Anyone heard of MBTEC boilers.

Holdencoal

Post by Holdencoal » Sat. Jan. 01, 2022 9:23 pm

Is the fan turning or is it locked solid? I’m assuming you checked the capacitor?

https://mplusm.com.pl/files/karta_kat_wpa133%20(EBM).pdf

I would check your sticker on the fan and call one if two places.

I’d call ebm papst in Farmington Ct and see if they have a local dealer that has the fan motor in stock if it’s a R2E 140-AL33-ZG

Or call S&P for the RF2C-140/059 K147

https://www.ebmpapst.com/us/en/home.html
https://www.soler-palauinc.com
Last edited by Holdencoal on Sun. Jan. 02, 2022 12:13 am, edited 4 times in total.

carlherrnstein
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: combustioneer model 77B
Coal Size/Type: pea stoker/Ohio bituminous

Post by carlherrnstein » Sat. Jan. 01, 2022 10:22 pm

Looks like you are on your own. Tractor supply sells motors, pulleys, belts and pillowbocks. You will have to make somthing work. It will be easier than building a controller.

LancePrice
Stoker Coal Boiler: MBTEK
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite

Post by LancePrice » Wed. Jan. 19, 2022 8:48 pm

Update! I am currently burning coal again 6 weeks later... kids are in their beds!

Still waiting on the original fan of course, only because I can't return it.

@carlherrnstein I modified the WPA133 fan with a 1/2hp on a VFD to get the exact rpm I had before. It was difficult and time consuming to try to get the perfect center on the fan drilled out to bolt on a coupling. Ultimately I had to fab up a multipiece cross joint coupling that allowed for a little play. Alignment was still troublesome but it's quiet for now.

@Holdencoal I tried contacting MplusM and ebmpapst. MplusM was difficult to get info, 2 week till ship on all custom orders. Ebmpapst in Connecticut was by a far the most caring in service, but were unable to cross the bureaucracy of their European divisions and sell me a non-USA marketed motor. We looked for similar USA marketed products but were unable to find anything close enough and in stock.

Both of your ideas helped me come up with mine, so thank you. ;)

Holdencoal

Post by Holdencoal » Wed. Jan. 19, 2022 9:14 pm

Glad you got it fixed

ASea
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Kast Console II
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Coal Chubby
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114, Glenwood 30 "Estate" Warm Morning 120
Coal Size/Type: Sherman Anthracite Nut/Stove from C&T Coal
Other Heating: Peerless Boiler with Cast Iron Baseboards

Post by ASea » Sun. Nov. 20, 2022 7:05 pm

Just saw Lance's review. I guess that's all I need to know.

KingdomForestry

Post by KingdomForestry » Tue. Dec. 06, 2022 7:44 pm

Lance,

I just want to thank you for your honest review. I am a mechanical engineer with a decent amount of controls/ automation experience, so I understand your perils. I thought the MBTec wood (or coal) boiler was a fantastic looking deal with reasonably good craftsmanship. I assumed the pricing was due to lower wages in that part of the world; guess I was wrong.

Very grateful for your review. I don't plan on buying their unit ever. Going to stick with American made or design my own.

Thank You,
Jeff R.

Return to “Coal Stoker Boilers & Hot Air Furnaces/Stoves Using Bituminous”