Will-Burt Model 30 Stoker

Berlin

Post by Berlin » Thu. Feb. 18, 2010 3:01 am

sure, I've got quite a few of them. what do you want to know?

Tamecrow

Post by Tamecrow » Thu. Feb. 18, 2010 3:06 am

I almost forgot about this thread. :oops: I finally put this stoker in service this year. Works great. I'll post some pics of it in operation.

Terry

coal berner
Location: Pottsville PA. Schuylkill County PA. The Hart Of Anthracite Coal Country.
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF

Post by coal berner » Thu. Feb. 18, 2010 9:34 am

Tamecrow wrote:The Will-Burt stoker I have is old. The red tag on the unit says Model 30, not S30. The hopper says Combustioneer but that's it. Everything mechanical is Will-Burt. I would bet that this stoker is every bit as old as the Iron Fireman. I don't have a camera here but will take some pics when I can.
The Iron Fireman is a 30. It has been in use since it was bought new. Lots of hours (years) on it but it works well. The Will-Burt has new tuyeres and seems to have a lot less hours on it. Now I really don't know which one to keep. :?

Hi Hydronic, I will watch for your thread.

Terry
Will- burt bought the Iron fireman stoker Division in the early 60's they should have parts for the Iron fireman aswell as parts for there own units & Manuals for both units Will- burt also bought the Combustioneer & Freeman stoker line
at the same time they did with Iron Fireman
**Broken Link(s) Removed**http://www.ironfireman.com/
**Broken Link(s) Removed**Combustioneer purchase

Tamecrow

Post by Tamecrow » Thu. Feb. 18, 2010 3:55 pm

coal berner wrote:Will- burt bought the Iron fireman stoker Division in the early 60's they should have parts for the Iron fireman aswell as parts for there own units & Manuals for both units Will- burt also bought the Combustioneer & Freeman stoker line
I bought all the parts I needed to rebuild my stoker directly from Will-Burt. I picked up an Iron Fireman as well. $120.00. It's in great condition except the previous owner used a hardened shear pin :shock: and broke a tooth on a gear in the gearbox. If I can't find a gear I'll have my son build the broken part up with weld and grind/file it into shape. He rebuilds augers using this method. They last longer than new (ever try to drill through weld). I spoke with Dan at Will-Burt and he told me they no longer carry any Iron Fireman parts. There is a place in western Canada that fabricates a lot of the old parts for the Iron Fireman. I'll try to find who it is and post some contact info. Thanks for the links.

Terry

coal berner
Location: Pottsville PA. Schuylkill County PA. The Hart Of Anthracite Coal Country.
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF

Post by coal berner » Thu. Feb. 18, 2010 9:17 pm

Tamecrow wrote:
coal berner wrote:Will- burt bought the Iron fireman stoker Division in the early 60's they should have parts for the Iron fireman aswell as parts for there own units & Manuals for both units Will- burt also bought the Combustioneer & Freeman stoker line
I bought all the parts I needed to rebuild my stoker directly from Will-Burt. I picked up an Iron Fireman as well. $120.00. It's in great condition except the previous owner used a hardened shear pin :shock: and broke a tooth on a gear in the gearbox. If I can't find a gear I'll have my son build the broken part up with weld and grind/file it into shape. He rebuilds augers using this method. They last longer than new (ever try to drill through weld). I spoke with Dan at Will-Burt and he told me they no longer carry any Iron Fireman parts. There is a place in western Canada that fabricates a lot of the old parts for the Iron Fireman. I'll try to find who it is and post some contact info. Thanks for the links.

Terry
Your welcome Yes Please do so with the contact info Put a pic on here of the gear & measurements to if you can might have or know where to get one

trishlanny

Post by trishlanny » Sat. Feb. 20, 2010 7:56 am

thanks alot terry , my name is lanny and my email is [email protected]

trishlanny

Post by trishlanny » Sat. Feb. 20, 2010 8:04 am

just wanted to have amanual 4 my combustineer 77 tohave u recon you could make me a copy email me at [email protected] well talk more I live in south west va

markc

Post by markc » Sat. Feb. 20, 2010 8:11 am

wil-burt built the combustioneer and if you call them even though the don't support it they will send you literature on it

Tamecrow

Post by Tamecrow » Sat. Feb. 20, 2010 5:50 pm

trishlanny wrote:thanks alot terry , my name is lanny and my email is [email protected]
Lanny, I emailed the manual. It's for a MarkIV but might have what you're looking for. Hope it helps.

Terry

geronimo247
Stoker Coal Boiler: The iron fireman
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Not sure
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Not sure
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Not sure

Post by geronimo247 » Sat. Feb. 16, 2019 10:29 pm

Where is the model posted at? I just came across one and I'm am interested In maybe selling it

geronimo247
Stoker Coal Boiler: The iron fireman
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Not sure
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Not sure
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Not sure

Post by geronimo247 » Sat. Feb. 16, 2019 10:38 pm

Return to “Coal Stoker Boilers & Hot Air Furnaces/Stoves Using Bituminous”