Coal for Sale

Forum rules
ATTN Business owners: You may advertise your companies coal related products and services for free in this section of the forum. Use the "Contact Admin" link at the bottom of any page or send a private message to Richard S. to become a "Verified Business Rep" so you can start new topics here.

Also note you are encouraged to respond to topics started by other members in other forums about your business. You may also start topics in other forums about your products if they are informational. As an example if you are a manufacturer of coal boilers you may start a topic in the boiler section on how to service it.

steamup
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman-Anderson AA-130, Keystoker K-6
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: HS Tarm 502 Wood/Coal/Oil
Coal Size/Type: pea, buck, rice

Post by steamup » Thu. Jan. 24, 2013 2:54 pm

Scottscoaled wrote:Well,,,,, don't mean to beat a dead horse. How's every body doing with the Newport Agreggate? Is it working? Now that it's cold? I'm on my neighbors crap list because I got him two tons of nut. He won't even talk to me :(
Truly you don't get what you don't pay for. I bought it to test, it failed the test. Too much ash to deal with even at a bargain price. Won't buy it again. My buddy who I got a few hundred pounds to try simply threw out the rest after his first test burn. He said it made "concrete" in the bottom of his outdoor stove... :sick:

I was going to try some UAE next but with them going out, I won't bother. Lehigh looks interesting. I need to try someone else before I buy my next TT load. Time to get out the dart board.

jkabdoors

Post by jkabdoors » Thu. Jan. 24, 2013 8:03 pm

Where did Newport go???? Glad I didn't buy it, sorry to the people that did.

Joeski

Post by Joeski » Thu. Jan. 24, 2013 9:51 pm

Wiz wrote:
who wonders why us old timers sit back and wait to see if everything that clitters MAY NOT be gold?
Allot are not wondering anymore, I'm so so glad as a newbie in burning coal that I didn't get burnt on this.
Same here I almost ordered 10 to 12 ton but some one at work talked me out of it. I thought I was being dumb for not jumping on it instantly.

steamup

Post by steamup » Fri. Jan. 25, 2013 7:59 am

Bottom line, if coal could be dug out of the ground and used as is, more people would be doing it. The "breakers" do more than break coal. They provide a quality inhancement also.

jkabdoors

Post by jkabdoors » Sun. Feb. 10, 2013 9:20 am

A buddy of mine bought 20tons of Newport coal and now is stuck with it, he has a Harman sf250 can he use wood and the coal? Thanks Jeff

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sun. Feb. 10, 2013 9:25 am

20 ton huh? What a deal that dummy got--I wouldn't even give him any advice on all that,it'd probably end up being your fault if something screwed up wood burning wise ;) He don't have a computer to join our lil family here???? :(

steamup

Post by steamup » Sun. Feb. 10, 2013 9:32 am

I have no experience co-firing wood and coal.

He will just have to experiment with different firing mixtures to see if it works.

I mixed my coal with good coal at the rate 1:1 to 1:4 of newport to good coal. At 1:1 the ash was still a little too much. At 1:2 it was tolerable. At 1:3 or 1:4, the ash was just in greater quanitity than normal. I just threw the last bucket of newport in the hopper yesterday.

I have a stoker. How it behaves in a hand fired may be different. The hotter the fire, the more likely the ash will fuse into a solid lump.

jkabdoors

Post by jkabdoors » Sun. Feb. 10, 2013 10:56 am

The coal comes out the same size as it went in. just solid ash

Scottscoaled
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520, 700, Van Wert 800 GJ 61,53
Baseburners & Antiques: Magic Stewart 16, times 2!
Coal Size/Type: Lots of buck
Other Heating: Slant Fin electric boiler backup

Post by Scottscoaled » Sun. Feb. 10, 2013 6:29 pm

I finally got the courage up to visit my neighbor. The one who was burdened with 2 tons of the Nag.'s finest. Appears he broke his grate early on in the season and can't shake the stove down properly. So he starts a wood fire every day, and fills it with coal. When his coal fire dies down he dumps it and starts all over again. He mentioned that the coal isn't that good and had a lot of rocks in it.

Wiz
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker Ka 6
Coal Size/Type: Casey Junk Coal :(

Post by Wiz » Sun. Feb. 10, 2013 7:12 pm

Scottscoaled wrote:I finally got the courage up to visit my neighbor. The one who was burdened with 2 tons of the Nag.'s finest. Appears he broke his grate early on in the season and can't shake the stove down properly. So he starts a wood fire every day, and fills it with coal. When his coal fire dies down he dumps it and starts all over again. He mentioned that the coal isn't that good and had a lot of rocks in it.
I'm surprise he even talks to you :shock:

ONEDOLLAR
Verified Business Rep.
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 2014 Chubby Prototype
Coal Size/Type: Nut/Anthracite

Post by ONEDOLLAR » Sun. Feb. 10, 2013 7:25 pm

Looks like Newport has found a "use" for their coal.... Or at least a use for what is left after they burn it...

http://www.newportaggregate.com/Nanticoke_Stone.html

Scottscoaled

Post by Scottscoaled » Sun. Feb. 10, 2013 7:29 pm

I all ready have plans to make it up to him. I have a machine shop making a new piece that broke. He didn't seem to mind what he was doing actually. Said he got to use his wood up. He got to use coal. When I fessed up that it was the coal, I don't think he thought it was that big a problem. It did take several years for me to convince him that you had to fill it up all the way when you loaded and not just burn a little, like wood.

Scottscoaled

Post by Scottscoaled » Sun. Feb. 10, 2013 7:32 pm

ONEDOLLAR wrote:Looks like Newport has found a "use" for their coal.... Or at least a use for what is left after they burn it...

http://www.newportaggregate.com/Nanticoke_Stone.html
Hey! They aren't advertizing coal anymore :)

whistlenut
Stoker Coal Boiler: AA130's,260's, AHS130&260's,EFM900,GJ & V-Wert
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Franks,Itasca 415,Jensen, NYer 130,Van Wert
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska, EFM, Keystoker, Yellow Flame
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska, Keystoker-2,Leisure Line
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Alaska, Gibraltar, Keystone,Vc Vigilant 2
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Ford, Jensen, NYer, Van Wert,
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwoods
Coal Size/Type: Barley, Buck, Rice ,Nut, Stove
Other Heating: Oil HWBB

Post by whistlenut » Sun. Feb. 10, 2013 7:39 pm

Scotty, you were the first to make a comment about the burn, and that sure made a few folks re-think the $100/ton coal. You call them as you see them and who can ask for more than that. I hate to think about stabbing my supplier, and will pay whatever it takes to make my rigs burn well. It never hurts to have a plan 'B', but for 44 seasons, I have NEVER been jerked around. Send the check...or now electronically transfer....and a long truck show up in a few days. Tip the driver, say 'Thank You" to the driver and the Breaker guys.....let him go do it all over again.

PS: Off Road diesel was 3.94 on my way home today. On Road was 4.25. It had been 3.59 and 3.99 respectively for many months.........must be time to order up the new 'Luxury Sand-Mobiles'. :idea: :sick:

mattcoalburner
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Reading Juniata

Post by mattcoalburner » Mon. Feb. 11, 2013 8:28 am

I remember from day one telling people "dont buy it you get what you pay for." Its a shame more people don't use the old buyer beware thought.

Return to “Sales Announcements & Other Information From Business's”