Leisure Line New Ownership

Forum rules
ATTN Business owners: You may advertise your companies coal related products and services for free in this section of the forum. Use the "Contact Admin" link at the bottom of any page or send a private message to Richard S. to become a "Verified Business Rep" so you can start new topics here.

Also note you are encouraged to respond to topics started by other members in other forums about your business. You may also start topics in other forums about your products if they are informational. As an example if you are a manufacturer of coal boilers you may start a topic in the boiler section on how to service it.

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Thu. Nov. 05, 2009 2:42 am

Flyer5 wrote:nyone here really good with quickbooks ?
Didn't I just read someplace that Quickbooks is shutting it's doors? No more sales, no more updates? I'm not positive, but before you start spending time learning it, check to make sure it's not going the way of the dinosaurs.

whistlenut
Stoker Coal Boiler: AA130's,260's, AHS130&260's,EFM900,GJ & V-Wert
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Franks,Itasca 415,Jensen, NYer 130,Van Wert
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska, EFM, Keystoker, Yellow Flame
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska, Keystoker-2,Leisure Line
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Alaska, Gibraltar, Keystone,Vc Vigilant 2
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Ford, Jensen, NYer, Van Wert,
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwoods
Coal Size/Type: Barley, Buck, Rice ,Nut, Stove
Other Heating: Oil HWBB

Post by whistlenut » Thu. Nov. 05, 2009 6:10 am

I wonder if you were sleep deprived when you thought you read this......anything is possible, but highly unlikely for Quicken to phase out this popular program.

PS: Good morning, nice sunrise, 26 here............Wonder if Bob up near the border is frozen over yet? :shock: :shock:

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Thu. Nov. 05, 2009 1:14 pm

Here's a link to what I read. I don't use either so I dunno...is Quicken & Quick books the same thing? At least I found it & know I'm not crazy!

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17939_109-10375357-2.ht ... ag=nl.e776

Scotttique

Post by Scotttique » Thu. Nov. 05, 2009 1:59 pm

Quicken is a personal financial software for home finances. They will end up merging the best of Quicken and Mint which is a more Gen Y software. QuickBooks isn't going anywhere, they have a large majority of the small business population. Flyer5, I'm a CFO of a couple of construction companies here in Baltimore and am very familiar with Quickbooks... PM me if I can help.

WARM AS TOAST
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Andersen AA130-M

Post by WARM AS TOAST » Thu. Nov. 05, 2009 3:57 pm

Hey guys,
I know it may be overwhelming when you look at what you have ahead of you. Remember this...BY THE INCH IT'S A CINCH....BY THE YARD IT'S HARD. One step at a time. You guys will do great.

Al

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Thu. Nov. 05, 2009 5:09 pm

Got my gaskets! Thanks guys! Great service so far!! :)

Flyer5
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Post by Flyer5 » Thu. Nov. 05, 2009 6:44 pm

Scotttique wrote: Flyer5, I'm a CFO of a couple of construction companies here in Baltimore and am very familiar with Quickbooks... PM me if I can help.
Thanks ,I may take you up on that when we are trying to set up assemblies with inventory and sub assy's . I would like to have it set so the pull downs give the product and the price is automatically figured . It dosen't look to difficult but the time it will take to figure that out ,I just don't have and would rather learn by other people progress/mistakes . Thanks ,Dave

CSCPeter

Post by CSCPeter » Thu. Nov. 05, 2009 10:19 pm

We used to use quickbooks and a sales program and then inventory just was a mess and it all did not communicate with each other. This year we started using the program IDEAL, and it does sales, inventory, purchase order, stock levels, all your reports you get with quickbooks, and does all accounting. It does have te feature of selecting a stove and then you link it to what options are available for that stove, so you don't have to go finding the options. A little bit of a learning curve that we are still learning, but it is pretty nice to use.

Paulie

Post by Paulie » Fri. Nov. 06, 2009 8:46 am

I use quick books with mixed results. I have an older version, basically tracking service customer,invoices, balances,
etc. It is O.K., but tedious and in many instances, horrible. If you are starting from scratch, I would find something else.
Good Luck!

CoalHeat
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1959 EFM 350
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Magnafire Mark I
Baseburners & Antiques: Sears Signal Oak 15 & Andes Kitchen Range
Coal Size/Type: Rice and Chestnut
Other Heating: Fisher Fireplace Insert

Post by CoalHeat » Fri. Nov. 06, 2009 9:21 am

I have Quicken Home And Business, it works well for my small business. I looked at Quickbooks and even spoke to a rep by phone about it. I couldn't find anything in Quickbooks that my present program didn't offer. Quickbooks had more bells and whistles that I didn't need. I don't think the program I have is detailed enough for a large full time operation. I'd look around at the other products available before making a decision.

BlackRockBurner

Post by BlackRockBurner » Tue. Nov. 17, 2009 2:23 pm

Hi Dave, it's Mark G. from the E&I shop. Just wanted to say hello and tell everyone that I worked with Dave for more than 10 years, closely for the last 5+ years. I would like the current and future Leisure Line stove owners to know the the company has been bought by a real intelligent, stand-up guy whom I always enjoyed working with. I personally feel your in very good hands, and want to wish Dave and his partners the best of luck with their new venture. We miss ya back in the shop, (Kenny misses you for sure, lol) but I'm sure your happier now. Keep in touch.

Mark

Flyer5
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Post by Flyer5 » Tue. Nov. 17, 2009 3:04 pm

BlackRockBurner wrote:Hi Dave, it's Mark G. from the E&I shop. Just wanted to say hello and tell everyone that I worked with Dave for more than 10 years, closely for the last 5+ years. I would like the current and future Leisure Line stove owners to know the the company has been bought by a real intelligent, stand-up guy whom I always enjoyed working with. I personally feel your in very good hands, and want to wish Dave and his partners the best of luck with their new venture. We miss ya back in the shop, (Kenny misses you for sure, lol) but I'm sure your happier now. Keep in touch.

Mark
Hey Mark,
Thanks for the kind words . I cant say that I miss the place but I do miss the great people that I worked with . I have to say one of the most ingenious groups I have known . I was incredible the mixture of talents encountered there . Anytime you are in the Berwick area stop in . I will probably be here I am not sure I ever leave sometimes . Kenny will have his hands full for sure in that department . See Ya . Dave

lincolnmania
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 350
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: reading allegheny stoker
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: alaska kodiak stoker 1986. 1987 triburner, 1987 crane diamond
Coal Size/Type: rice

Post by lincolnmania » Wed. Nov. 18, 2009 1:30 am

congrats guys!
matt you have always helped me with my coal stove needs.......i will be buying a leisure line econo in the future

Cap
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman SF 250, domestic hot water loop, heat accumulator
Coal Size/Type: Nut and Stove
Other Heating: Heat Pumps

Post by Cap » Wed. Nov. 18, 2009 8:50 pm

Wow! I missed this post at the end of Oct. 18 days ago. Gosh, I'm too busy with my newer job. :oops:

I have one questions

Matt-
Here I thought you were the semi-retired king of the reworked metal & plate shop & the master motorbike restorer.
Do you have a BMW for sale?

Gentlemen, Enjoy the new careers.

Matthaus

Post by Matthaus » Thu. Nov. 19, 2009 11:37 am

Sorry Cap, you missed the beamers, I sold them both last month. :(

Return to “Sales Announcements & Other Information From Business's”