New Pioneer 110K!

Forum rules
ATTN Business owners: You may advertise your companies coal related products and services for free in this section of the forum. Use the "Contact Admin" link at the bottom of any page or send a private message to Richard S. to become a "Verified Business Rep" so you can start new topics here.

Also note you are encouraged to respond to topics started by other members in other forums about your business. You may also start topics in other forums about your products if they are informational. As an example if you are a manufacturer of coal boilers you may start a topic in the boiler section on how to service it.

Matthaus

Post by Matthaus » Tue. May. 15, 2012 3:57 am

Hello all, we are busy preparing for what we believe will be a busy 2012/2013 season.

As we looked at our product line we realized that there was an opportunity for improvement staring us right in the face. One suggestion we hear quite often (well OK there has been some out and out whining!) is eliminating the flat bottom hopper design, so in response to that suggestion we have incorporated that feature on a new model stove. For those of you looking for a little extra heat output in your living room model stove the new Pioneer 110 should fit the bill. Aside form the bigger feeder and hopper we are also introducing a quieter gear motor and combustion fan that will also be available on the regular model Pioneers some time in the summer.

This new stove model (though not really new) is slated to go to UL testing this summer and therefore should be ready by late summer for purchase. We will be working to introduce slanted bottom hoppers for the Lil' Heater and hearth/sidewinder models as well. It is expected that these new hoppers will be available in early summer. The new larger Pioneer hopper is available immediately, contact your local dealer if you are interested (as of this release pricing is not yet determined).

Attachments

Pioneer 110 hopper.jpg

The prototype hopper shown here is an inch taller than the production model (which are available now for your existing pioneer), the lid will be flush with the top of the stove.

.JPG | 111.5KB | Pioneer 110 hopper.jpg

Fred P
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Pioneer
Hand Fed Coal Stove: US Army Cannon Heater
Coal Size/Type: Rice Nut
Other Heating: Propane

Post by Fred P » Fri. Jun. 19, 2015 7:48 pm

Any update on the Pioneer 110 ? Thanks for any info

Flyer5
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Post by Flyer5 » Sat. Jun. 20, 2015 1:32 pm

As of now its on hold. Not really enough interest. Maybe next round of testing.

emposter
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by emposter » Sat. Sep. 26, 2015 6:41 pm

Fred P wrote:Any update on the Pioneer 110 ? Thanks for any info
Hi Fred,
PM me if you want to convert your Pioneer to 110K :idea:

emposter

EarthWindandFire
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Leisure Line Lil' Heater.
Other Heating: Oil Furnace and Kerosene Heaters.

Post by EarthWindandFire » Wed. Nov. 18, 2015 3:17 pm

Flyer5 wrote:As of now its on hold. Not really enough interest. Maybe next round of testing.
I just don't understand why the lack of interest, this seems like the perfect stove?

If I were to order a new Leisure Line, it would be this stove. Huge burner, bigger hopper that's sloped and looks great!

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Wed. Nov. 18, 2015 4:09 pm

Great stove as they all are from LL, however, to me 110K belongs in a Pocono with a bigger radiating area. Or pay the extra coin and go AK110 in the basement - bingo, now that is a stove! If space is an issue then of course see the case for a Pioneer, I to am little surprised it did not sell.

Uglysquirrel

Post by Uglysquirrel » Wed. Nov. 18, 2015 7:14 pm

coalnewbie wrote:Great stove as they all are from LL, however, to me 110K belongs in a Pocono with a bigger radiating area. Or pay the extra coin and go AK110 in the basement - bingo, now that is a stove! If space is an issue then of course see the case for a Pioneer, I to am little surprised it did not sell.
Agreed , there is an optimal max burn rate for a given convection surface area to obtain the optimal heat output. That amoeba of air that gets pushed thru the stove is only in contact with the steel case for a fraction of a second. The Poke has more area than the Pioneer and thus better heat transfer. Having fins welded to the case would likely improve heat transfer and stove efficiency but it is more labor intensive and costs $.

It would be pretty cool to see a video of a certification test with the burner running 90-100K without any convection fans. I can imagine some areas of the stove get a dull red with some distortion. I would think this type test is an integrity test. This would be fun. Anyone have an extra stove they want to trash ? :roll: :roll:

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Wed. Nov. 18, 2015 8:19 pm

Nicely thought through US.

Flyer5
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Post by Flyer5 » Wed. Nov. 18, 2015 9:21 pm

Uglysquirrel wrote:
coalnewbie wrote:Great stove as they all are from LL, however, to me 110K belongs in a Pocono with a bigger radiating area. Or pay the extra coin and go AK110 in the basement - bingo, now that is a stove! If space is an issue then of course see the case for a Pioneer, I to am little surprised it did not sell.
Agreed , there is an optimal max burn rate for a given convection surface area to obtain the optimal heat output. That amoeba of air that gets pushed thru the stove is only in contact with the steel case for a fraction of a second. The Poke has more area than the Pioneer and thus better heat transfer. Having fins welded to the case would likely improve heat transfer and stove efficiency but it is more labor intensive and costs $.

It would be pretty cool to see a video of a certification test with the burner running 90-100K without any convection fans. I can imagine some areas of the stove get a dull red with some distortion. I would think this type test is an integrity test. This would be fun. Anyone have an extra stove they want to trash ? :roll: :roll:
I have one in my house. It handles it fine. The big problem is would there be enough benefit and interest to make up for the approximately $10,000 for UL testing costs? We are not completely ruling it out just we needed a break from spending money after doing the furnaces , the boilers and the powervents. We still need to put food on the table and fuel in the corporate jet. :)

Return to “Sales Announcements & Other Information From Business's”