Drive arm keeps going into "neutral"

lebdog74
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat
Other Heating: Oil backup

Post by lebdog74 » Sun. Feb. 12, 2023 9:42 am

I have a KA-6 that I'm having trouble with the drive arm popping out. I'm wondering if the spring could be weak. A month ago I was having the same problem and discovered that the push bar in the hopper was seized up. I cleaned it up, wire brushed everything I could and sprayed it with PB Blaster. The pusher bar moved freely. While I was in there, I scraped the coal tray while I had the hopper off as well. After I rebuild the fire, it runs anywhere from 12 hrs or so to a couple day before the arm will disengage again. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks. Also I have acquired a secondary blower fan. Does anyone have a pic or wiring diagram showing where to run the power from? Thanks

nepacoal
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KAA-4 / "Kelly" and an EFM 520 at my in-laws
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Harman SF-260 - retired
Coal Size/Type: Buck

Post by nepacoal » Sun. Feb. 12, 2023 9:47 am

Page 11 for the wiring diagram...

Attachments

Hot-Water-Boiler.pdf
.PDF | 904.1KB | Hot-Water-Boiler.pdf

Retro_Origin
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1957 Axeman Anderson 130
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat / Pea

Post by Retro_Origin » Sun. Feb. 12, 2023 12:22 pm

lebdog74 wrote:
Sun. Feb. 12, 2023 9:42 am
I have a KA-6 that I'm having trouble with the drive arm popping out. I'm wondering if the spring could be weak. A month ago I was having the same problem and discovered that the push bar in the hopper was seized up. I cleaned it up, wire brushed everything I could and sprayed it with PB Blaster. The pusher bar moved freely. While I was in there, I scraped the coal tray while I had the hopper off as well. After I rebuild the fire, it runs anywhere from 12 hrs or so to a couple day before the arm will disengage again. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks. Also I have acquired a secondary blower fan. Does anyone have a pic or wiring diagram showing where to run the power from? Thanks
I hope you don't take this as discouragement but I wish I hadn't gotten a secondary blower. It only ever made my fire go out more readily. Others on here both agree and disagree. Not sure about your other issue. Pictures help!
Last edited by Retro_Origin on Sun. Feb. 12, 2023 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

waytomany?s
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark II
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Looking
Baseburners & Antiques: Looking
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: newmac wood/coal combo furnace

Post by waytomany?s » Sun. Feb. 12, 2023 8:52 pm

lebdog74 wrote:
Sun. Feb. 12, 2023 9:42 am
You run bit coal in that ?

Return to “Coal Stoker Boilers & Hot Air Furnaces/Stoves Using Bituminous”