What Would You Like Changed/Added on the LL Website?

Forum rules
ATTN Business owners: You may advertise your companies coal related products and services for free in this section of the forum. Use the "Contact Admin" link at the bottom of any page or send a private message to Richard S. to become a "Verified Business Rep" so you can start new topics here.

Also note you are encouraged to respond to topics started by other members in other forums about your business. You may also start topics in other forums about your products if they are informational. As an example if you are a manufacturer of coal boilers you may start a topic in the boiler section on how to service it.

PC 12-47E
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Estate Heatrola, Jotul 507

Post by PC 12-47E » Wed. Nov. 04, 2009 6:57 am

Add pictures of the back side of the stoves ( Back Vent Models ). Or 360* views of the stoves. This will help with intallation possibilities for stove buyers.

Congrats, Flyer5 & Matthaus !! 8-)

PC-12

Art_Baxtr

Post by Art_Baxtr » Wed. Nov. 04, 2009 9:27 am

I would have to say the color scheme could use a bit of work along with the menu coloring. The white Menu links can a be a bit tough to read. An online parts section, would be great for replacement parts. More views of each stove that is offered. That may help customers get a better picture of what they are looking at. And last I would say that Testimonials are always a plus for new customers to see.

xackley

Post by xackley » Wed. Nov. 04, 2009 11:00 am

Who is steward3 and why do I want his/her email address?
Why is there an empty menu box all the way down the right hand side of the home page.
Clicking the link for the manual gets you stuck in the manual. Page back does not work. The manual should probably open in a new session.
Where is the link to the Coal-Trol?
As above
views from all sides.
white lettering does not work.
Make the links all look like the products page so navigation works the same, no matter which page you are on.

CSCPeter

Post by CSCPeter » Thu. Nov. 05, 2009 10:24 pm

Dealer map or finder, like enter your zip code and find one within20, 30, 50 or so miles away

Flyer5
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Post by Flyer5 » Fri. Nov. 06, 2009 5:29 pm

CSCPeter wrote:Dealer map or finder, like enter your zip code and find one within20, 30, 50 or so miles away
That's a great idea . That one will surely be added .As you can guess its still a little chaotic but getting better everyday. We finally were able to get our UPS software working today . Dave

Matthaus

Post by Matthaus » Mon. Nov. 09, 2009 7:41 pm

Check the site, we made a few changes, let us know what you think. :)

009to090

Post by 009to090 » Mon. Nov. 09, 2009 8:11 pm

Matt, can the installation manual DVD be posted on the LL site to view directly? That might save you a couple bucks per DVD, from having to make them up and getting them to the dealers.

Matthaus

Post by Matthaus » Tue. Nov. 10, 2009 7:53 am

DVC500 at last wrote:Matt, can the installation manual DVD be posted on the LL site to view directly? That might save you a couple bucks per DVD, from having to make them up and getting them to the dealers.
Yes, working on that, we will still ship one with every stove. Also working on the way the manual loads, need to have it in a new window so the folks that don't know the trick of a quick double back button click to get out of there will be happy. :)

Overall I am working to add as much information as possible such as stove lighting tips, cleaning and maint procedures with pictures, a Coal-Trol tutorial video, and many other little tidbits as time permits.

Thanks for the feedback, we appreciate every input and suggestion, even though right now we have been slow to implement due to other priorities we will be working to continuously improve our site.

cbc6
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Hyfire II
Coal Size/Type: rice

Post by cbc6 » Tue. Nov. 10, 2009 6:49 pm

quickly done and a very nice job:D

Rick 386
Stoker Coal Boiler: AA 260 heating both sides of twin farmhouse
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Hyfire II w/ coaltrol in garage
Coal Size/Type: Pea in AA 260, Rice in LL Hyfire II
Other Heating: Gas fired infared at work

Post by Rick 386 » Tue. Nov. 10, 2009 10:51 pm

Matt and Dave,

Nice job on the color change to the website.

A few things I noticed:

On the products page, on the top banner, I think you should add the address and phone number on the banner.

The specs for the Pocono BV, Hearth, and Hyfire are in black and don't show up as well on the dark gray background (At least on my screen) I do like all of the other type in white. Very easy to read.

At the bottom of the page. the bright blue on the "Domestic Hot Water Coil", "Installation Manual", and the link for domestic water coil installation are a little hard on the eyes on that background.

My mom said to stop or I'd need glasses. :nono: I'm wearing them and still have a hard time seeing at times. :mad3:

And I'm not gonna stop until I need trifocals !!!!! :no1: :crazy: :what: :woot: :funny:

When I get time, I'll check the other pages

Rick

Matthaus

Post by Matthaus » Wed. Nov. 11, 2009 5:51 am

Thanks for the feedback Rick, will try and get those changes done tonight. :)

traderfjp

Post by traderfjp » Wed. Nov. 11, 2009 10:03 am

I like the intro on the main page which does a good job of selling coal stoves. The buttons on the left are small and the colors don't go together, imho. You might want to try several colors and have forum members vote on the best. It might be cool to have some testimonials and videos showing the stoves in operation. For not to0 much money you can get a model to walk on to the screen and introduce the brand.

stokin-railroad

Post by stokin-railroad » Wed. Nov. 11, 2009 11:22 am

Matt, the blue color in your "welcome to" greeting is hard on the eyes. color to background makes that shade of blue hard to look at or distorted. hope things are going well for yourself and Dave.

Art_Baxtr

Post by Art_Baxtr » Wed. Nov. 11, 2009 2:16 pm

Much better Color scheme and layout compared to the old one. Nice work gentlemen. :) :)

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Wed. Nov. 11, 2009 3:10 pm

I'd like to see a little button at the bottom of the home page that says "Everyone named Fred get's a free Pioneer". <evil grin>

My only real suggestion....on the home page in the upper right corner you have a white "business card". I think it should have more of a margin. The text touches touches the sides of the rectangle leavingvery little or no "negative space". In the sign world "negative space" is a good thing. Even if the white rectangle stayed the same size and the entire text and graphics were a bit smaller it would look better because of more negative space. Also I might center "stove company" under "Leisure Line". maybe not, but I'd try it & see which way looks better.

OK... back to that button....... :)

Return to “Sales Announcements & Other Information From Business's”