Anyone heard of MBTEC boilers.

bksaun
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Legacy SF-270
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 503
Coal Size/Type: Stoker/Bit, Pea or Nut Anthracite

Post by bksaun » Mon. Jan. 15, 2018 8:09 am

http://mbtek.ca/item/eko-duo

Looks like a new bit boiler, never heard them mentioned here.

Bk

bksaun

Post by bksaun » Mon. Jan. 15, 2018 10:01 am

Anyone heard of MBTEC boilers, looks like a bit boiler, never heard of them on here.

McGiever
Stoker Coal Boiler: AXEMAN-ANDERSON 130 "1959"
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: BUCKET A DAY water heater
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning 414A
Coal Size/Type: PEA,NUT,STOVE /ANTHRACITE
Other Heating: Ground Source Heat Pump and some Solar

Post by McGiever » Mon. Jan. 15, 2018 10:57 am

Nope, but it is very interesting.

Price for unit is not too bad by US standards either, for any US stoker model.

Not an outdoor model like a lot of current bit stokers are.

Might it do anthracite???

But then, a decent bit stoker could be a game changer as for the cost savings for fuel goes, for where bit is readable available to be had.

franco b
Site Moderator
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Post by franco b » Mon. Jan. 15, 2018 2:22 pm

Country of manufacture is not stated. I know some stokers are made in Poland.

McGiever

Post by McGiever » Mon. Jan. 15, 2018 2:46 pm

franco b wrote:
Mon. Jan. 15, 2018 2:22 pm
Country of manufacture is not stated. I know some stokers are made in Poland.

from web site...
Made in Belarus - High Quality European Construction

lsayre
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW), ComfortMax 75

Post by lsayre » Mon. Jan. 15, 2018 3:18 pm

I wonder why they can only be shipped to Canadian addresses? Half or less the price of an American made boiler. $4,000 Canadian = $3,219 US

coaledsweat
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by coaledsweat » Mon. Jan. 15, 2018 3:26 pm

I would avoid it like the plauge.

bksaun

Post by bksaun » Tue. Jan. 16, 2018 12:58 pm

The more I look into this the more something doesn’t seem right
I think something is fishy!
I called the contact number and the person that answered didn’t speak good English and was not very knowledgeable about the boiler, said they would have a technician call me back, so 5 minuets later one did, not much difference; his answers seemed canned, very vague. He couldn’t tell me the diameter of the auger. He stated they were just starting to sell these units and were expecting a shipment in February. He said he was French Canadian, but the accent was not what I thought French Canadian would sound like.
Maybe one of you guys who lives much further north might have an ear for it.

Maybe I’m just too cautious, pessimistic and untrusting!

He further stated the units we 10% less than the eBay price in you purched direct, so that equates to $2880.00 To be honest it sounds too good to be true.

coaledsweat
Site Moderator

Post by coaledsweat » Tue. Jan. 16, 2018 1:08 pm

Can ou imagine trying to get parts from Belarus? Never mind the funky boiler. Multi fuel boilers arent what you want to burn anthracite.

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Tue. Jan. 16, 2018 2:32 pm

He said he was French Canadian, but the accent was not what I thought French Canadian would sound like.
Maybe one of you guys who lives much further north might have an ear for it.
I might have to call just for a laugh.

bksaun

Post by bksaun » Tue. Jan. 16, 2018 3:06 pm

Please do, I’d like to know what you think.

The tech said it would burn anthracite, but the instruction manual says no.

I would feel much better about possibly buying one if they had a dealer in the USA

coaledsweat
Site Moderator

Post by coaledsweat » Tue. Jan. 16, 2018 3:11 pm

If you want to burn anthracite, I recommend you buy an appliance designed to burn it. Anthracite doesn't like a compromise, it wants it its way or no way.

bksaun

Post by bksaun » Tue. Jan. 16, 2018 5:05 pm

I’m burning bit in a gentleman janitor now, I have issues with the auger due to the size of my coal, it’s designed to burn buckwheat size anthracite, my bit is pea stoker size so the auger has to break pieces occasionally. Puts a lot of wear on the coupling and breaks often. The cost to deliver anthracite to Kentucky is very high, $250.00 a ton or more, I pay $100.00 a ton for bituminous delivered. So if I could find a decent boiler designed for it, I would jump on one, hence my interest.

McGiever

Post by McGiever » Tue. Jan. 16, 2018 5:58 pm

Bksaun,

Go to link and scroll down page to see Polish Stoker Auger size and other features.
Not Belarus one but similar. :)

New Boiler Build for New Steam System.

LancePrice
Stoker Coal Boiler: MBTEK
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite

Post by LancePrice » Sat. Jan. 01, 2022 8:27 pm

Yes, I have an EKO Duo 55 it's a mechanically well built boiler but I have a great story for those that want to buy from them. To skip the story, just avoid them. Although the metal fabrication of their unit seems great, its everything else that has brought me here to tell you they are a truly careless and terrible company thru and thru.

I bought my system off of ebay (yup, I'm a sucker for those lower prices) and bought it in stock in the usa at the end of September of 2020. It was shipped out of a Lithuania port in November. Lie #1. The system actually arrived mid December and I was able to install it myself after hiring some buddies of mine that handle rigging jobs. These are very heavy and mine went through my house, into my basement.

Hooked everything up and their controls system was DOA. I'm an electrical engineer, so I pulled it apart and found that there was a signal transfomer that was fried. Told them about it. Showed them pictures, wiring, ohm and voltage readings, etc everything they asked for. They finally said that if I put together a positive review they could send me another. This was supposed to have a 10 year warranty... and I was being held ransom for reviews before it even ran. That was Lie #2

Well i had tons of choice words, none of which I shared with any of them, but I certainly shared them with anything living in my basement at the time. Rass and frassin fools. I made my own controls system and of course it ran great for last winter. I got all of my anthracite from tractor supply. A little wet at times but I cut 5 bags ahead and let them sit and they dry nicely. That boiler almost saved me 4k and paid for itself in a winter compared to being all electric hydronic system we had before "shudders at the old electric bill of 900/month" but now I miss that system I built myself.

This winter I was prepped as I have 4 tons. But wouldn't you know it? The fan, a WPA133 from a poland company M&M went out. This thing has barely ran 4 months tops and I'm committing to repairs. It's ran by a zero cross SSR so there's no way I'm starting it hard, etc. I ordered one through their website just over 4 weeks ago. First excuse was that it would take 2 weeks. Two weeks later is that the shipment hadn't showed up, 1 week later from that there were no workers to stock the shipment because of the holidays, last week the excuse was that they were going to work new years to get it shipped out from pennsylvania to me. Now they won't respond. I'm also not sure why my order that should have come straight from M&M requires for it to be stocked by their workers?

At this point I'm just beside myself with space heaters everywhere and no real end in sight. I seriously have to resort to calling M&M to have them expedite a blower to me. It's going to take yet another 2 weeks probably.

buying MBTEK is just like buying a foreign tractor. There's no parts, worse service, and no one to help.

This site has help me numerous times when trying to understand clinker and dozens of other things in the coal burning world of heat. Thank you to the guys who put all of this together and I hope the above is helpful in saving people the awful headaches and worries I have for my wife and kids to keep them warm. All 4 kids have had to have slumber parties for weeks now where the space heater are. Although fun at first, it's not right, not fair to them, and I wish they could sleep in their beds again, but its too cold in their rooms. Don't bother with MBTEK. They don't care about you and they don't care about anyone you love and do you best to take care of.

Good luck out there. Take care.

Return to “Coal Stoker Boilers & Hot Air Furnaces/Stoves Using Bituminous”