Automatic Coal Ignition Demonstration

Forum rules
ATTN Business owners: You may advertise your companies coal related products and services for free in this section of the forum. Use the "Contact Admin" link at the bottom of any page or send a private message to Richard S. to become a "Verified Business Rep" so you can start new topics here.

Also note you are encouraged to respond to topics started by other members in other forums about your business. You may also start topics in other forums about your products if they are informational. As an example if you are a manufacturer of coal boilers you may start a topic in the boiler section on how to service it.

nwaelder
Verified Business Rep.

Post by nwaelder » Thu. Oct. 11, 2007 8:26 am

Leisure Line Stove Company is having an Open House... this Saturday Oct. 11 at Valley Stove and Fireplace, located near Hazeleton, PA.
**Broken Link(s) Removed**Paul V., Paul W. and myself will be there to demonstrate the automatic coal ignition add-on to the Coal-trol Digital we have been working on for 4 years.

Maybe some folks in Anthracite country might want to take a look at the progress made in stoker stoves by Leisure Line Stoves and Automation Correct.

Hope to see some of you there!

LsFarm
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Self-built 'Big Bertha' SS Boiler
Baseburners & Antiques: Keystone 11, Art Garland

Post by LsFarm » Thu. Oct. 11, 2007 11:33 am

HI Paul, can you make a video of the ignition system in operation?

Greg L

e.alleg

Post by e.alleg » Thu. Oct. 11, 2007 3:12 pm

interesting. I can't make it to the demonstration but I'm curious. Does it use oil or propane or something or electricity?

Matthaus

Post by Matthaus » Thu. Oct. 11, 2007 3:17 pm

Will be there! Got any older model discounted control units to bring with you?
I would love to sell a few Coaltrols with the 8 stokers I am getting ready to put on ebay. :lol: :)

pvolcko
Verified Business Rep.

Post by pvolcko » Thu. Oct. 11, 2007 7:35 pm

LsFarm, yes we will be making video of this. We actually have an interesting idea to cut a stoker grate lengthwise and to use a piece of the high temp glass to shoot video through so as to see the fire actually start and grow and all that. Not sure if it will work, but it is a cool idea. :) We will definitely be getting timelapse videos from a normal vantage point though and posting them at various places. We'll also probably do an installation video for a couple different stoker/grate systems.

e.alleg, it uses an electric heating element that we've designed along with a power supply. The two together form the igniter kit that we'll be selling as an add on to the Coal-Trol Digital system.

Matthaus, if you're serious give us a call (315-299-3589) and we can work something out for you. Either refurb stock or perhaps working out a bulk purchase discount on new stuff. If you'll be refurbing and selling additional stoves in the future maybe we can get you signed up as dealer.

jpen1
Stoker Coal Boiler: LL110
Coal Size/Type: Rice/ Buck

Post by jpen1 » Thu. Oct. 11, 2007 11:45 pm

Neil

What time are you planning on having the demo. I want to try and make it . Jim

Greyhound
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 105
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Lenox Oil HA, Heat Pump

Post by Greyhound » Thu. Oct. 11, 2007 11:52 pm

Not to be nit picky, but Saturday will be October 13, not the 11th.

nwaelder
Verified Business Rep.

Post by nwaelder » Fri. Oct. 12, 2007 12:42 am

Thanks for the correct date...

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Sat. Oct. 13, 2007 12:28 am

pvolcko wrote:LsFarm, yes we will be making video of this.
I know this dude who does video looking for work... :lol:

Inside shot in very low light conditions... the ultimate test for quality besides fireworks (note the horizontal lines are interlacing and normal):

Matthaus

Post by Matthaus » Sat. Oct. 13, 2007 7:15 pm

Just got home from watching a coal stove start itself with the push of a button. Very awesome, the wife is going to love it!!! :lol:

It was very nice meeting Paul W, Paul V and Neil from Automation Correct, and Gerry and his wife of Liesure Line fame. Myself, Jpen, and coalberner were there to witness the wonder of the first true automatic start for coal stoker stoves.

The units are not in production yet, but should be soon. I am in line to get one and run it through it's paces. Oh goody another science project! :idea: :onfire:

Thanks folks for a wonderful afternoon, a special thanks to Gerry's wife (I apologize, am terrible remembering names :oops: ) for the excellent food! The highlight was the "meeting" held after the open house. It is great meeting folks from the forum in person and geting together for some great food and conversation. We even had some riotous laughter when discussing some silly antics of late with regard to a certain person and selection of a handfed stove. :roll:

jpen1
Stoker Coal Boiler: LL110
Coal Size/Type: Rice/ Buck

Post by jpen1 » Sun. Oct. 14, 2007 1:54 pm

I had a great time at the openhouse and demo at Leisure's outlet store. I most definitely got an education in coal buring to say the least. With the tinvention and implementation of this ignition system anyone will be able to have a coal heating appliance. It isn't quite as instnat as a gas or oil fired appliance but it seems very reliable from what I witnessed yesterday with it working each and every time it was tried . Thanks to Jerry and his wife ( I am horrible with names) as well as neil and the pauls for sharing there hospitality and there knowledge with us. It was just a great time filled with new friends and lots of fellowship. :)

coal berner
Location: Pottsville PA. Schuylkill County PA. The Hart Of Anthracite Coal Country.
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF

Post by coal berner » Mon. Oct. 15, 2007 11:00 am

Hellow All sorry for the late replay Been a bussy little since saturday Plus I had some problems with my P.C. I to must say I had a Great
Afternoon spent with my Fellow Coal Forum members I must also say what a Great bunch of People I could of not had a better Afternoon thanks to Jerry & his Wife Karen
I also must thank Jerry's Wife for all of the great food that she made and had on hand for the Open House And Demo I think I must have Gained 10 lbs :lol: Thank you again Karen
Also I must Thank Paul & Neil V and of couse Paul W Who Put on a great
Demo on there new Automatic Coal ignition System Along with there
Coal - Trol system Here is the short version of what I saw On a table
Outside they had a Stoker unit with the auto ignition system installed into
the carpet / stoker feed plate
with a coal - trol to control everything plus a little homemade hopper /
coal chut to feed coal and a little ash tray at the bottom to cache the ash
With a push of a button 16 minutes later the coal was fully burning Now
Remember we are outside in the wind and the unit is not in a stove it is
on a table It was Awesome I would think once this system is in a stoker
the ignition time would be even less but 16 minutes is Pretty Fast
So what I can Tell all of you stoker Guy's is to call Paul and Neil or Jerry
up And get your name on the Order list so you can get one of these Great
Systems A few things I must say before I go is For a Realman Hand Feed
Stove Guy I was very inpressed with this System So inpressed that I
might be switching to the otherside and becoming one of those Girlieman
I Might BE :lol: Oh one more thing that I forgot to mentioned The coal
that was being used at the Demo was not the best ANTHRACITE That
PA has to offer so next time Paul & Neil and Paul w come down this way
don't forget to bring the trailer along so I can take you to get Some real
PA ANTHRACITE the Good Stuff :lol: Take Care ALL I had A Great time :)
Last edited by coal berner on Mon. Oct. 15, 2007 12:09 pm, edited 5 times in total.

pvolcko
Verified Business Rep.

Post by pvolcko » Mon. Oct. 15, 2007 11:36 am

Jerry and Karen were great hosts and they were quite pleased with the turnout to their first factory store open house.

It was a great time. Good food, great talk, and many laughs. It was the first time for me meeting anyone from the forum. Coal Berner, Matthaus, and JPen are great guys and made for a very enlightening and entertaining afternoon. Hopefully an annual tradition is born. :)

Just a minor correction, the time to ignite is 16 minutes or so not 16 seconds. The full cycle is actually 18 minutes, but usually there is a visible fire at around the 14 minute mark.

Lastly, we did take video of an ignition cycle which I'll be editing down and posting soon.

coal berner
Location: Pottsville PA. Schuylkill County PA. The Hart Of Anthracite Coal Country.
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF

Post by coal berner » Mon. Oct. 15, 2007 11:44 am

pvolcko wrote:Jerry and Karen were great hosts and they were quite pleased with the turnout to their first factory store open house.

It was a great time. Good food, great talk, and many laughs. It was the first time for me meeting anyone from the forum. Coal Berner, Matthaus, and JPen are great guys and made for a very enlightening and entertaining afternoon. Hopefully an annual tradition is born. :)

Just a minor correction, the time to ignite is 16 minutes or so not 16 seconds. The full cycle is actually 18 minutes, but usually there is a visible fire at around the 14 minute mark.

Lastly, we did take video of an ignition cycle which I'll be editing down and posting soon.
Hi Paul sorry from incorrect time got sec. switch with min. well anyway that you look at it It is fast I will fix my post take care talk to you soon oh let me know about coming down saturday hope to see you there

Return to “Sales Announcements & Other Information From Business's”