Will-Burt Model 30 Stoker

User avatar
Berlin
Site Moderator
Posts: 1847
Joined: Thu. Feb. 09, 2006 1:25 pm
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Will-Burt Combustioneer 77B
Coal Size/Type: Ohio BITUMINOUS pea stoker coal
Location: Buffalo/Adirondacks, NY

Post Thu. Feb. 18, 2010 3:01 am

sure, I've got quite a few of them. what do you want to know?

User avatar
Tamecrow
Member
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat. Feb. 02, 2008 3:59 pm
Stove/Furnace Make: Warden King Ltd.
Stove/Furnace Model: Viking Jr. Boiler/Will-Burt 30
Location: Cape Breton, Nova Scotia

Post Thu. Feb. 18, 2010 3:06 am

I almost forgot about this thread. :oops: I finally put this stoker in service this year. Works great. I'll post some pics of it in operation.

Terry

User avatar
coal berner
Member
Posts: 3590
Joined: Tue. Jan. 09, 2007 12:44 am
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF
Stove/Furnace Make: Electric Furnace Man
Stove/Furnace Model: DF520
Location: Pottsville PA. Schuylkill County PA. The Hart Of Anthracite Coal Country.

Post Thu. Feb. 18, 2010 9:34 am

Tamecrow wrote:The Will-Burt stoker I have is old. The red tag on the unit says Model 30, not S30. The hopper says Combustioneer but that's it. Everything mechanical is Will-Burt. I would bet that this stoker is every bit as old as the Iron Fireman. I don't have a camera here but will take some pics when I can.
The Iron Fireman is a 30. It has been in use since it was bought new. Lots of hours (years) on it but it works well. The Will-Burt has new tuyeres and seems to have a lot less hours on it. Now I really don't know which one to keep. :?

Hi Hydronic, I will watch for your thread.

Terry
Will- burt bought the Iron fireman stoker Division in the early 60's they should have parts for the Iron fireman aswell as parts for there own units & Manuals for both units Will- burt also bought the Combustioneer & Freeman stoker line
at the same time they did with Iron Fireman
**Broken Link(s) Removed**http://www.ironfireman.com/
**Broken Link(s) Removed**Combustioneer purchase


User avatar
Tamecrow
Member
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat. Feb. 02, 2008 3:59 pm
Stove/Furnace Make: Warden King Ltd.
Stove/Furnace Model: Viking Jr. Boiler/Will-Burt 30
Location: Cape Breton, Nova Scotia

Post Thu. Feb. 18, 2010 3:55 pm

coal berner wrote:Will- burt bought the Iron fireman stoker Division in the early 60's they should have parts for the Iron fireman aswell as parts for there own units & Manuals for both units Will- burt also bought the Combustioneer & Freeman stoker line
at the same time they did with Iron Fireman
I bought all the parts I needed to rebuild my stoker directly from Will-Burt. I picked up an Iron Fireman as well. $120.00. It's in great condition except the previous owner used a hardened shear pin :shock: and broke a tooth on a gear in the gearbox. If I can't find a gear I'll have my son build the broken part up with weld and grind/file it into shape. He rebuilds augers using this method. They last longer than new (ever try to drill through weld). I spoke with Dan at Will-Burt and he told me they no longer carry any Iron Fireman parts. There is a place in western Canada that fabricates a lot of the old parts for the Iron Fireman. I'll try to find who it is and post some contact info. Thanks for the links.

Terry

User avatar
coal berner
Member
Posts: 3590
Joined: Tue. Jan. 09, 2007 12:44 am
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF
Stove/Furnace Make: Electric Furnace Man
Stove/Furnace Model: DF520
Location: Pottsville PA. Schuylkill County PA. The Hart Of Anthracite Coal Country.

Post Thu. Feb. 18, 2010 9:17 pm

Tamecrow wrote:
coal berner wrote:Will- burt bought the Iron fireman stoker Division in the early 60's they should have parts for the Iron fireman aswell as parts for there own units & Manuals for both units Will- burt also bought the Combustioneer & Freeman stoker line
at the same time they did with Iron Fireman
I bought all the parts I needed to rebuild my stoker directly from Will-Burt. I picked up an Iron Fireman as well. $120.00. It's in great condition except the previous owner used a hardened shear pin :shock: and broke a tooth on a gear in the gearbox. If I can't find a gear I'll have my son build the broken part up with weld and grind/file it into shape. He rebuilds augers using this method. They last longer than new (ever try to drill through weld). I spoke with Dan at Will-Burt and he told me they no longer carry any Iron Fireman parts. There is a place in western Canada that fabricates a lot of the old parts for the Iron Fireman. I'll try to find who it is and post some contact info. Thanks for the links.

Terry
Your welcome Yes Please do so with the contact info Put a pic on here of the gear & measurements to if you can might have or know where to get one

trishlanny
New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue. Feb. 09, 2010 2:13 pm
Stove/Furnace Make: combustioneer model 77
Stove/Furnace Model: 77

Post Sat. Feb. 20, 2010 7:56 am

thanks alot terry , my name is lanny and my email is [email protected]


trishlanny
New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue. Feb. 09, 2010 2:13 pm
Stove/Furnace Make: combustioneer model 77
Stove/Furnace Model: 77

Post Sat. Feb. 20, 2010 8:04 am

just wanted to have amanual 4 my combustineer 77 tohave u recon you could make me a copy email me at [email protected] well talk more I live in south west va

User avatar
markc
Member
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon. Oct. 19, 2009 9:53 pm
Stove/Furnace Make: coalman,coal, biomass, pellets
Stove/Furnace Model: 400,000 btu, soft coal stoker

Post Sat. Feb. 20, 2010 8:11 am

wil-burt built the combustioneer and if you call them even though the don't support it they will send you literature on it

User avatar
Tamecrow
Member
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat. Feb. 02, 2008 3:59 pm
Stove/Furnace Make: Warden King Ltd.
Stove/Furnace Model: Viking Jr. Boiler/Will-Burt 30
Location: Cape Breton, Nova Scotia

Post Sat. Feb. 20, 2010 5:50 pm

trishlanny wrote:thanks alot terry , my name is lanny and my email is [email protected]
Lanny, I emailed the manual. It's for a MarkIV but might have what you're looking for. Hope it helps.

Terry

Post Reply

Return to “Coal Stokers Boilers & Hot Air Furnaces/Stoves Using Bituminous”