Sub Bituminous Stocker Boiler

mdc

Post by mdc » Sun. Mar. 16, 2008 1:59 pm

Hi I am new to this forum & coal in general so please be patient. I live in alaska where all we have is sub bituminous & all my the local supplier carries is chestnut. I have been trying to find an indoor stoker boiler that will burn this coal. All I have found sofar is a Global Hydronics CF but it is an outdoor model & I really don't want to have to go outside @ 30 below zero to service my stove. My brother in law had a king coal, bottom feed, indoor stoker boiler for many years up here & loved it. The boiler ran all winter with no problems ever. All he ever did was clean it a couple times a week. The people who bought his house had the coal boiler removed about 15 years ago & no one knows what happened to it.
All our coal comes from usebelli coal mine in healy. I understand it is low quality coal ,but from talking to folks up here who lived with coal heat I have not heard about any coking or buildup problems. Would that most likely be from the model of stoves they were / are using? None of the stoves I have heard of folks up here using are still available, so I was wondering if anyone still builds a stocker boiler that will burn our coal well.
Thanks for your help & guidance

stoker-man
Verified Business Rep.
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: 1981 efm wcb-24 in use 365 days a year
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite/Chestnut
Other Heating: Hearthstone wood stove

Post by stoker-man » Mon. Mar. 17, 2008 7:28 pm

Have you looked at a Wilburt stoker? Made in Ohio for Bit coal.

europachris

Post by europachris » Mon. Mar. 17, 2008 8:22 pm

Take a look at http://www.peasefeedandcoal.com. They carry some stokers that will burn your coal. Flame King is another brand, I believe, that will burn lignite and sub bituminous. I'm sure there are a few others - several companies in Canada make stokers that burn that stuff.

mdc

Post by mdc » Sat. Mar. 22, 2008 11:47 pm

Thanks, talked to Mike @ pease and has exactly what I am looking for :)

Return to “Coal Stoker Boilers & Hot Air Furnaces/Stoves Using Bituminous”