First Season With LL

Forum rules
ATTN Business owners: You may advertise your companies coal related products and services for free in this section of the forum. Use the "Contact Admin" link at the bottom of any page or send a private message to Richard S. to become a "Verified Business Rep" so you can start new topics here.

Also note you are encouraged to respond to topics started by other members in other forums about your business. You may also start topics in other forums about your products if they are informational. As an example if you are a manufacturer of coal boilers you may start a topic in the boiler section on how to service it.

Flyer5
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Post by Flyer5 » Tue. May. 04, 2010 7:29 pm

Well we made it through our first season as the new owners of Leisure Line Stove Co. I would like to say Thank You to everyone who has supported us in this adventure . We have met a lot of great people and look forward to meeting more as we progress in business . There have been some challenges and sacrifices to say the least . But our terrific customers and dealers really make it worth while . I am looking forward to the next season and can't wait to help a few more people keep there heating costs down and away from foreign oil . Thanks you , Dave .

I am sure Matt feels the same way :D .

Matthaus

Post by Matthaus » Tue. May. 04, 2010 9:28 pm

Flyer5 wrote:Well we made it through our first season as the new owners of Leisure Line Stove Co. I would like to say Thank You to everyone who has supported us in this adventure . We have met a lot of great people and look forward to meeting more as we progress in business . There have been some challenges and sacrifices to say the least . But our terrific customers and dealers really make it worth while . I am looking forward to the next season and can't wait to help a few more people keep there heating costs down and away from foreign oil . Thanks you , Dave .
As a matter of fact I do! :) Let me also add that without the great many sacrifices that Jerry (and Karen) made in creating the business we would not be here, Thanks Jer (and Karen)!

brckwlt

Post by brckwlt » Tue. May. 04, 2010 9:43 pm

I don't think two nicer guys could own stove company, and hopefully someday when I can afford another coal burning appliance it will be a Leisure Line :D

Flyer5
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Post by Flyer5 » Wed. May. 05, 2010 8:53 pm

Matthaus wrote:
Flyer5 wrote:Well we made it through our first season as the new owners of Leisure Line Stove Co. I would like to say Thank You to everyone who has supported us in this adventure . We have met a lot of great people and look forward to meeting more as we progress in business . There have been some challenges and sacrifices to say the least . But our terrific customers and dealers really make it worth while . I am looking forward to the next season and can't wait to help a few more people keep there heating costs down and away from foreign oil . Thanks you , Dave .
As a matter of fact I do! :) Let me also add that without the great many sacrifices that Jerry (and Karen) made in creating the business we would not be here, Thanks Jer (and Karen)!
Jerry who?? :D

Actually I considered them some of the people supporting us :D . Thanks Jer and Karen .

MiscCheetah

Post by MiscCheetah » Wed. May. 05, 2010 9:35 pm

Good luck!! I know you will do well. What are your plans for the future? Ever consider making a very small coal stoker? I've got a sun room that if I put a current stoker in it would be to hot to tolerate and space would be tight. something smaller in the future? maybe 30 or 40K input?

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Wed. May. 05, 2010 10:04 pm

I can't speak for LL but I think the issue becomes that smaller doesn't actually mean cheaper especially since you probably wouldn't have a lot of demand for them. If you look at the Econo it's only about $2175 and has 70KBTU, you can get a HyFire2 for $3125 and it has 180K BTU which is more than a 150% gain in BTU output for only 50% more cost than the Econo. You wouldn't save that much on a smaller model, the only benefit over the Econo would be a smaller package. Since it's a stoker you should be able to use the Econo in a small area.

Perhaps that's good question for LL, how small a room can you go?

SMITTY
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 Highboy
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Post by SMITTY » Wed. May. 05, 2010 11:28 pm

First season of a many decade run, we all hope! :up: 8-)

Companies like yours are few & far between nowadays - you could say they have become a thing of the past. Kudos to you guys for carrying on in a good way, instead of the greedy way. Without even looking at what your selling, I'd still buy a stoker from you guys just based on positive word of mouth, even if I knew nothing of your products. I'd have no problem supporting a GOOD company.

Hopefully my financial situation will improve & allow me to do so! ;)

MiscCheetah

Post by MiscCheetah » Thu. May. 06, 2010 4:34 pm

Richard S. wrote:I can't speak for LL but I think the issue becomes that smaller doesn't actually mean cheaper especially since you probably wouldn't have a lot of demand for them. If you look at the Econo it's only about $2175 and has 70KBTU, you can get a HyFire2 for $3125 and it has 180K BTU which is more than a 150% gain in BTU output for only 50% more cost than the Econo. You wouldn't save that much on a smaller model, the only benefit over the Econo would be a smaller package. Since it's a stoker you should be able to use the Econo in a small area.

Perhaps that's good question for LL, how small a room can you go?
Indeed! That is a good question! In my case it's physical size and even the Econo is just physically to big. My porch is long but very slender and there is just no need for that high of an output or size... I wonder if LL would custom build one.. worth Asking! I think I'll post that question!

Thanks for the Idea!!

Return to “Sales Announcements & Other Information From Business's”