-

Nut was a little undersized. Looks more like a mix of nut and pea.

Pea looks like a mix of buck and pea.

Rice looked nicely sized.

There was much less dust than I expected. In fact, there was hardly any. The rains must have washed the dust to the bottom of the pile.

There is obvious dirt, stone, shale and bone in the mix. I expect more ash out of this coal. This is not a suprise. You are not going to get high grade coal at bargin basement prices.

I missed the opportunity to talk to John, so I don't know what his long term plans are.

whistlenut
Stoker Coal Boiler: AA130's,260's, AHS130&260's,EFM900,GJ & V-Wert
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Franks,Itasca 415,Jensen, NYer 130,Van Wert
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska, EFM, Keystoker, Yellow Flame
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska, Keystoker-2,Leisure Line
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Alaska, Gibraltar, Keystone,Vc Vigilant 2
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Ford, Jensen, NYer, Van Wert,
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwoods
Coal Size/Type: Barley, Buck, Rice ,Nut, Stove
Other Heating: Oil HWBB

Post by whistlenut » Sat. Sep. 08, 2012 10:20 am

That 'mini vaca' is a drive from your hometown, and thanks for the follow-up. There are no bargains anymore, so you get what you get, and hopefully can use it for the intended purchase. If nothing else, you can use it for hard fill.....expensive for fill, but still meets the goal. I know you had a nice ride, met some nice folks, enjoyed some great faire,..perhaps a local adult beverage or two or three, and learned more about our good friends in PA! :idea: :D 8-)

JeepinPete
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by JeepinPete » Wed. Sep. 12, 2012 10:22 am

Scottscoaled wrote:Well,,,,, I asked for it. Today I came home and had a good burn going. 4 teeth feed, 1.5 air, plate of ash. Go figure :|
Any updates?

LTStorm07
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1980 EFM DF520
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska Stoker II
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Heat pump / Propane

Post by LTStorm07 » Wed. Sep. 12, 2012 3:14 pm

^^ What he said.. I'm holding out on my order until some more reports come in, but I'm starting to get the itch with the past cool nights we've been having.

-Storm

Return to “Sales Announcements & Other Information From Business's”