Coal Gun Now UL Listed

Forum rules
ATTN Business owners: You may advertise your companies coal related products and services for free in this section of the forum. Use the "Contact Admin" link at the bottom of any page or send a private message to Richard S. to become a "Verified Business Rep" so you can start new topics here.

Also note you are encouraged to respond to topics started by other members in other forums about your business. You may also start topics in other forums about your products if they are informational. As an example if you are a manufacturer of coal boilers you may start a topic in the boiler section on how to service it.

PatrickAHS

Post by PatrickAHS » Mon. Oct. 05, 2009 3:42 pm

Underwriter’s Laboratories testing of the Coal Gun(TM) coal stoker boiler was completed earlier this year and UL listed versions of the popular stoker boiler will be available for shipment on October 9, 2009.

Alternate Heating Systems now manufactures one of a select few UL Listed coal stoker boilers presently available. The Coal Gun has demonstrated that it meets rigorous UL standards for safety. These standards have been created to provide assurance of safety regarding fire and electrical hazards associated with solid fuel boilers.

Many states and municipalities require safety agency tested boilers and now there is a solid fuel alternative that meets this requirement. The Coal Gun stoker boiler burns Anthracite coal, graded in the pea or buckwheat sizes. Anthracite coal, also known as hard coal, is mined in northeast Pennsylvania and is widely available throughout the northeastern United States.

whistlenut
Stoker Coal Boiler: AA130's,260's, AHS130&260's,EFM900,GJ & V-Wert
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Franks,Itasca 415,Jensen, NYer 130,Van Wert
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska, EFM, Keystoker, Yellow Flame
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska, Keystoker-2,Leisure Line
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Alaska, Gibraltar, Keystone,Vc Vigilant 2
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Ford, Jensen, NYer, Van Wert,
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwoods
Coal Size/Type: Barley, Buck, Rice ,Nut, Stove
Other Heating: Oil HWBB

Post by whistlenut » Mon. Oct. 05, 2009 7:12 pm

One more bit of good news for a fine product line! All you have to do is get folks to try one and they are hooked.
Hard work, great fabrication, and a long history of doing what needs to be done, then improving it constantly....try importing that! Nice to support your neighbors, right here in the USA.
:notworthy: :secret: :flex: :discuss: :band: :pepsi:

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Mon. Oct. 05, 2009 7:14 pm

Wooohoooo!! That's great news!

tom69z

Post by tom69z » Wed. Sep. 01, 2010 12:19 pm

SUPER ! I may hook mine up and see what all the fuss is about over these units. its the only way I'll know for sure just how well they work.....

Yanche
Stoker Coal Boiler: Alternate Heating Systems S-130
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Pea

Post by Yanche » Wed. Sep. 01, 2010 12:57 pm

I saw some of the UL approved 130's when I was at the factory last summer (2009). At that point UL testing was done and they were awaiting the paperwork approval.

The design has be improved to make loading coal easier. The coal funnel is now square rather than round. It also sits lower into the boiler. Both design changes reduce the funnel height above the floor making filling the hopper easier. The new square funnel still has the same volume as the old round one. The bearings on the grate crank are also improved. They are now pillow blocks, rather than pressed-in bronze bushings.

I also don't think Patrick works for AHS anymore.

BENAHSMAN

Post by BENAHSMAN » Wed. Oct. 20, 2010 2:22 pm

Greetings from AHS!! I am Ben and I work for AHS. I would love to answer any questions you may have.

PatrickAHS

Post by PatrickAHS » Fri. Oct. 22, 2010 11:16 am

Yanche wrote:I saw some of the UL approved 130's when I was at the factory last summer (2009). At that point UL testing was done and they were awaiting the paperwork approval.

The design has be improved to make loading coal easier. The coal funnel is now square rather than round. It also sits lower into the boiler. Both design changes reduce the funnel height above the floor making filling the hopper easier. The new square funnel still has the same volume as the old round one. The bearings on the grate crank are also improved. They are now pillow blocks, rather than pressed-in bronze bushings.

I also don't think Patrick works for AHS anymore.
You are correct, Yanche. I no longer work there. But, it looks like they have someone who is willing to answer your questions. Jeff is still with the company as well, all though not as CEO (go figure? guy builds the company and then gets demoted). The other big loss is Carl Forney who was an expert on the boilers. He had been involved with them for years and was one of the best technical guys I have ever met. He too, has moved on to greener pastures. In any case I am going to attempt to be on the board as much as possible and will try to answer any of your questions that I can.

Paulie

Post by Paulie » Thu. Nov. 04, 2010 9:17 am

Sounds like some house cleaning there. Hope it does not effect the product. Hope those who have jumped(pushed off?) ship
landed safely some where else.

Return to “Sales Announcements & Other Information From Business's”