First Season With LL

If you are business you can use this forum for advertising purposes. List your business, sales and service announcements etc.
Forum Rules
ATTN Business owners: You may advertise your companies coal related products and services for free in this section of the forum. Use the "Contact Admin" link at the bottom of any page or send a private message to Richard S. to become a "Verified Business Rep" so you can start new topics here.

Also note you are encouraged to respond to topics started by other members in other forums about your business. You may also start topics in other forums about your products if they are informational. As an example if you are a manufacturer of coal boilers you may start a topic in the boiler section on how to service it.
Post Reply
User avatar
Flyer5
Verified Business Rep.
Posts: 10382
Joined: Sun. Oct. 21, 2007 4:23 pm
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer
Location: Montrose PA
Contact:

Post Tue. May. 04, 2010 7:29 pm

Well we made it through our first season as the new owners of Leisure Line Stove Co. I would like to say Thank You to everyone who has supported us in this adventure . We have met a lot of great people and look forward to meeting more as we progress in business . There have been some challenges and sacrifices to say the least . But our terrific customers and dealers really make it worth while . I am looking forward to the next season and can't wait to help a few more people keep there heating costs down and away from foreign oil . Thanks you , Dave .


I am sure Matt feels the same way :D .
http://www.leisurelinestove.com


You know when people say it was "better back in my day"?

They were right.

User avatar
Matthaus
Verified Business Rep.
Posts: 1929
Joined: Mon. Oct. 02, 2006 8:59 am
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110 Dual Fuel, natural gas
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Lil' Heater (rental house)
Coal Size/Type: Rice and Buckwheat Anthracite
Location: Wilkes Barre, PA

Post Tue. May. 04, 2010 9:28 pm

Flyer5 wrote:Well we made it through our first season as the new owners of Leisure Line Stove Co. I would like to say Thank You to everyone who has supported us in this adventure . We have met a lot of great people and look forward to meeting more as we progress in business . There have been some challenges and sacrifices to say the least . But our terrific customers and dealers really make it worth while . I am looking forward to the next season and can't wait to help a few more people keep there heating costs down and away from foreign oil . Thanks you , Dave .
I am sure Matt feels the same way :D .


As a matter of fact I do! :) Let me also add that without the great many sacrifices that Jerry (and Karen) made in creating the business we would not be here, Thanks Jer (and Karen)!
Matthaus
Leisure Line Stove Company
http://www.leisurelinestoves.com/

User avatar
brckwlt
Member
Posts: 2743
Joined: Tue. Jan. 27, 2009 8:32 pm
Stove/Furnace Make: Axeman-Anderson
Stove/Furnace Model: Rebuilt 1953 AA-130
Location: Sunbury, PA

Post Tue. May. 04, 2010 9:43 pm

I don't think two nicer guys could own stove company, and hopefully someday when I can afford another coal burning appliance it will be a Leisure Line :D
burning pea coal from harmony mine, picked up in my 2002 Pontiac "Coalfire"


User avatar
Flyer5
Verified Business Rep.
Posts: 10382
Joined: Sun. Oct. 21, 2007 4:23 pm
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer
Location: Montrose PA
Contact:

Post Wed. May. 05, 2010 8:53 pm

Matthaus wrote:
Flyer5 wrote:Well we made it through our first season as the new owners of Leisure Line Stove Co. I would like to say Thank You to everyone who has supported us in this adventure . We have met a lot of great people and look forward to meeting more as we progress in business . There have been some challenges and sacrifices to say the least . But our terrific customers and dealers really make it worth while . I am looking forward to the next season and can't wait to help a few more people keep there heating costs down and away from foreign oil . Thanks you , Dave .
I am sure Matt feels the same way :D .


As a matter of fact I do! :) Let me also add that without the great many sacrifices that Jerry (and Karen) made in creating the business we would not be here, Thanks Jer (and Karen)!


Jerry who?? :D

Actually I considered them some of the people supporting us :D . Thanks Jer and Karen .
http://www.leisurelinestove.com


You know when people say it was "better back in my day"?

They were right.

User avatar
MiscCheetah
Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun. Mar. 21, 2010 2:55 pm
Stove/Furnace Make: Alaska
Stove/Furnace Model: Kast Console
Location: Brookline NH
Contact:

Post Wed. May. 05, 2010 9:35 pm

Good luck!! I know you will do well. What are your plans for the future? Ever consider making a very small coal stoker? I've got a sun room that if I put a current stoker in it would be to hot to tolerate and space would be tight. something smaller in the future? maybe 30 or 40K input?
-Miscellaneous Cheetah: (1) A little furry thing that enjoys watching movies and drinking coffee. (2) A German Shepherd and Great Dane Breeder in Southern NH

User avatar
Richard S.
Mayor
Posts: 12707
Joined: Fri. Oct. 01, 2004 8:35 pm
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite
Location: NEPA

Post Wed. May. 05, 2010 10:04 pm

I can't speak for LL but I think the issue becomes that smaller doesn't actually mean cheaper especially since you probably wouldn't have a lot of demand for them. If you look at the Econo it's only about $2175 and has 70KBTU, you can get a HyFire2 for $3125 and it has 180K BTU which is more than a 150% gain in BTU output for only 50% more cost than the Econo. You wouldn't save that much on a smaller model, the only benefit over the Econo would be a smaller package. Since it's a stoker you should be able to use the Econo in a small area.

Perhaps that's good question for LL, how small a room can you go?
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."

- Albert Einstein


User avatar
SMITTY
Member
Posts: 11915
Joined: Sun. Dec. 11, 2005 12:43 pm
Stoker Coal Boiler: Patriot Coal - (custom built by Jim Dorsey, Taunton MA - RIP 4/18/13)
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III (SOLD!)
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler
Location: West-Central Mass

Post Wed. May. 05, 2010 11:28 pm

First season of a many decade run, we all hope! :up: 8-)

Companies like yours are few & far between nowadays - you could say they have become a thing of the past. Kudos to you guys for carrying on in a good way, instead of the greedy way. Without even looking at what your selling, I'd still buy a stoker from you guys just based on positive word of mouth, even if I knew nothing of your products. I'd have no problem supporting a GOOD company.

Hopefully my financial situation will improve & allow me to do so! ;)
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are
neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. ...Such laws make things worse
for the assaulted and better for the assailants, they serve rather to
encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with
greater confidence than an armed man."

- Thomas Jefferson, quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria in "On
Crimes and Punishment."

User avatar
MiscCheetah
Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun. Mar. 21, 2010 2:55 pm
Stove/Furnace Make: Alaska
Stove/Furnace Model: Kast Console
Location: Brookline NH
Contact:

Post Thu. May. 06, 2010 4:34 pm

Richard S. wrote:I can't speak for LL but I think the issue becomes that smaller doesn't actually mean cheaper especially since you probably wouldn't have a lot of demand for them. If you look at the Econo it's only about $2175 and has 70KBTU, you can get a HyFire2 for $3125 and it has 180K BTU which is more than a 150% gain in BTU output for only 50% more cost than the Econo. You wouldn't save that much on a smaller model, the only benefit over the Econo would be a smaller package. Since it's a stoker you should be able to use the Econo in a small area.

Perhaps that's good question for LL, how small a room can you go?


Indeed! That is a good question! In my case it's physical size and even the Econo is just physically to big. My porch is long but very slender and there is just no need for that high of an output or size... I wonder if LL would custom build one.. worth Asking! I think I'll post that question!

Thanks for the Idea!!
-Miscellaneous Cheetah: (1) A little furry thing that enjoys watching movies and drinking coffee. (2) A German Shepherd and Great Dane Breeder in Southern NH

Post Reply

Return to “Sales Announcements & Other Information From Business's”